Did You See This Video?

Do words like "efficiency", "sustainability", "functionality", and "convenience" do it for anyone?

I mean the first phrase in that video is "Madrid - sustainable and efficient". Oooh, well if it's BOTH of those how can we fail to be excited by Madrid 2016?! The opening gambit that's supposed to grab you and pull you into the video sounds like something someone would say if they were trying to sell you a washing machine.

"Madrid - sustainable and efficient. And it washes just as well at 20 degrees, saving you money!"

Do words like "efficiency", "sustainability", "functionality", and "convenience" do it for anyone?

I mean the first phrase in that video is "Madrid - sustainable and efficient". Oooh, well if it's BOTH of those how can we fail to be excited by Madrid 2016?! The opening gambit that's supposed to grab you and pull you into the video sounds like something someone would say if they were trying to sell you a washing machine.

"Madrid - sustainable and efficient. And it washes just as well at 20 degrees, saving you money!"

Well, the bid does saves money indeed compared to the other ones. That was maybe the point. :)

Do you think this should be a kind of Eurovision Song Contest country presentation or what?! Maybe Madrilenos should have hired Britney Spears for an extra-flashy video presentation ;)

Perhaps I'm being unfair. If this video is only intended to show the reliability of Madrid 2016, then it does a good job. No question.

However, if this video is shown in Copenhagen and there isn't another complementary video designed to get the blood racing, then Madrid is in danger of falling flat.

I'm sure (hopeful) they've got a few surprises yet though...

Perhaps I'm being unfair. If this video is only intended to show the reliability of Madrid 2016, then it does a good job. No question.

However, if this video is shown in Copenhagen and there isn't another complementary video designed to get the blood racing, then Madrid is in danger of falling flat.

I'm sure (hopeful) they've got a few surprises yet though...

I think this video is a kind of video with technical aspects and so on, to show that Madrid is prepared to hold a Games even next year. I'm sure we will have surprises in Copenhaguen, specially if our King goes there (he is a member of the 'Olympic family' and is respected by its members)

• 1 year later...

I think this video is a kind of video with technical aspects and so on, to show that Madrid is prepared to hold a Games even next year. I'm sure we will have surprises in Copenhaguen, specially if our King goes there (he is a member of the 'Olympic family' and is respected by its members)

With the due respect, your King went to Copenhagen and spoke to the IOC members. The same did the deceased Samaranch. I think Madrid - although having the best project - failed in having not in account the Continental rotation. Too soon after London. King Juan Carlos will always be respected by the Olympic family. And Samaranch's name has entered to the history of the games. But Camões said once something like this: "O fraco rei faz fraca a forte gente" or "The weak King makes weak the strong people. King Juan Carlos looked like an old member of a decadent rock band with his long hair. One could not find Majesty in His Majesty. In Copenhagen he was not the monarch Franco prepared the kingdom to. If Madrid is to bid for 2020, then you really need to prepare good surprises, as Rio did. Those rings in Copacabana were a surprise. Ahh, I almost forgot. Tell the King to show himself really involved in the bid success, as Lula did with his tears.

Archived