Nbc Today Show To Broadcast Live From Grouse Mtn During 2010 Games

^ nowhere near any events, but it'll be busy during the Games with skiers and it's the Peak of Vancouver....the views of the city down below are absolutely surreal, on a good day.

This is the view they will get:

grouse.jpg

389658146_10242eafaf.jpg

Yes - a great view. I've only been in the summer.

However, a bit of a difference to the Athens, Torino and Beijing locations which were in the thick of the action. Won't be quite the same. But I guess the TV viewers don't mind.

It is just the morning show that will be up there, right?

There won't be too much action between 4am and 8am, except in places like Grouse where they plan to be open 24 hours.

The other shows during the day can be put in the thick of things.

Yes - a great view. I've only been in the summer.

However, a bit of a difference to the Athens, Torino and Beijing locations which were in the thick of the action. Won't be quite the same. But I guess the TV viewers don't mind.

Perhaps.

Grouse is planning to have their slopes open for skiing 24/7 during the Games. It was a huge hit when they tried it out for the first time earlier this year.

Well Grouse mountain and the view of the city in the background for a studio would be like a Studio from the hills around Corcovado above Rio . an America Networks Dream Shot for a Background .

Natural topography blended with the fact you are near a major shipping port and city. The CBC had a similar Studio view of Sydney Harbour in the background for their studio location in 2000. This helps draw viewers into to something they don't see on TV very often . Beijing 2008 even thou you had an incredible peice of architecture in the venues in the background I felt was not as compelling to watch the studio segments . I don't know what Chicago, Tokyo or Madrid would ahve to offer to Counter a Corcovado Mountain view.

Jim jones

So nowhere near any events - will they get much of a live audience?!

Yes, but they will have the view..................

Vancouver_from_Grouse_mountain.jpg

It's just sad about the usual spectators around their podium... even as french guys, i had fun in Athens & Beijing to attend their show !

Between 4 and 8 a.m. it'll be so dark outside the camera will hardly pick out anything except distant city lights.

Think back to last February and how dark it was at 8 a.m.

Does the Today show have a special West Coast feed for West coast affiliates like Seattle's KING 5?

Are you sure the Today show will be 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. here? Cause when I was live at 30 Rock in New York watching the Today show live, the show was 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. there, therefore 4 - 7 a.m. here.

Even at 7 a.m. at that time of year it'll still be too dark for viewers to see the city.

Probably planning a one hour extension since NBC will be wall to wall with coverage anyways...

Vancouver Sun:

Today show personalities Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Al Roker, Ann Curry and Natalie Morales will broadcast live from Grouse Mountain from 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. Vancouver time Monday to Friday. The show also will have two-hour broadcasts on Saturdays and one hour each Sunday.

Grouse Mountain will be open to skiers 24/7 during the Games. When there's no cloud bank, the views of the city will be absolutely stunning - even at night - see pics in first page.