50 Days Until Decision

50days.jpg

Where does the state of the race stand with you?

I say Rio has a slight lead over Chicago right now, with Tokyo and Madrid a bit behind.

Also, how much do you think the evaluation report will change the race?

Where does the state of the race stand with you?

I say Rio has a slight lead over Chicago right now, with Tokyo and Madrid a bit behind.

Also, how much do you think the evaluation report will change the race?

I think for the first time in history, we will have a real technical analysis and rating in the Evaluation Report....

From my point of view, this report will confirm that Transport & Security are not issues for Rio, that Finance & Guarantee are a problem for Chicago and that the 2 last ones are ready for the games but suffer of a lack of passions !

So, i think the ranking could be (on technical and financial basis):

- Tokyo

- Madrid

- Rio

- Chicago

But lobbying and IOC members mounds would gave us something like that on the final vote (with the risk for every city to be out at any round...) :

- Madrid out

- Tokyo out

- Chicago finalist

- Rio winner

:rolleyes:

Chicago is the favourite, is a great american city, a wonderful city too... but, I think Rio can be the win!

Rio is a strong candidate and one of the most beautiful for the history of games.

Most Beautiful History of the Games the Greatest Legacy of All Time (Big Debt).

Goodluck!!!

It will be Chicago Vs. Tokyo

1st to go = Madrid

2nd to go = Rio

So it's between Tokyo and Chicago

Why not Rio?

1. Crime Rate = Too High

OSAC said the crime rate in RIO is critical.

Violent crimes such as murder, rape, kidnapping, carjacking, armed assault, and burglary are becoming a normal part of everyday life. The U.S. Consulate in Rio de Janeiro has received a number of reports of Americans being drugged, commonly with what is referred as “goodnight Cinderella” drugs, in bars and nightclubs and subsequently robbed. There are lots of SCAMS and they targeted tourists.

2. Poverty

See Favelas and World Poverty Forum - Latin America

3. Debt

Possibly the Greatest Legacy for 2016 Olympics.

The only advantage of RIO is the setting of the City other than that there are nothing in terms of BID.

Maybe 2020 or 2024

RIO 2020 or 2024

but watch out for DUBAI and SOUTH AFRICA.

Erik - dude. Chill on all the photo postings. Sure, Tokyo's bid has been underrepresented on this forum, but you are not winning anyone over with all of these nonsensical picture posts. You can just do it more tastefully and with purpose my friend.

What do you think will change between 2016 & 2020 ???

Do you think you could erase crimes, solve poverty and realise the renewal of your city without public investments....

Stop dreaming ! I you think Rio is able to do it in 2020 or 2024, they are already to do in in 2016 !

1st to go = Madrid

2nd to go = Rio

So it's between Tokyo and Chicago

Why not Rio?

1. Crime Rate = Too High

OSAC said the crime rate in RIO is critical.

Violent crimes such as murder, rape, kidnapping, carjacking, armed assault, and burglary are becoming a normal part of everyday life. The U.S. Consulate in Rio de Janeiro has received a number of reports of Americans being drugged, commonly with what is referred as “goodnight Cinderella” drugs, in bars and nightclubs and subsequently robbed. There are lots of SCAMS and they targeted tourists.

2. Poverty

See Favelas and World Poverty Forum - Latin America

3. Debt

Possibly the Greatest Legacy for 2016 Olympics.

The only advantage of RIO is the setting of the City other than that there are nothing in terms of BID.

Maybe 2020 or 2024

RIO 2020 or 2024

but watch out for DUBAI and SOUTH AFRICA.

Do you think you could erase crimes, solve poverty and realise the renewal of your city without public investments....

Stop dreaming ! I you think Rio is able to do it in 2020 or 2024, they are already to do in in 2016 !

It depends on your government. You cam improve in 10 to 14 years.

Lessen your crime, paying your debth (specially from panam and world cup) and feed your poor people)

RIO 2020 - 2024

Can't believe after so long a build up, we're almost to the end.

I'm actually going to play safe and wait until the Evaluation Reports are in before I say who is most likely to win. But anyone who knows me or followed my posts know I'm a big supporter of the Chicago bid.

Aside from that... wait and see.

Wt do u think willchange 2012 to 2016???

It depends on your government. You cam improve in 10 to 14 years.

Lessen your crime, paying your debth (specially from panam and world cup) and feed your poor people)

RIO 2020 - 2024

Which debt, dumb???

The PanAm were full payed in December 2007. No bill to be paiyed... 16 sponsors and a big check from Federal Govt.

Get informed.

Which hungry people??? Search Google about Social programs in Brazil and how they transformed a poor country in a major middle-class and booming developing economy...

You are completely out while talking about Brazil...

Note: Brazil HDIs average reached high development 5 years ago and it is still growing... 0,810...

Which debt, dumb???

The PanAm were full payed in December 2007. No bill to be paiyed... 16 sponsors and a big check from Federal Govt.

Get informed.

Which hungry people??? Search Google about Social programs in Brazil and how they transformed a poor country in a major middle-class and booming developing economy...

You are completely out while talking about Brazil...

Note: Brazil HDIs average reached high development 5 years ago and it is still growing... 0,810...

LOL

BRAZIL is the country with thr highest DEBT in the world.

Brazil 237,953,000,000 as of 2006 + interest.

So eventhough your GDP is gaining your debt is rising.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/c...n-debt-map.html

LOL

BRAZIL is the country with thr highest DEBT in the world.

Brazil 237,953,000,000 as of 2006 + interest.

So eventhough your GDP is gaining your debt is rising.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/c...n-debt-map.html

????

I don't know your source....

Looks on wikipedia summarizing several sources (CIA & OECD) in 2008 for the external debt or public debt

External : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...y_external_debt

Public : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count..._by_public_debt

I did not say that this figures from wikipedia are the correct ones, but they show that apparently figures from official sources are different.

I will try to check on official websites and come back later.

2007 Pan Am Games

2014 World FIFA Cup

2016 Olympics to RIO? My goodness the people around the world will be bored. They might said, samba again...again and again and again so boring haha

To IOC,

Give it to others, want the opening to the world to be samba again?

Geeee, hocus pocus....

Archived