Your Chosen City In Three Pictures

OMG feeling bad for visiting El escorial??? so exagerated loooooooool.

Well Madrid is Big and very cosmopolita and people live different to a middle city or a small city ( i prefer my city hehehe in south OLE EL SUR ).

Somepeople i think they think still in recent Spanish histyory ( dictadura..... ) but it is past, ok i know still some people has the same mind that in tht period but it happen in all world and here in Spain too as in Germany , Italy, USA.... but for that people need try to forget and enjoy in Fiesta contry hhehhehe and dont think in past.

i know my englishsuck i hope people can undestand me :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here are my three pics for Chicago. It was hard, and I have several others that I thought were interesting, but for sake of following the rules, I will limit it to these three. I also didn't want to post the same images that were in the Sites and Sounds thread.

Crown Fountains in Millennium Park

bp81XBL8bB.jpg

Millennium Park is buzzing with activity during the summer months, but one of the most popular spots for kids is the Crown Fountains. Two giant walls display faces of Chicagoans through transparent bricks, and they even spit out water. I think this scene especially shows off Chicago's diversity, because children of all races from all over the city and country gather here daily in the summer to just have fun. This park is free, and right in the heart of the city.

World Series Victory Celebration on historic LaSalle Street

5fdPrg4pC1.png

In 2005, the Chicago White Sox baseball team won the World Series, and a couple of days later the city hosted a victory parade down LaSalle Street. Over two million people showed up along the parade route, and ticker tape filled the air. I literally felt like I was in Times Square celebrating the end of WWII or something, but this image shows Chicago's passion for sport, among the beautiful historic building like the Chicago Board of Trade (this building was featured in many films like The Dark Night, Road to Perdition and The Untouchables).

Historic Buildings

47503858_54e3a59746_o.jpg

Chicago is known for its modern glass and steel skyscrapers, but among the tall powerful buildings are beautiful historic gems like the Rookery Building (stairs picture), and the Chicago Cultural Center, Holy Name Cathedral, the Auditorium Theater, the Wrigley Building, and even homes built by Frank Lloyd Wright in Oak Park.

By visiting these buildings, one relives Chicago in it's earlier days during the time of Al Capone or Daniel Burham's plan unfolding for the city.

Caue, this is not a pissing contest...

I posted the pictures not because it is just a park - it is a park that shows Chicago's racial diversity. Hands down, Chicago has the most ethnically diverse city. It is known that Brazilians are poor sports who boo the competition. In Chicago, people who live here will actually support their native countries, and make them feel at home.

I didn't just post a street, but it is Chicago's most historical street, and it represents Chicago economic might (home of the largest futures exchange in the world). I also work on this street, so I am a bit biased.

I didn't just post a staircase, but I posted it to show that the city has unique historical architecture, not just modern skyscrapers.

Rio has a lot of things the other three cities don't have, none of which are things to be proud of. There are a lot of cities where you can parasail, and walk the beach. One can parasail from a skyscraper if they really wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I SUPPORT TOKYO 2016

I think the only one that can beat the BEIJING, not even LONDON but TOKYO. I agree with one of the Tokyo supporter that with their advance technology and creative thinking they will bring or set the 2016 Olympics in a new high bar.

We are now in the era of advance technology and only Tokyo can bring that to the table.

Someone comparing the past Olympics held in Japan. Look at the past Japan and the 21st Century Japan. Lots of changes and from the pictures I saw in the other thread, Tokyo is everything, not only the buidlings of Chicago nor the nature of Rio. All are in Tokyo and more of it.

Las Olimpiadas futuristas van Tokio 2016

perfect but boring, starting from the logo. It's not just technology but the Olympic spirit, cheering, volunteering, games Energy! Lol what's real plan? Put Asimos at the door to welcome be serve the people!? Hahaha

perfect but boring, starting from the logo. It's not just technology but the Olympic spirit, cheering, volunteering, games Energy! Lol what's real plan? Put Asimos at the door to welcome be serve the people!? Hahaha

And*

Caue, this is not a pissing contest...

I posted the pictures not because it is just a park - it is a park that shows Chicago's racial diversity. Hands down, Chicago has the most ethnically diverse city. It is known that Brazilians are poor sports who boo the competition. In Chicago, people who live here will actually support their native countries, and make them feel at home.

I didn't just post a street, but it is Chicago's most historical street, and it represents Chicago economic might (home of the largest futures exchange in the world). I also work on this street, so I am a bit biased.

I didn't just post a staircase, but I posted it to show that the city has unique historical architecture, not just modern skyscrapers.

Rio has a lot of things the other three cities don't have, none of which are things to be proud of. There are a lot of cities where you can parasail, and walk the beach. One can parasail from a skyscraper if they really wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Soaring,

People in Germany booed everything at Confederations Cup... During Miss Universe, in any country of world Miss America gets booed... It's not a Brazilian invention.

2 - Rio ethnically is diverse just like any American big city, like Chicago.

The difference in Brazil is that no matter where you are from, if you live in Brazil you are also Brazilian. In USA you have italian district, chinatown, little Brazil street, in Brazil, everybody lives togheter...

So, people from abroad are mixed up with locals.

About pictures, I love American cities, I'm a huge fan of USA, but Chicago shows the same thing of any big city in a developed country: buildings (cityscape), some historical center and parks... Each city has its history, of course, but Chicago represents the same "big american city" things to see...

Caue sometimes is not diplomatic, but he told the truth, without diplomacy.

Soaring,

People in Germany booed everything at Confederations Cup... During Miss Universe, in any country of world Miss America gets booed... It's not a Brazilian invention.

2 - Rio ethnically is diverse just like any American big city, like Chicago.

The difference in Brazil is that no matter where you are from, if you live in Brazil you are also Brazilian. In USA you have italian district, chinatown, little Brazil street, in Brazil, everybody lives togheter...

So, people from abroad are mixed up with locals.

About pictures, I love American cities, I'm a huge fan of USA, but Chicago shows the same thing of any big city in a developed country: buildings (cityscape), some historical center and parks... Each city has its history, of course, but Chicago represents the same "big american city" things to see...

Caue sometimes is not diplomatic, but he told the truth, without diplomacy.

I don't think there's a better booing place than brazil. At the Pan Ams it was so embarassing, Lula is such a great leader nd the people don't show the respect he deserves. when the Argentinean and American delegation entered the stadium they were booed, and Many other sports During the pan ams, speacially during gymnastics competition where it's needed silence for concentration, when one of them fell down the crowd wud cheer nd also when the American anthem was played. I totally dislike This kind of behavior, it doesn't happen every where like u stated, it's not part of the part of the games it's inside everyone who's ignorant.

IGNORANTE

You Think TOKYO and JAPANESE people not have

"Olympic spirit, cheering, volunteering, games Energy"

How many Brazilian Olympics Medals you have compare to Japan?

All the bidding cities have all of these you called "Olympic spirit, cheering, volunteering, games Energy".

But Rio doesn't have technology to build because you buy.

OBTW, my friend lost or snatched her wallet while travelling to Rio and the taxi cab asked more money that what is it in the meter. Feel unsafe to go to RIO.

MEXICANS EXPATS FOR TOKIO 2016

Tokyo is NOT going to get it. Of the four candidates, it already hosted. Why should it go to Tokyo again?

And DON'T say look at London 2012. In that round, ALL 5 countries have been one-time hosts; and 3 of them hosted already: London, MOscow and Paris have at least hosted once; Madrid (Spain) and New York (USA) have had Barcelona, LA and Atlanta previously. So a repeat hosting was NOT an issue then. It IS NOW!! And this so-called technology edge that Tokyo has, why...are the other 3 candidate cities from backward countries that they cannot have the state-of-the-art technology to run the Games?

Just goes to show how ignorant and clueless the Tokyo supporters are.

Btw I'm not here, nd we are not here to offend ppl, but expressing my own opinions. Plz respect nd don't say non sense ****, Im just tryin to be is realistic. Don't have to get so DEffensive and aggressive, just chill. Tokyo is not getting anywayz..

I'm not offended, but I just think it is rude to pick on people's pictures saying... Rio has parks, streets and stairs. I at least made the effort to try and reinforce my choices.

I don't see anything particularly different with Caue's pictures compared to previous Rio photos. One could find those exact pictures if Los Angeles was bidding again.

Chicago has the most ethnically diverse population. All Chicagoans consider themselves "American" but the city does pride itself on celebrating the different ethnicites. Hands down, the city of Chicago and the diverse people truly represent the Olympic fabric of diversity. When the AIBA held their boxing tournament here in 2007, many people lined state street to cheer on their native countries as well as the U.S. team. It was really special.

I think Rio would be a great host, but Brazil does not have a good record of sportsmanlike behavior, much like Spain's debacle with racism during the Beijing Olympics, and even the U.S.'s image of being too prideful or ignorant.

*PAUSE*

To all Members/Commenters in this Forum:

In order to make it through multi-round voting, the supporters/voters for a city voted out of a round will have to decide to support a different city (or, for that matter, IF to support a different city) in subsequent rounds. With many of the bid campaigns continuing until the last round on the strength of a handful of votes, winning bid cities need to be acceptable to supporters of the unsuccessful bid cities. It does not help your city to create denigrate and raise the negative emotions of people supporting the other cities--this makes them less likely to support your city when/if their candidate is voted out of a round. And, by the way, that country's IOC members can now enter their own votes. Promoting your own city's strengths can be helpful; emphasizing the negatives of other cities can, therefore, hurt your city more than you realize.

Admittedly, some story lines are becoming repetitive here (both positive and negative) but that should challenge the city's supporters to find a compelling story line supporting their own city that could resonate with people supporting other cities rather than new shortcomings derived from short term visits/impressions/second hand reports/forum postings about a city where they do not live.

I think this thread was intended to be a "Make an Impression in Three Images" of your own city rather than a "Identify Shortcomings of Another City Based on Three Images."

Even if you're *CERTAIN* that another city's shortcomings will result in a loss in the first round --That's Fine-- but those votes are going somewhere in the next rounds. If the city's supporters don't feel their efforts were respected by your city's supporters, then they'll be unlikely to support your city and the 1-5 votes that could make the difference are making a difference for another city.

CHItown '16

My city of choice is Rio!

To my fellow IOC members...

Please remember that we, at Rio, will be heavily burdened with the expenses of 2014. We need a break from all this sports hoopla. I think 2016 is NOT the right time for us. Senores, damas, sus majestades...2016 no es el tiempo propio por Rio!!

Su companero,

Pierre

--------------------

It's Good to be Me!!

You forgot to mention also "RIO - The greatest Olympics Debt in History"

Rio might break the Montreal Games in terms of amount of debt after the Olympics. This will be your legacy.

Let's take a look closely to the pic you posted.

rio3.jpg

ahhhh slum area in Rio on the Hills. Look at how poor the people. Invest your money to your people first than in Olympics.

MEXICANS EXPATS FOR TOKIO 2016

I'm not offended, but I just think it is rude to pick on people's pictures saying... Rio has parks, streets and stairs. I at least made the effort to try and reinforce my choices.

I don't see anything particularly different with Caue's pictures compared to previous Rio photos. One could find those exact pictures if Los Angeles was bidding again.

Chicago has the most ethnically diverse population. All Chicagoans consider themselves "American" but the city does pride itself on celebrating the different ethnicites. Hands down, the city of Chicago and the diverse people truly represent the Olympic fabric of diversity. When the AIBA held their boxing tournament here in 2007, many people lined state street to cheer on their native countries as well as the U.S. team. It was really special.

I think Rio would be a great host, but Brazil does not have a good record of sportsmanlike behavior, much like Spain's debacle with racism during the Beijing Olympics, and even the U.S.'s image of being too prideful or ignorant.

Soaring, if I was not diplomatic to talk about the three pictures of Chicago, you is not diplomatic to attack Rio with this argument of brazilian fans.

Archived