The Boring Tokyo

Erik

It's actually refreshing to see some love finally start to build for Tokyo here.

Erik, I don't think people mean the city and culture itself when they say it's "boring" - anyone who's been there knmows it's anything but. But it's more the bid, as excellent as it seems to be perceived - at the end comes down to ANOTHER repeat host (right after another repeater won). I guess that a lot just think it's boring because somany of us like to see the games move around to new places.

It's actually refreshing to see some love finally start to build for Tokyo here.

Erik, I don't think people mean the city and culture itself when they say it's "boring" - anyone who's been there knmows it's anything but. But it's more the bid, as excellent as it seems to be perceived - at the end comes down to ANOTHER repeat host (right after another repeater won). I guess that a lot just think it's boring because somany of us like to see the games move around to new places.

But BEIJING is totally different from TOKYO LOL

It maybe in the same continent but BEIJING don't have SUSHI LOL

And if it is about the bid then one of the RIO supporter said he has been in Tokyo and he doesn't like it, not going anymore LOL because IT"S BORING?

That sense maybe he is talking not about bid but the city itself.

Some context is about the bid and some context is about the city and clearly some relate tokyo as a BORING City which I disagree.

LOL

But BEIJING is totally different from TOKYO LOL

It maybe in the same continent but BEIJING don't have SUSHI LOL

I wasn't talking about Beijing, I was talking about Tokyo (host city of the Olympic Games in 1964).

Like I said, I agree, Tokyo as a city is anything but boring. One of my favourite destinations in the world. As a second time Olympic host, however, I'm far more excited by the other bidders.

I totally agree that Tokyo is anything but boring. I've never been there and I would love to go.

It's the BID that doesn't seem to have a whole lot of fire. Plus I can't get the very staid OC in Nagano out of my head. It just wasn't very exciting. This is not a reflection on the city, but rather what appears to be the Japanese approach to staging major sporting events. They cross all the t's and dot all the i's. The logistics are flawless, but somehow the fun and excitement is missing.

Tokyo, for sure is not a boring city... But in this race, it's the most one...

I can't imagine a night party in Japan without karaoke :)

WOW!!! I make some nonsense commentary as a lot of them I read about Rio!!!

Yuhu!!! I'm graduated at Baron's University of sarcasm!

Like others have said, I don't believe Tokyo is a boring city at all. They just have a very unexciting bid (at least to me).

You spoke the correct word: unexciting. Agreed.

But I will not change my signature...

RIO - The granest among all and the greatest Olympics Debt in History

opppps sounds red flag to IOC

The money "is already in bank", man... Get informed... All guarantees signed...

And If games cost US$ 100 billion, it's not a deal for the 7th biggest GDP in the world...

Note: 13 sponsors already guaranteed, all Rio-2016 bid accounts already payed...

You comment are useless and out of this planet...

Oppps you sound like a fool here...

Let the conversation to decent people.

Archived