Britain's Bidding Streak

BBC BREAKING NEWS:

JIM JONES LOVES BRITAIN!

jimthequeen.png

Abuja 2018 bid consultant, and Gamesbid forum superstar, Jim Jones declared his love for Britain in a recent interview with the BBC. He is quoted:

" I love the UK. Especially Scotland. Bring on Glasgow 2014! London rulez too man! Booyakasha!"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kodak well they certainly sell digital cameras in North America along with memory media. They are the longest duration of the top sponsors to drop out and that has been since Seoul 1988. Their involvment came with LA 84 being turned down by kodak for exclusive film for the Olympics at a mere 10 million . Kodak said we have over 90 percent of the market. Unknown Fiji Film at the time jumped at the sponsorship and established themselves in America take 10 percent out of Kodaks share . Kodak then signed on for multiple games.

Jim jones

Pb with that is that the whole "digital cameras" domain is fuzzy: with Samsung whose mobile phones - for most of them anyway - can take pictures and Panasonic also involved in producing, managing digital pictures, it is difficult to define a digital cameras category where a partner would have exclusive rights.

You're making this too black and white, as you always so tediously do. London is the financial capital of Europe despite everything that's happened in the last year, so it's not quite in the welsh coal mines territory yet. It's certainly getting more competition from emerging economies, but it's also getting business from these economies. It's still the place where Middle Eastern and Chinese companies come to invest and base their HQs and the amount of foreign money coming in and out of London is greater than in any other city in the world having surpassed NYC some years ago. The credit crunch may have stalled that momentum but London is a city undoubtedly on the up and has been for at least a decade having caught the wave of globalisation at the right time.

Well here is the very simple thing I can see Rob and lets take a what if view . Lets Take Tesco as an example . If the World Cup in England is the ultimate goodwill option which really it is a given a Tesco will put their money down on that sports festival as a purely defensive move . If they don't and ever expanding Wal Mart may break with their traditions of not having sports festival sponsorship.

So what will it take for a Tesco to defend ? Huge amounts of money . If they don't a Walmart getting that spot would do huge damage to Tescos market share. By winning all these things UK businesses with foreign competitors in their marketplace have to really pick and choose. I can't see any problem for the World Cup having huge UK based sponsorship that is a huge given . It is the lesser games like the Rugby Worlds and the Commonwealth in 2014 that will have it very hard . Manchester 2002 was in very clear air for sponsorship but they could not even get half of what they projected. That really has more to do with the Commonwealth Games then British Business. There is little value commercially for them .

In the meanwhile 2014 CWGS and the Rugby 2015 are also looking at the same doors. The only marketplace that could indeed take that much action for sponsorship and not have negative effects for domestic companies is indeed the US. Tesco is not going to sponsor a Rugby 2015 or CWG 2014 thinking that would counter a possible Walmart taking the World Cup Sponsorship. The shear force of an English World cup marketing effort would make those events practical invisible. The big problem for UK companies going forward is going to be survival in the face of what governments are going to have to do in the UK . with 43 percent of the Economy in england being public sector and that on the chopping block companies with much of their assets in the UK are going to have trouble. a Prime Example is diagro and the Johnie Walker Plants closing in Scotland.

Remember also the post Olympics Reccession that has hit every country except two in the history of the Olympics.

Well Welsh Coal mine may be a bit harsh but it is certainly not like Brazil or China where they still have great growth potentials. The combined economies of India and China are still only half for the entire american economies but the growth is there. The Us , Canada , Uk and EU there is some growth but really not as much and certainly no where near the potentials of those emerging economies.

Manulife is ending the Tops sponsorship and they are a huge financial company from Canada . If they are not interested in the London 2012 games that really does not bode well for the other financial companies that are London based. There are banks in Canada with spread in the entire Americas that you would think would be much more involved with Sports sponsorship other then the cricket worlds in the Caribbean last year. Bank of Nova Scotia comes to mind . They have a portion of Barcleys Shares among others.

Jim Jones

Last week Jim says this:

Well Generally it can harm their chances because in regards to domestic sponsorship a Great Britain increasingly with a Commercial Sector that is being asked to pony up for the Olympics , Commonwealth Games and Rugby Worlds could indeed be very much tapped out for a World Cup of Football....

Of coarse the World Cup could be totally devoid of UK domestic sponsorship and actually occur in 2018

Unless Virgin or Dyson changes to sports sponsorship in a huge way beyond on team Formula One for maybe a year the potential in 2018 may be limited for England...

This week he comes out with this:

I can't see any problem for the World Cup having huge UK based sponsorship that is a huge given

Make your mind up! :lol:

I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of that lengthly post after this gem. It just wasn't worth my time.

You go from one position to another depending on what is convenient to your twisted world view.

I'd like to attribute your change of heart to an admission of ignorance. But I'm afraid it's nothing like that is it? As soon as I point out that it's more likely a RWG or CwG will miss out than a football World Cup you change your tune completely because you have been given a different stick to hit Britain with (although you've contrived to make it a much bigger stick than it actually is). That's the only reason for the complete u-turn you've made in this thread.

Your posts are a joke, in short.

Well here is the very simple thing I can see Rob and lets take a what if view . Lets Take Tesco as an example . If the World Cup in England is the ultimate goodwill option which really it is a given a Tesco will put their money down on that sports festival as a purely defensive move . If they don't and ever expanding Wal Mart may break with their traditions of not having sports festival sponsorship.

So what will it take for a Tesco to defend ? Huge amounts of money . If they don't a Walmart getting that spot would do huge damage to Tescos market share. By winning all these things UK businesses with foreign competitors in their marketplace have to really pick and choose. I can't see any problem for the World Cup having huge UK based sponsorship that is a huge given . It is the lesser games like the Rugby Worlds and the Commonwealth in 2014 that will have it very hard . Manchester 2002 was in very clear air for sponsorship but they could not even get half of what they projected. That really has more to do with the Commonwealth Games then British Business. There is little value commercially for them .

In the meanwhile 2014 CWGS and the Rugby 2015 are also looking at the same doors. The only marketplace that could indeed take that much action for sponsorship and not have negative effects for domestic companies is indeed the US. Tesco is not going to sponsor a Rugby 2015 or CWG 2014 thinking that would counter a possible Walmart taking the World Cup Sponsorship. The shear force of an English World cup marketing effort would make those events practical invisible. The big problem for UK companies going forward is going to be survival in the face of what governments are going to have to do in the UK . with 43 percent of the Economy in england being public sector and that on the chopping block companies with much of their assets in the UK are going to have trouble. a Prime Example is diagro and the Johnie Walker Plants closing in Scotland.

Remember also the post Olympics Reccession that has hit every country except two in the history of the Olympics.

Well Welsh Coal mine may be a bit harsh but it is certainly not like Brazil or China where they still have great growth potentials. The combined economies of India and China are still only half for the entire american economies but the growth is there. The Us , Canada , Uk and EU there is some growth but really not as much and certainly no where near the potentials of those emerging economies.

Manulife is ending the Tops sponsorship and they are a huge financial company from Canada . If they are not interested in the London 2012 games that really does not bode well for the other financial companies that are London based. There are banks in Canada with spread in the entire Americas that you would think would be much more involved with Sports sponsorship other then the cricket worlds in the Caribbean last year. Bank of Nova Scotia comes to mind . They have a portion of Barcleys Shares among others.

Jim Jones

Jim - let BRITAIN worry about this!

You are trying to deduce problems where there are none & it ultimately does not concern you. I'm sure the planners, accountants, companies et all no more about than you do. You are constantly trying cast negativity upon Britain clutching at whatever non existent straws that you can!

Last week Jim says this:

This week he comes out with this:

Make your mind up! :lol:

I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of that lengthly post after this gem. It just wasn't worth my time.

You go from one position to another depending on what is convenient to your twisted world view.

I'd like to attribute your change of heart to an admission of ignorance. But I'm afraid it's nothing like that is it? As soon as I point out that it's more likely a RWG or CwG will miss out than a football World Cup you change your tune completely because you have been given a different stick to hit Britain with (although you've contrived to make it a much bigger stick than it actually is). That's the only reason for the complete u-turn you've made in this thread.

Your posts are a joke, in short.

Ha yeah they are a hoot are they not. you could indeed have both effects considering that your economy is based overwhelmingly on government spending and dependence on the Government. Considering Government is the overwhelming share holder in London 2012 and all these things how does the Government then go to pick up the sponsorship half . They had to do that for 2002 without a real sports festival knocking on the doors of the very few corporations in the sports sponsorship biz.

But hey the government will be able to bail out these things one after another after all they are not shutting elementary schools in Glasgow what so ever. and the 6000 public employees in scotland to ge the axe soon they will still be paying taxes along with the 1000 workers to be laid of by Johnnies Walker. and a Nationalised Northern rock does not have a current default rate of 33 percent of their real estate mortages . the vicious cycle is that great debt insures investor flight and great debt means less spending power in the future. Wonder why you have businesses shuttering in the UK at huge rates ? woolworths remember them ? Used to be a world wide company only to die a death in the homeland of the UK. the sold and sold off the assets in places like Canada and the US and imploded in the UK with its self inflicted wounds of Bank Collapses.

The lack of control of public spending on these events is not wise as has been shown many times Worldwide. This is why an economist Prime Minister of Canada basically made conditions of hosting a Commonwealth Games in Halifax completely impossible to afford in that city and the province of Nova Scotia and indeed shutt the door on a bidding mania happening in Canada like you have in the UK. a two games policy between 2008 and 2018 is in place for Canada . Canada DEBT stands at 3.5 percent of annual GDP the UKs stands at over 40 percent of annual GDP and is indeed predicted to rise to over 70 percent of annual gdp in 2010. What does that mean for the UK ? HIGHER taxes to try to control debt service charges .

A set of countries with much lower ratios of debt in smaller economies is way better to host these things then a country that is more likely to see their economy collapse under the shear weight of DEBT . Really Japan and the UK could head down the road to Argentina status .

Have a nice Day Jim Jones

Jim, for someone who is upset that Britain is hosting these events you sure do like spending your time talking about us. You keep saying the same lies over and over, hoping some degenerate monkey will believe you. You are not an economist and truthfully, not a fully fledged member of the human race, yet you think you are correct about everything.

Members of Gamesbid forum are laughing at you. We all know how your predictions for the 2014 commonwealth games turned out, don't we!

Jim, for someone who is upset that Britain is hosting these events you sure do like spending your time talking about us. You keep saying the same lies over and over, hoping some degenerate monkey will believe you. You are not an economist and truthfully, not a fully fledged member of the human race, yet you think you are correct about everything.

Members of Gamesbid forum are laughing at you. We all know how your predictions for the 2014 commonwealth games turned out, don't we!

yeah what ever rotten Teeth . Who cares about Gamebid forumers think really ? you think I care ? If it is just a mutual white people are great club and those Africans. South Americans , Indians and others are so dumb club then they should take memberships in the National Party of the UK.

Few are like that here being that extreme like you. The only one who reads Blogs and Wikipedia trying to pass it off as FACTs is indeed You . There are no Lies just your little mind in Denial . No place is perfect you just make your place out to be your own cabbage garden is that .

I am not upset with Britian one bit . Scotland Yes the ordinary people of Scotland no . The Bigots who go on about cultures they don't understand that who I don't like .

So what about Prediction Glasgow 2014 was very scared of 125,000 dollar training grant that upted their cheap in kind grant . They found a way to get around it awarding 50 Scholarships to 50 Developing commonwealth students. damm good way to buy the games basically . It was reported in your own newspapers . You don't get this do you ? I get and read everything that is published in regard to Glasgow , London , Vancouver, New Delhi and anyplace hosting anything. this is how I gain the knowledge . not fishing for Blogs to suit my taste .

Why would I care about Abuja winning ? Because it is time and actually it is well past time . I have been there . The youth of the Commonwealth should experience that and some recently did with an international invitational track meet.

Again you turn the topic into something else . considering you joined in what June 3rd ? yuo better get used to being told .

Jim Jones

WTF has that got to do with anything? I just pointed out a HUGE inconsistency between your posts last week and those this week and you give me physcho-babble about economics.

You don't see what I am saying here ? i will put it in a couple of Words so your can even understand . Success can present problems the more success you actually have the more problems you may also have.

So I read about the Infrastructure cost estimates for Brazil 2014 being 42 billion dollars . where exactly will the Uk come up with that type of money considering the top line in the Sand for London 2012 is set at 19 billion by the government ? Please dont tell me . I will guess

Brazil has not stadiums , they have no rail and it is a much bigger country . All valid but more valid in their economic growth and lack of debt . They can afford it by London 2012 admission you cant.

jim jones

yeah what ever rotten Teeth . Who cares about Gamebid forumers think really ? you think I care ? If it is just a mutual white people are great club and those Africans. South Americans , Indians and others are so dumb club then they should take memberships in the National Party of the UK.

Few are like that here being that extreme like you. The only one who reads Blogs and Wikipedia trying to pass it off as FACTs is indeed You . There are no Lies just your little mind in Denial . No place is perfect you just make your place out to be your own cabbage garden is that .

I am not upset with Britian one bit . Scotland Yes the ordinary people of Scotland no . The Bigots who go on about cultures they don't understand that who I don't like .

So what about Prediction Glasgow 2014 was very scared of 125,000 dollar training grant that upted their cheap in kind grant . They found a way to get around it awarding 50 Scholarships to 50 Developing commonwealth students. damm good way to buy the games basically . It was reported in your own newspapers . You don't get this do you ? I get and read everything that is published in regard to Glasgow , London , Vancouver, New Delhi and anyplace hosting anything. this is how I gain the knowledge . not fishing for Blogs to suit my taste .

Why would I care about Abuja winning ? Because it is time and actually it is well past time . I have been there . The youth of the Commonwealth should experience that and some recently did with an international invitational track meet.

Again you turn the topic into something else . considering you joined in what June 3rd ? yuo better get used to being told .

Jim Jones

Jim, you obviously care what Gamesbid members think as you spend a lot of time trying to convince people of your views - you have spent over 2 years trying to make people fall in love with your beloved Abuja. It hasn't worked.

Oh, please learn to spell - it is embarrassing how illiterate you are. You really should go on a diet as you are morbidly obese if you SSC photos are anything to go by. So Jim, put down the cake, drag yourself away from the computer and attempt to walk with your big flabby beer belly! A few forumers who knew you at SSC have a few funny names for how fat you are. :lol:

You are racist, prejudice, xenophobic by your own admission and you try and label anyone who critiques Nigeria racist. Weirdo.

G

L

A

S

G

O

W

Jim, you obviously care what Gamesbid members think as you spend a lot of time trying to convince people of your views - you have spent over 2 years trying to make people fall in love with your beloved Abuja. It hasn't worked.

Oh, please learn to spell - it is embarrassing how illiterate you are. You really should go on a diet as you are morbidly obese if you SSC photos are anything to go by. So Jim, put down the cake, drag yourself away from the computer and attempt to walk with your big flabby beer belly! A few forumers who knew you at SSC have a few funny names for how fat you are. :lol:

You are racist, prejudice, xenophobic by your own admission and you try and label anyone who critiques Nigeria racist. Weirdo.

G

L

A

S

G

O

W

Well i am so so retarded to start 3 trends on Abuja or any Trends for that Matter on Abuja . Like the venues that don't exist in planning stages nearly three years after the election in glasgow there is literally nothing to talk about . What Glasgow is producing renderings of houses they will start in 2011 ? WOW A non event . The Games are coming so go check with real engineers in London because you indeed may have to build a new stadium for Glasgow 2014 or have the games taken away to London most likely.

When did you post this 3 am in the morning ?

Jim jones

Well i am so so retarded to start 3 trends on Abuja or any Trends for that Matter on Abuja . Like the venues that don't exist in planning stages nearly three years after the election in glasgow there is literally nothing to talk about . What Glasgow is producing renderings of houses they will start in 2011 ? WOW A non event . The Games are coming so go check with real engineers in London because you indeed may have to build a new stadium for Glasgow 2014 or have the games taken away to London most likely.

When did you post this 3 am in the morning ?

Jim jones

Jim, it is called 'threads' and not trends as you keep banging on. Like I said, you are a bit stupid. But hey, you thought Usain Bolt's name was Asian Bolt, so I guess your lack of intelligence speaks for itself! :lol:

Jim, 2 people from over at Skyscrapercity who knew of you, kindly linked me to some of the photos you posted of yourself. I almost pissed myself at how funny you looked. You look like Jabba the hut. I can not take anything you say seriously as I will always have the enduring picture of what you look like in my head and you really are a big fatty. :lol:

Jim, you are a big morbid obese hippo - I mean, you have bigger titties than most woman. You sit and mock people yet you are illiterate, mentally unstable, racist, juvenile and evidently obsessed with me. Further, you are a big fatty who clearly stuffs his fat greedy face. :lol:

Can I ask a serious question - have you ever considered getting a gastric band? It would help you lose weight. No wonder the female species is repulsed by you. :lol:

You are a disgrace and an internet pest who illicit's worrisome behaviour for a grown up man.

Jim, it is called 'threads' and not trends as you keep banging on. Like I said, you are a bit stupid. But hey, you thought Usain Bolt's name was Asian Bolt, so I guess your lack of intelligence speaks for itself! :lol:

Jim, 2 people from over at Skyscrapercity who knew of you, kindly linked me to some of the photos you posted of yourself. I almost pissed myself at how funny you looked. You look like Jabba the hut. I can not take anything you say seriously as I will always have the enduring picture of what you look like in my head and you really are a big fatty. :lol:

Jim, you are a big morbid obese hippo - I mean, you have bigger titties than most woman. You sit and mock people yet you are illiterate, mentally unstable, racist, juvenile and evidently obsessed with me. Further, you are a big fatty who clearly stuffs his fat greedy face. :lol:

Can I ask a serious question - have you ever considered getting a gastric band? It would help you lose weight. No wonder the female species is repulsed by you. :lol:

You are a disgrace and an internet pest who illicit's worrisome behaviour for a grown up man.

so what indeed are you ? a child that goes running behind a block message box ?

Jim jones

Archived