Bid City Sites And Sounds

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is for all cities. I think the photos of Rio and Madrid look great, and I only posted Chicago photos because that is the city I am most familiar with.

Baron, just shut up, and try to find something else more meaningful than making stupid on a forum.

Have a nice day! :D

I like this topic. That skydeck of Chicago is very high. The photo is cool but i never put my foot in a place like this. I hate heights. :blink: . I think the same of sugar loaf mountain. I'm live in Rio but i never go in there. I apreciate it from the ground :lol:

This thread is for all cities. I think the photos of Rio and Madrid look great, and I only posted Chicago photos because that is the city I am most familiar with.

Baron, just shut up, and try to find something else more meaningful than making stupid on a forum.

Have a nice day! :D

What's wrong with calling for threads that are really peripheral and wasting the host server's bandwidth?

If anything, you have a blog...so why are you stupidly wasting someone else's bandwidth? And then you x3 other cities really makes it even more 'wasteful.'

But don't worry, I only stumbled on this thread...and I will not visit it again.

What's wrong with calling for threads that are really peripheral and wasting the host server's bandwidth?

If anything, you have a blog...so why are you stupidly wasting someone else's bandwidth? And then you x3 other cities really makes it even more 'wasteful.'

But don't worry, I only stumbled on this thread...and I will not visit it again.

Maybe your STUPID 20,000+ posts could cut down on the bandwidth as well. Anyway, I will not continue to waste my time with someone who obviously likes to spend his whole day on a forum complaining and acting like a jerk half the time.

We had better topics b4 nd discussing felt more constructive. Some of the members fanactism is scary, specially for RIO, we have more cities involved and it's tiring going over the same ones all the time. Posting pics and showig the beauty is cool but we seen alot of it already. Trying to prove "X" city is the prettiest it's an ignorant thought, cuz every city has a different beauty, and not all ppl in the world likes the beach! So.. W/e Prague is my fav.

^^^

That was not my intention (because Rio takes the cake for it's natural beauty). I personally have not seen a whole lot of pics from Madrid or Tokyo, and I think many are not too familiar with Chicago tourist spots.

Maybe your STUPID 20,000+ posts could cut down on the bandwidth as well. Anyway, I will not continue to waste my time with someone who obviously likes to spend his whole day on a forum complaining and acting like a jerk half the time.

Unlike you who spends HIS time on two fora and acts double the jerk. At least I only do it half the time. :lol:

Fool.

And thorb, u can keep posting all u want...but jumento, u r still on IGNORE...so I don't see your what I am sure are the most idiotic messages of the day. :P

Mete o dedo no cú e roda!

^^^

Big difference between you and I - On average I post 1.58 times a day. You on the other hand post 11.28 times a day.

I have said this before - my main reason for being on this forum is to learn and engage with others with the same interests in urban planning and the Olympics. I try to also be a good ambassador of the Chicago 2016 Olympic Bid.

...I really don't care how many times you post, just don't post stupid complaints about other people when you are one who fills this forum with postings as well! Who is really the hypocrite?

I will let you have the last word. I am done with this argument (if you can even call it that as it is extremely childish and stupid).

We had better topics b4 nd discussing felt more constructive. Some of the members fanactism is scary, specially for RIO, we have more cities involved and it's tiring going over the same ones all the time. Posting pics and showig the beauty is cool but we seen alot of it already. Trying to prove "X" city is the prettiest it's an ignorant thought, cuz every city has a different beauty, and not all ppl in the world likes the beach! So.. W/e Prague is my fav.

You guys succed in trashed this topic. If you think there's nothing to discuss here, why don't ignore this and go post in another topic? We all know that beauty don't make influence in this race, but were is the crime or sin in showing the beautiful Michigan Lake, the Guanabara's Bay or the historic Plaza Mayor in Madrid? Call the moderator to delete this evil topic.

In Rio:

One of the Seven Wonders of the World:

oglobo_online.jpg

2745326174_51e9c385df_b-1.jpg

The cable car in the Sugar Loaf Mountain:

RiodeJaneir.jpg

Hang-glider (very good):

2737436122_4e2c5e9b0a_o-2.jpg

Escalation in the Sugar Loaf:

140526327_3cb984de09_b-1.jpg

The beaches:

RIODEJANEIROpormarcelonacinovic.jpg

Flamengo Park:

rio_pormcavalcanti.jpg

City of Music - one of the greatest opera houses in the world -under construction

800px-Cidade_da_musica_city_of_musi.jpg

05_MHG_cidade-mC3BAsica.jpg

AquaRio - Aquarium of Rio - under construction

AquaRio_riodejaneiro.jpg

You do realize that images hosted on another host aren't coming through GamesBids.com and, therefore, are not wasting bandwidth on this board's host server? Images hosted on Flickr or Shuttlebug or wherever else are already accounting for images in their bandwidth and aren't a big concern to them. If you've been watching videos on Youtube or elsewhere, all of the videos on this thread would fit into the bandwidth for about a minute or less of video.

If you're not interested in reading the topic and don't find it interesting or worthwhile, you could avoid reading it or replying to it (this was just the first of several responses saying that you're no longer reading a topic you just stumbled on, by the way). I've not spent a whole lot of time in Madrid, Tokyo, or Rio and find it interesting to see some characteristic scenes of those other cities as well as a few different views of places I see at least a few times a week.

CHItown '16

I don't want to feed this dreadful discussion but I also found this topic very interesting.

I must say I'd never seen most of these places in Chicago and I'm positively surprised. Reminds me somehow of Vancouver but only someone who's been to both could confirm that or not.

Unfortunately Tokyo remains unseen.

Thanks for those who posted these nice photos.

If you don't like this thread, don't post. Simples. None of our bandwidth is being wasted, the photos are on Flickr, not on Gamesbids. And it's nice to see photos of cities I don't know very well.

I'm pretty sure I may have done the same during the 2012 race (though not as many; I didn't have as fast broadband back then).

More photos please, and from the other cities too...

:D

Well... here you have some other different pictures of Madrid. I have always liked its wonderful squares:

Santa Ana square (crowded during late afternoons and evenings, cool atmosphere)

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Plaza%20de%20Santa%20Ana.jpg

Paja square (in the middle of Latina district, full of people specially on weekends):

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Plaza%20de%20la%20Paja.jpg

You can also find very nice parks:

Retiro park (The Crystal Palace during winter):

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Palacio%20de%20Cristal.jpg

The Capricho gardens, located northeast Madrid

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/El%20Capricho.jpg

The Sabatini gardens, just below the Royal Palace

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Jardines%20de%20Sabatini.jpg

Then you have also Las Vistillas gardens, very visited at sunset as it faces west.

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Las%20Vistillas.jpg

The Casa de Campo, the biggest park of Madrid located west side of the city including the Amusement Park and the Zoo

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Casa%20de%20Campo.jpg

This is the Cuatro Torres Business Area. The round building (International Convention Center) is still not built and I'm still not sure if I love it or I hate it

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/CTBA.jpg

The tropical garden inside Atocha main railway station.

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Atocha.jpg

Lavapies district, very cosmopolitan located in the heart of the ancient city.

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Lavapi%E9s.jpg

That's the main entrance to the Almudena cemetery. I find it quite interesting

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Cementerio%20de%20la%20Almudena.JPG

Well... here you have some other different pictures of Madrid. I have always liked its wonderful squares:

Santa Ana square (crowded during late afternoons and evenings, cool atmosphere)

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Plaza%20de%20Santa%20Ana.jpg

Paja square (in the middle of Latina district, full of people specially on weekends):

file:///C:/Users/Sergi/Pictures/Destinos/Madrid/Plaza%20de%20la%20Paja.jpg

Looks like you're trying to make a direct paste from your own computer (since we can't identify whose computer is file:///C:/, we can't reach it from the Internet). Try putting the photos on Flickr or Shuttlebug or one of the other photo sharing site and linking to images there.

CHItown '16

Do we have Japanese on the forums?

TOKYO 2016 might be, not 100% sure, but he doesn't post often, and is more of "pics and PR" poster.

Apart from that, I don't think so. Stevie lives in Japan now but is a Kiwi, CherryBlossom, well, I know who that is. And I can't think of any other condenders. WE've never seemed to have any real Japanese reps.

I like the thread, but people can make some flickr page with all photos and then we see it there. Because, the gamesbids forum-based page is not good to view then.

Archived