Best Venues

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROWING - RIO had the best venue EVER in the world (Chicago a close second)

KAYAK - I like Chicago

CYCLING - Prob Chicago

FENCING - Tokyo

HOCKEY - Madrid

Problem with this game - the best render wins - not necessarily the best venue!

Does anyone have videos with a venue layout for Rio, Madrid and Tokyo? I saw a video that Tokyo did a while back, but it was just still fading off into the background, and didn't really give you much of a sense of the actual venue.

Problem with this game - the best render wins - not necessarily the best venue!

So based on venues, it's probably a wash....

so as I said, it'll then come down to:

- the ALL IMPORTANT distances between the major venues and the Village, the Media Vilage and the Int'l press Center

- geopolitical location and timing

- organizational experience

- finances;

- sporting legacy; and

- probably who has the most sincere, viable and attractive Paralympics plan.

If you want compare finances, security, experiences, legacy, etc... you can open a topic and compare it. I know that COI's decission will be based on many factors. This topic is for GB members discuss about best venues for them, no for elect what city will host SOG 2016.

This first arena is the "HSCB Arena" was designed as an arena of the NBA in the U.S.A. is very beautiful. Certainly one of the most modern in the world.

Rio takes the cake for soccer - you cannot beat Maracanã...

I love the interior of the new Soldier Field though.

The interior, only? He is FANTASTIC.

If you want compare finances, security, experiences, legacy, etc... you can open a topic and compare it. I know that COI's decission will be based on many factors. This topic is for GB members discuss about best venues for them, no for elect what city will host SOG 2016.

Oh please. I can say anything relevant to thistopic even if it's tangential.

Where does ti say that we can only comment on the renderings...which you are doing a good job of posting... but I am taking the discussion one step further. Capisce?

Rio takes the cake for soccer - you cannot beat Maracanã...

I don't know, the Bernabeu is possibly my favourite out of the four; though of course the atmosphere the Brazilians can create is fantastic.

Soccer - It doesn't idiot to say the Rio has the best venue among the four. After all, the Maracanã is a world away nut I do like the new Solider Field.

Hockey - This is one the Madrid venue I like the most by a longshot. Tokyo & Rio are too boring

Rowing - It is often said Rio's harbour is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the Worlds. However, I am not impressed by the angle it is heading towards. I prefer Chicago's with the skyline.

Cycling - I'd Tokyo has the best, just for being remote.

I don't like the Olympic stadium of Madrid.

Well, the best arenas of Rio are the Olympic Stadium, HSBC Arena (for gymnastics) and the Maracanãzinho Arena (Maracanã in a miniature, for the volleyball).

The Olympic Stadium of Rio is to much small and is very far from the other olympic areas of the city. Furthermore the architecture is very similar to other stadiums like Da Luz (Lisbonne).

De Madrid al Cielo

Rowing - It is often said Rio's harbour is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the Worlds. However, I am not impressed by the angle it is heading towards. I prefer Chicago's with the skyline.

Rio's rowing venue will be Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, shown in that picture. The harbour will host the sailing competitions.

Chateau remind me the Leipzig rowing venue?

The concept was amazing.

The bassin crossed the Olympic Park, dividing it in two.

One side with the Shooting Centre, the Velodrome and the Olympic Stadium

The other side with five others venues including the Swimming Stadium.

Five bridges crossed the Rowing track.

So, it means for a spectator who exited the Cycling event to go for exemple to a Football game, he had the chance to walk on a bridge over the boats racing.

Archived