Best Venues

The concept was amazing.

The bassin crossed the Olympic Park, dividing it in two.

One side with the Shooting Centre, the Velodrome and the Olympic Stadium

The other side with five others venues including the Swimming Stadium.

Five bridges crossed the Rowing track.

So, it means for a spectator who exited the Cycling event to go for exemple to a Football game, he had the chance to walk on a bridge over the boats racing.

WOW! Anybody got any pictures or renders or even maps - I'd love to see them!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Olympic Stadium of Rio is to much small and is very far from the other olympic areas of the city. Furthermore the architecture is very similar to other stadiums like Da Luz (Lisbonne).

De Madrid al Cielo

Well, small? The project of the expansion is for 60.000 people. And the venue for the opening ceremony is the Maracanã Stadium (86.000 people). I think that is enough, no?

And, friend, the design of the "Estádio da Luz" in Portugal, is after to the project of the Olympic Stadium of Rio. The project of the João Havelange Stadium (or Engenhão Stadium or Olympic Stadium of Rio) is original.

Aerial photo of the Olympic Stadium of Rio:

olympic_stadium_2016_rio_por_pedro_.jpg

Bleachers :

claudiolara-1.jpg

One of the places for the expansion of the stadium:

OlympicStadiumRio_por_leandro_morei.jpg

WOW! Anybody got any pictures or renders or even maps - I'd love to see them!

I have the picture on paper.

(I printed and keep religiously a copy of each Bid Book)

I will try to scan the page and post it here.

Give me some times because I'm not an expert with computer.

Andi if somebody else also kept the Leipzig Bid Book and is more familiar than me with the way to post it, feel free to do it.

(The plan of the Olympic Park is on page 30)

Sorry Caue but you are laying!

Joa Havelange Stadium (Rio de Janeiro) was inaugurated at 30 of June of 2007 and Da Luz Stadium (Lisbonne) was inaugurated at 25 of October of 2003. It is very easy for everyone, the Eurocup 2004 was in Portugal and they built a new stadium for Benfica FC and the Panamerican Games in Rio was in 2007, not before. So the "original" design is portoguese and the stadium of Rio is a COPY.

Saludos!

Sorry Caue but you are laying!

Joa Havelange Stadium (Rio de Janeiro) was inaugurated at 30 of June of 2007 and Da Luz Stadium (Lisbonne) was inaugurated at 25 of October of 2003. It is very easy for everyone, the Eurocup 2004 was in Portugal and they built a new stadium for Benfica FC and the Panamerican Games in Rio was in 2007, not before. So the "original" design is portoguese and the stadium of Rio is a COPY.

Saludos!

Joa Havelange Stadium was inaugurated at 30 of June of 2007 and Da Luz Stadium was inaugurated at 25 of October of 2003. Yes, of course. And?

You speak of inauguration, not the date of project.

The project of Olympic Stadium of Rio is of 1995, for de the Rio's bid 2004, but Rio was defeated and the project was for the Rio 2007 PanAmGames.

Sporting Clube de Portugal Forums (in portuguese):

"... Sobre o projeto Concebido em 1995 para a candidatura do Rio às Olimpíadas 2004, a construção do estádio previa originalmente a execução em concreto convencional, moldado in loco. O projeto foi engavetado, mas, com a escolha do Rio como cidade-sede dos Jogos Pan-americanos, retomaram-se as antigas premissas..."

"O projeto arquitetônico é dos arquitetos Gilson Santos e Carlos Porto. A plasticidade tem seu ponto alto nos quatro arcos que sustentam a cobertura das arquibancadas. Houve vários comentários, inicialmente, sobre a similaridade com o Estádio da Luz, em Portugal. Mas, segundo participantes da obra, o projeto original de Carlos Porto é anterior ao Estádio da Luz. A fonte de inspiração foi realmente outro estádio. Mas cujo projeto não chegou a ser executado"

http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?topic=6785.0

Wikipédia:

"O Engenhão também apresenta quatro arcos em sua parte superior, remetendo grande semelhança ao Estádio da Luz, onde foi disputada a final da Eurocopa 2004, em Lisboa, mas cujo projeto é posterior ao do palco carioca"

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A1dio_..._note-projeto-3

The Olympic Stadium of Rio is original, sorry :D

SALUDOS!

To most people it doesn't matter about when the project was designed. Its what was built first that is important. We can all design something on paper - but seeing it in the ground is when people sit up and take notice.

Please stop with the lay! So Rio needs 12 years to built the venues, please since 1995 until 2007 when the stadium was inagurated the first idea about the stadium changed several times :lol: The concept of the Rio Stadium is boring a older. The two stadiums are similars, but... sorry Joa Havelange is smaller!!!

RIO

estadio_olimpico_joao_havelange_g.jpg

LISBONEE

estadio-da-luz.jpg

To most people it doesn't matter about when the project was designed.

It's not what most people think that makes a project original or copy, right? ;) In fact, most people are completely clueless about these sports topics and don't even discuss things like olympic bids, so their opinion doesn't really count.

Please stop with the lay! So Rio needs 12 years to built the venues, please since 1995 until 2007 when the stadium was inagurated the first idea about the stadium changed several times laugh.gif The concept of the Rio Stadium is boring a older. The two stadiums are similars, but... sorry Joa Havelange is smaller!!!

If you read correctly, João Havelange Stadium was designed for Rio 2004 project. The stadium design was shelved and proposed later for the 2007 Pan Ams. And that's it. There was no copy of the stadium in Lisbon. And the JH stadium was built between 2003 and 2007. About it being smaller, Rio de Janeiro doesn't really need another stadium largest than (or even the same size) Maracanã. João Havelange has the perfect size for the city.

Freud has theories about this fascination with the size size, eh? :rolleyes:

Now let's stop bitching and enjoy the renders!!

Here is a venue layout map I created to give you all an idea of Chicago's plan. I actually don't like how Chi2016's website uses Google maps.

The only venues not listed are Equestrian, Modern Pentathlon, Shooting, Road Cycling and Mountain Biking - all of which would take place outside the city.

The Olympic Stadium and Aquatics are 12 minutes south of the Olympic Village. Let me know if you have any questions.

2016-venue-layout.jpg

Please stop with the lay! So Rio needs 12 years to built the venues, please since 1995 until 2007 when the stadium was inagurated the first idea about the stadium changed several times :lol: The concept of the Rio Stadium is boring a older. The two stadiums are similars, but... sorry Joa Havelange is smaller!!!

Friend, you are blind or stupid?

I said: The PROJECT (PROJECT, DESIGN) is of 1995. The members of the Forum of "Sporting Clube de Portugal" admit it. I posted the link for you. The design of Egenhão was done first.

:)

Saludos!

Here is a venue layout map I created to give you all an idea of Chicago's plan. I actually don't like how Chi2016's website uses Google maps.

The only venues not listed are Equestrian, Modern Pentathlon, Shooting, Road Cycling and Mountain Biking - all of which would take place outside the city.

The Olympic Stadium and Aquatics are 12 minutes south of the Olympic Village. Let me know if you have any questions.

2016-venue-layout.jpg

Cool. Create one for Cape Town too!

Cape Town, Leipzig and Toronto proposed the rowing course to run through the main Olympic park/cluster.

Any other bids? Was Cape Town the first? Probably not

Not really through it, but New York City 2012 did have the rowing course at the biggest Olympic site at Flushing Meadows. Best pic I could find without looking through the bid book:

041123olympics_5sm.jpg

The venue for de rowing in Rio, between sea and mountain. In the foot of the Corcovado Mountain (mountain of Christ the Redeemer Statue):

lagoon2016.jpg

Sorry.

"The venue for the rowing..." :lol:

English "by Joel Santana" (the Brazilian coach of the soccer team of South Africa)...

Archived