That, for me, is one of the most fascinating aspects of this whole business. I share Illustrado's opinion (and actually prefer the Paralympic closing, despite not being Coldplay's biggest fan), but very large numbers of people agree with the Baron. There are obviously some wildly different ways of thinking here.

i for one think the para closding was one big disappointing coldplay concert. closing has always been one big letdown for me

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it will be the most boring opening ceremony after atlanta :S

Fly over for a visit. There were some wonderful moments, but also quite a few disorganized looking head-scratchers. It wasn't terrible, but I have yet to speak to anyone on this side of the pond who

I will always see Beijings as a celebration that the Chinese beat their drums to the same beat and Londons a celebration that we each beat our drums to very different beats. Im certainly not trying

All that's really happening here is that you loved London's OC and I thought it was very disappointing.

No. What's happening is that I've tried to analyse what really happened, good or bad. Sometimes discussions help me to refine my thinking (for example, my realisation that the spatial limitation of the TV screen may seriously limit the ways multiple locations with concurrent action can be portrayed).

• 1 month later...

Opening Ceremony outfit on ebay:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/2x-Official-London-2012-Olympics-Games-Opening-Ceremony-Complete-Custome-Outfit-/161147114039?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item25851dd237&_uhb=1

This FANTASTIC auction is for 2 complete customes.

CUSTOME 1: Worn for the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony at the Olympic park in Stratford, London on the night of 27th July '12.

CUSTOME 2: Worn during the rehearsals

CUSTOME 1 includes:

-worn by an Olympic volunteer for the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony-

-1 x pair of Troussers. Colour Navy. Size 32.

-1 x Shirt. Colour Cream. Size shown "S" BUT fits MEDIUM

-1 x Waistcoat. Colour Dark Brown. Size 38

-1 x Belt. Colour Brown. 43 inches long

1 x Cap. Colour Brown. Size Small

1 x pair Black Leather Gloves. Size Medium (8.5)

plus CUSTOME 2 includes:

(Worn during the rehearsals)

-Green Overall.

Long Inside Leg. 2 side pockets. Size Medium.

Full back elasticated waistband

-NOTE: ONE green button is missing. Lost during the rehearsals.

Customes has not been washed to maintain its full authenticity..

ALSO INCLUDED:

-1x Pair of skin coloured earphones used for our in ear monitors through which we were given directions for the performance.

-1 Ceremonies BID colour blue with the number on it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That book is exceedingly classy; proper old-fashioned craft binding, presumably deliberately aged.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i am. i trying downloading the other reader link but it does not comply with adobe. what should i use to read it

On investigation, it turns out that Adobe have a separate piece of software for use with e-reader formats such as epub. It's called Adobe Digital Editions, and, like Acrobat, the reader is a free download. Follow the download link from:

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions

Alternatively, because epub is an open format, there are all sorts of other freeware options for reading it, including browser add-ons.

Ah yes, the one that was scheduled for publication at the worst possible time. As it's about a Pandemonium volunteer, it should dovetail nicely with Russell Moon's much earlier book about his experiences as a Green & Pleasant volunteer.

Ah yes, the one that was scheduled for publication at the worst possible time. As it's about a Pandemonium volunteer, it should dovetail nicely with Russell Moon's much earlier book about his experiences as a Green & Pleasant volunteer.

Extracts from the book:

http://makingpandemonium.co.uk/makepan/index.php/extracts-from-the-book

I've ordered the book but the delivery is going to take some weeks. (Russell Moon's book is indeed a good read)

Extracts from the book:

http://makingpandemonium.co.uk/makepan/index.php/extracts-from-the-book

I've ordered the book but the delivery is going to take some weeks. (Russell Moon's book is indeed a good read)

I cheated and got the ebook, direct from the publishers: http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=2498

Wow, it's detailed! I'm nowhere near finished yet, but Nadeem gives a very clear picture of his experiences (both as an OC performer and, slightly backgrounded, as a games maker) including a sense of the massive underlying organisation / bureaucracy.

There are some nice colour pictures (in a separate section, rather than scattered), but it's mostly Nadeem's words, with occasional copies of official emails.

• Like 1

Its 2014 - the Opening Ceremony was 18 months ago now, and it is still being discussed! C'mon guys, lay off.. it wasn't THAT bad. ;)

It may be a sign of the way things will go in the future. The newly-published performer's book we've been nattering about over the past couple of days is just the latest example of a huge outpouring of information, from videos to blogs and beyond, which was unimagineable even a few years ago.