Opening Ceremony

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised this has been revealed because it would be pretty hard to hide during construction of the set. What happens next is far, far more exciting.

I have a feeling this pasture green scene is just a taster of even more amazing and breathtaking segment to come. Remember from all previous ceremonies, nobody ever said the best segment is the opening segment! All we heard so far is quite historical representation of Britain. There's the NHS and I definitely like to see a segment of modern, current day Britain, something contemporary. :) Danny Boyle should get a knighthood for this!

More about the mosh pit:

Among the other features will be two mosh-pits - one representing the Glastonbury festival and another the Last Night of the Proms - filled with members of the public.Tickets for these positions are yet to be allocated, with organisers still to decide how to distribute them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18392025

Anyone can figure what tree is that? And what are those four tall flowers tree thing? Looks like national flowers to me, rose, daffodils, thistle and not sure about the other one. So its really the four countries in britain

the home nations will be represented by Maypoles topped with a thistle, a leek, a rose and flax.

Also

Asked about timings for the ceremony, Boyle said the music will be used to help dictate the pace of athletes parading around the stadium

Hopefully it will be some fast paced powerful music.

I think the stage will change and become what is London today with skyscrapers and city life.

Boyle said about Stratford regeneration, I think they will represent the old and abandoned industry and how the olympic games change this London's area.

Been reading this forum and I have got a theory about the Paul Mccartney bit now. How about if he was used to represent the Glastonbury 'mosh pit' section? He could sing a short song in front of the mosh pit to represent Glastonbury being in the countryside surrounded by fields and animals, which it is!

Just a theory but suppose it could fit in and work well, although I suppose didnt he say he was closing the opening ceremony? Maybe he meant the opening segment. Ok totally guessing now, ha.

Wow, wonder if its a real tree or fake?

And it really made me wonder how are they going to have the scenery and landscape built to such detail and then still be able to remove them easily for the transformation? It's like taking the whole village and earthwork apart in what, 10 minutes?? Can't wait to see how they do it!

68g76b.jpg

Wow, wonder if its a real tree or fake?

And it really made me wonder how are they going to have the scenery and landscape built to such detail and then still be able to remove them easily for the transformation? It's like taking the whole village and earthwork apart in what, 10 minutes?? Can't wait to see how they do it!

68g76b.jpg

That's what we are rehearsing at the moment - everything is real: plants - flowers - grass etc. this is the most ambitious ceremony ever and the transformation segment is epic! Be prepared to be stunned! Liked what Danny Boyle says about us volunteers - he's there every rehearsal and I was chatting to him on Sunday - suggested that we all go round to his house in Mil end after the ceremony for a party!! He is a true gent & a genius!

God I have been desperate to talk about the set - so there you go - slight nod to Athens (water & the Paralympic OC with the tree).

I love the idea of the mosh pit and the posh pit competing to make the most noise. he he.

As for Danny Boyle he really does seem to appreciate the work you lot are putting in. Just the fact he's happy to stand and chat rather than keeping his distance and directing it all from a far.

It said that the two mosh pits will be made up of young people from the public. Wonder if they are going to be there throughout the ceremony or just the opening segment?

This is all getting a bit too much! Can take no more of these excitement haha :P

The tree is a oak? Certainly means strenght, long life, source of inspiration...

Do you think this tree could turn in the cauldron?

Just wiki-ed, so oak tree is the national tree of England. That makes sense :)

Just wiki-ed, so oak tree is the national tree of England. That makes sense :)

Ups...sorry about that..i didn't know... :ph34r:

But i do love oaks, cork trees (National tree of Portugal) and all of kind of trees...

Green and pleasant land.... Jerusalem!

And don't forget the clouded hills.

The tree is a oak? Certainly means strenght, long life, source of inspiration...

Do you think this tree could turn in the cauldron?

That goes exactly like my Consumable Cauldron idea!

I'll be honest...my very first reaction was negative. But as I read more about the story and the idea, WOW! This is so different than anything before or what I expected. Like Britain in a bottle.

And for the first time since 1988, we're getting an opening ceremony with a grass covered stadium floor. ;)

So many questions now pop into head. Only 40some days to go!

Archived