1st round vote

It's amazing to see how the 1st round votes stacked up.

(Moscow - 15)

New York - 19

Madrid    - 20;

Paris      - 21

London   - 22

There's almost a perfect symmetry to the 4 Western cities.  I think this indicates the 5 basic "blocs," if one might call it that, that comprise the IOC membership.  And I don't think any of the previous votes have lined up this way.   And after this, the voting went its own crazy way.

En clair, s'assurer que le trente membres du CIO qui ont assuré qu'ils voteront pour vous le feront bien et ne pas découvrir à l'issue du premier tour que neuf ont déjà fait défection.

Liberation

The French seem very mad because 30 IOC members said they would vote for Paris in round 1, and we can see that 9 of them chose to support another city. No one should trust anyone in the IOC.

En clair, s'assurer que le trente membres du CIO qui ont assuré qu'ils voteront pour vous le feront bien et ne pas découvrir à l'issue du premier tour que neuf ont déjà fait défection.

Liberation

The French seem very mad because 30 IOC members said they would vote for Paris in round 1, and we can see that 9 of them chose to support another city. No one should trust anyone in the IOC.

Maybe they felt that the Paris presentation was a let-down and they liked what London had to say. It seems that many IOC voters felt that way.

I'm surprised that London led Paris in every round. Though I hoped/thought-it-was-possible that London could do it, I really expected Paris to start off with a stronger bloc of votes and for London to slowly have to make that up as the rest were eliminated.

One vote each shaved off of the top four and given to Moscow could have changed this race...

New York - 18 (eliminated)

Madrid    - 19

Moscow - 19

Paris      - 20

London   - 21

With Moscow on the second ballot, NYC's votes could have split very differently, although most of them in fact seemed to go to Madrid.

It was in fact just too close to call off that first ballot.  Every vote did count because neither Paris or London were a total runaway hit on the first ballot.

Archived