What "new" region will be first to get the games?

As much as I would love to see Dubai - and they easily have everything in place to host 2012 if necesary - I dont think the IOC will be highly impressed due to one major factor -

Israeli citizens are barred from entering the UAE under any circumstances.

The women issue is a non event - they'll stage the swimming indoors (obviously) and the Beach Volleyball would be held in the resort areas where women are free to wear the skimpiest of bikinis.  

The Israeli issue will be the tester - as I can see the UAE allowing in athletes, but Israeli spectators may still be barred.

Otherwise they could make a flawless proposal to host.

IMO I think that South America will be the next new frontier for the games Summer and Winter.

Originally I thought that africa would be with South Africa winning 2020, but watching the southern end of that continent slowly fall apart as "white" stability is eroded, my views have changed.

It's a question if it will be Santiago, Rio, or B.A. that will front up first.

IMO I think that South America will be the next new frontier for the games Summer and Winter.

Originally I thought that africa would be with South Africa winning 2020, but watching the southern end of that continent slowly fall apart as "white" stability is eroded, my views have changed.

It's a question if it will be Santiago, Rio, or B.A. that will front up first.

It will be interesting to know, if the NZOC is actually going to bid OFFICIALLY for the Winter Olympics for the first time.

Archived