What an historic result. Germany wins for the very first time the European U21 title. And for the next 3 weeks the DFB holds ALL junior titles (on the mens side). No other nation has ever achieved that.

But with the new FIFA rule, I fear we will lose some of the players. Özil can play for Turkey, Beck for Russia, Castro for Spain, Boateng for Ghana,...

So maybe we dont have any advantage from this win.

Yea, the games were on a sports network here. It was great. It was great football, especially the two England-Germany games and the Sweden-England game.

Goethe I don't think your fears are that founded, those 4 players and Never will be the foundation for Germany in the years to come, especially Oliz, he is Germany's Zidane right now, he has the skill, creativity and power to be a great German midfielder.

I think FIFA needs to adopt either: where you are born is where you are play: unless you move while under the age of ten or once you have played for your nation at any level in international play that is your nation for life. Ice hockey uses this rule.

Archived