How Many Of You Have Been To At Least On Of The Bidding Cities?

I of course have been to Chicago, but have never been to Madrid, Rio or Tokyo.

What about you?

I went To Madrid, Tokyo and Rio... but never in Chicago !

I feel under travelled. Last time I had been to 3/5. This time 0!

Well, but last time there were three big shots, namely NYC, Paris and London.

Now the candidates are a little bit less "obvious", let me put it this way.

I have been to two only, Madrid and Rio. Although I've been to the US, never visited Chicago. As for Tokyo, never been even close.

Perhaps, Tokyo would seem more interesting to me because it'd be a different culture. But still, I feel the timing is favouring the South American bid.

I have been lucky enough to travel to two of the cities - Chicago and Rio. I've visited Chicago a number of times for work and pleasure and always had a great time. I spent 2 weeks in Rio last November/December and will be going for 2 weeks again this year but spending less time in Rio and more time in other parts of Brazil. Rio is a beautiful city with the beaches and mountains forming the backdrop of the city so its natural beauty surpasses the others. Chicago is in my opinion the more organized city that offers the IOC a safe and reliable host for the Games.

Having said that though, I fell in love with Rio while there and am sure the world would as well if the Games are held there in 2016!

Been to Rio and never thru the airport Ironically. I was there on a Sunday December of 2005 in the port district that is now being transformed in advance of the bid award. Probably some of the most wanting docks for redevelopment for Cruise Ships I have seen out side of San Francisco which is pretty bad.

Jim Jones

Or maybe sooner than you realize ;)

You can't before October 2...

Answering the thread question: I'm carioca, lived in Rio most part of my life.

I've been in USA, but not in Chicago (unfortunatelly). Madrid and Tokyo (Wanna go in future)

Family is from Chicago, so been there quite a few times over the years. Nothing quite like walking down Lake Shore Drive or taking in a dog and a game at Wrigley Field.

Yes, I'll admit to being very prejudiced for Chicago, but I really think they can pull off a great Games on a compact bid. Simple as that.

For me,

Rio

Chicago

Tokyo

...and Madrid.

Congratulation, you are the first to have visited all the bidding cities...

Archived