Man Utd Accept Record Bid For Cristiano Ronaldo

I think this is a phenomenal result for Manchester United rather than Real Madrid - they've sold Cristiano Ronaldo for a huge amount and still have other players capable of replacing him.

Yep; great deal for United. And every true football fan outside of the white half of Madrid will hope Real will fail miserably next season and Barcelona will outshine them once again. £136m on two players is...well, I don't know which word to use.

Yep; great deal for United. And every true football fan outside of the white half of Madrid will hope Real will fail miserably next season and Barcelona will outshine them once again. £136m on two players is...well, I don't know which word to use.

This is really crazy.

Where does Real Madrid get all this money? Who knows.

I know that in Spain the disoccupation rate is over 18% and the whole country's economic situation is very bad.

..And every true football fan outside of the white half of Madrid will hope Real will fail miserably next season..

My hope too. Ronaldo+Real and all that cash it's just.. I don't know.. bleah!

I hadn't thought about this till I read it elsewhere, but this could be the best thing to happen to England before the world cup next year. Rooney will play a full season as a striker rather than dropping off on the left. He'll be the player the Man Utd is moulded around, rather than him having to play an unnatural, deeper role to get the best from Ronaldo. That can only be good for his England form which, actually, has been pretty damn good despite his role at Utd.

So bye, bye Ronaldo. Don't trip over on your way out...

...and outside Chile. Now that Pellegrini is the new manager, there is some kind of Madrid-fever everywhere...

Anyway, I agree with your last sentence... It's totally incomprehensible to spend such amount of money just for two players... especially when it isn't the best times of the Spanish economy...

Wenger is very good and better than Ferguson (although he's not as flawless as some sports journalists make him out to be). But saying his record's not that impressive because Wenger's is better isn't a great argument.

That's not what I'm arguing. My point is that, whether you compare his record to Wenger's or anyone else's, Ferguson's record on signings is not that great and he does have a tendency towards the expensive flop.

Archived