Men's Hockey Team

Fans from Canada are talking about who will represent our team at the upcoming games. Everybody is bracing with excitement as Steve Yzerman will announce the roster at any time. It is up to him to choose our finest players in the NHL. It could be Simon Gagne or Dany Heatley. Maybe it could even be Sidney Crosby. I don't know when they will anounce it, but I heard that they will unveil their new uniforms. They will later set up camp as soon as it will be finalize. Their first game will play against Norway at 7:30pm Eastern Standard Time at GM place.

Fans from Canada are talking about who will represent our team at the upcoming games. Everybody is bracing with excitement as Steve Yzerman will announce the roster at any time. It is up to him to choose our finest players in the NHL. It could be Simon Gagne or Dany Heatley. Maybe it could even be Sidney Crosby. I don't know when they will anounce it, but I heard that they will unveil their new uniforms. They will later set up camp as soon as it will be finalize. Their first game will play against Norway at 7:30pm Eastern Standard Time at GM place.

The coach will be named sometime this month, most certainly not until the NHL playoffs are over. The August development camp roster will be named on or around July 1st [Link].

The final roster announcement, ie the 23 players chosen, won't occur until well into the '09-'10 NHL season, most likely around November-December.

• 3 weeks later...

Canada Hockey names Mike Babcock new coach for the Men's Hockey Team. Also names Ken Hitchcock, Randy Ruff, and Jacques Lemaire assistant coaches.

They better not screw-up like they did in Torino. :blink:

I don't think I would mind it if we finished twelfth in men's Hockey... I do like Hockey, but I hate that Canadians act like its the only sport that exists. We could win 85 golds and finish second in men's Hockey and some peoples would call the Olympics a failure. Thats the kind of attitude that prevents Canada from being a better sports nation...

I don't think I would mind it if we finished twelfth in men's Hockey... I do like Hockey, but I hate that Canadians act like its the only sport that exists. We could win 85 golds and finish second in men's Hockey and some peoples would call the Olympics a failure. Thats the kind of attitude that prevents Canada from being a better sports nation...

Every country has that one sport, ours is Hockey, with many European countries its football. You ask any German what they would rather have 40 medals at the WOG or a World Cup, every one would say the World Cup.

Men's Canada's Hockey team has unveiled its roster of 46 players for who have been invited. They will be in camp on August 24 to 27 at Pengrowth (formerly Olympic) Saddledome. Stay tuned for more on Men's Hockey Team.

Men's Canada's Hockey team has unveiled its roster of 46 players for who have been invited. They will be in camp on August 24 to 27 at Pengrowth (formerly Olympic) Saddledome. Stay tuned for more on Men's Hockey Team.

I allready posted the list of the 46 players invited in an other thread few days ago

Here's the link : (go to post #2)

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14395

• 5 months later...

CTV has coverage plans for announcing the Men's Canadian Ice Hockey roster on December 30 at noon (Eastern Standard Time).

For more information go to http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/news...ey+announcement

Team Sweden

Goalkeepers: Jonas Gustavsson (Toronto Maple Leafs), Stefan Liv (HV71), Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers).

Defenders: Tobias Enstrom (Atlanta Thrashers), Magnus Johansson (Linkopings HC), Niklas Kronwall (Detroit Red Wings), Nicklas Lidstrom (Detroit Red Wings), Douglas Murray (San Jose Sharks), Johnny Oduya (New Jersey Devils), Henrik Tallinder (Buffalo Sabres), Mattias Ohlund (Tampa Bay Lightning).

Forwards: Daniel Alfredsson (Ottawa Senators), Nicklas Backstrom (Washington Capitals), Loui Eriksson (Dallas Stars), Peter Forsberg (Modo Hockey), Tomas Holmstrom (Detroit Red Wings), Patric Hornqvist (Nashville Predators), Fredrik Modin (Columbus Blue Jackets), Samuel Pahlsson (Columbus Blue Jackets), Daniel Sedin (Vancouver Canucks), Henrik Sedin (Vancouver Canucks) Mattias Weinhandl (Dynamo Moskva), Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit Red Wings).

Team USA

The American roster:

Goalies

Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings

Tim Thomas, Boston Bruins

Defensemen

Erik Johnson, St. Louis Blues

Jack Johnson, Los Angeles Kings

Mike Komisarek, Toronto Maple Leafs

Paul Martin, New Jersey Devils

Brooks Orpik, Pittsburgh Penguins

Brian Rafalski, Detroit Red Wings

Ryan Suter, Nashville Predators

Forwards

David Backes, St. Louis Blues

Dustin Brown, Los Angeles Kings

Ryan Callahan, New York Rangers

Chris Drury, New York Rangers

Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks

Ryan Kesler, Vancouver Canucks

Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs

Jamie Langenbrunner, New Jersey Devils

Ryan Malone, Tampa Bay Lightning

Zach Parise, New Jersey Devils

Joe Pavelski, San Jose Sharks

Bobby Ryan, Anaheim Ducks

Paul Stastny, Colorado Avalanche

Well, the Americans have the hottest goal-tending trio right now, and in a tournament that is enough to give yourself a good chance to get the gold. I am a bit surprised at how young the team is overall, tough.

Team Canada (i imported the list from the other thread).

Forwards

Patrice Bergeron, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Que. (Boston Bruins)

Sidney Crosby, Cole Harbour, N.S. (Pittsburgh Penguins) Alternate captain

Ryan Getzlaf, Regina, Sask. (Anaheim Ducks)

Dany Heatley, Calgary, Alta. (San Jose Sharks)

Jarome Iginla, St. Albert, Alta. (Calgary Flames) Alternate captain

Patrick Marleau, Aneroid Sask. (San Jose Sharks)

Brenden Morrow, Carlyle, Sask. (Dallas Stars)

Rick Nash, Brampton, Ont. (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Mike Richards, Kenora, Ont. (Philadelphia Flyers)

Corey Perry, Peterborough, Ont. (Anaheim Ducks)

Eric Staal, Thunder Bay, Ont. (Carolina Hurricanes)

Joe Thornton, St. Thomas, Ont. (San Jose Sharks)

Jonathan Toews, Winnipeg, Man. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Defense

Dan Boyle, Ottawa, Ont. (San Jose Sharks)

Drew Doughty, Ottawa, Ont. (LA Kings)

Duncan Keith, Penticton, B.C. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Scott Niedermayer, Cranbrook, B.C. (Anaheim Ducks) - Captain

Chris Pronger, Dryden, Ont. (Philadelphia Flyers) - Alternate captain

Brent Seabrook, Tsawwassen, B.C. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Shea Weber, Sicamous, B.C. (Nashville Predators)

Goalies

Roberto Luongo, Montreal, Que. (Vancouver Canucks)

Martin Brodeur, Montreal, Que. (New Jersey Devils)

Marc-Andre Fleury, Sorel, Que. (Pittsburgh Penguins)

All of Team Canada's goalies are from Quebec.

Well, the Americans have the hottest goal-tending trio right now, and in a tournament that is enough to give yourself a good chance to get the gold. I am a bit surprised at how young the team is overall, tough.

Not really, the average GAA and SP are comparable (0.04 GAA difference in favour of Canada, 0.003 SP difference in favour of USA)

Didn't feel like doing the others, but I am pretty sure the Finns have the statistically best goal tending trio.