2016- where?

Going on past cycles, the IOC will probably call for expressions of interest after the 2014 vote next year, have a cut off for applications early 2008 and later that year cut that down to a short list (if necessary).

The only real thing we know is that the winner will be announced at the Copenhagen Congress in 2009.

cool, thanks...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going on past cycles, the IOC will probably call for expressions of interest after the 2014 vote next year, have a cut off for applications early 2008 and later that year cut that down to a short list (if necessary).

The only real thing we know is that the winner will be announced at the Copenhagen Congress in 2009.

I've heard that the final decission will be made in October 2009. Is that right? :oo:  :help:

BRAZIL 2016!

São Paulo, Rio...

I think it would be more sensible for Rio to be Brazil's applicant city for 2016.

Especially if Tokyo is bidding, and an American city is potentially in the running.

It seems silly to me if Sao Paolo is chosen ahead of Rio.

I think it'll be Chicago in 2016. NYC first attempt was received very unenthuiastically by New Yorkers. When New York failed for the 2012 games, people just went about their business a few days afterwards. The people and citizens of Chicago are avid sports fans, among the best in the world, and they overwhelmingly support the mayor's attempt to bring the games to Chicago. There would be a huge emotional letdown if Chicago lost the games of 2016. Chicago will be the USOC's bid for 2016.

I think it'll be Chicago in 2016. NYC first attempt was received very unenthuiastically by New Yorkers. When New York failed for the 2012 games, people just went about their business a few days afterwards. The people and citizens of Chicago are avid sports fans, among the best in the world, and they overwhelmingly support the mayor's attempt to bring the games to Chicago. There would be a huge emotional letdown if Chicago lost the games of 2016. Chicago will be the USOC's bid for 2016.

uh-huh.  whatever u say, boss.   :rolleyes:

I've heard that the final decission will be made in October 2009. Is that right? :oo:  :help:

Singapore 2005 was late in the year as far as i remember, so october in 2009 sound like a fair bet. I do however hope they would do it a bit before. Late august would be perfect, as they will hopefully get the city from its best side. And eventhough most of the activeties are held inside, let me tell you that Copenhagen in October, can be a very depressing place...

Singapore 2005 was late in the year as far as i remember, so october in 2009 sound like a fair bet. I do however hope they would do it a bit before. Late august would be perfect, as they will hopefully get the city from its best side. And eventhough most of the activeties are held inside, let me tell you that Copenhagen in October, can be a very depressing place...

It was early July in Singapore.  They probably wouldn't want it too late in 2009.  Many of the IOC members are elderly, and I'm sure many of them only do a perfunctory appearance at the Winter events.

It was early July in Singapore.  They probably wouldn't want it too late in 2009.  Many of the IOC members are elderly, and I'm sure many of them only do a perfunctory appearance at the Winter events.

It was? Oh, im sorry then. For some reason i remember it being late in the year. Well in that case, and for gods sake, do it in the summertime. That would normaly be 10 times better then winter.Though we do have those odd summers where it just rains to no end ,so maybe august is still a pretty good bet...Not too hot, and no matter how bad it has been, it always seams to work itself out in august...

Archived