Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westfale

The Road To Berlin 2009

i love the blue track

as the renewed the stadium few years ago with the blue track i was really happy to see something new and uncommon, but i was afraid they could change it it to a red one just for the WCH, but i´m so happy they hvae the blue track

i like it much better then a ordinary red one

YEAH - it looks really good!

{E31AA192-489A-4D5F-BD8A-FB598A156525}Picture.jpg

I am devastated! What an awful opening day! Have you watched the victory ceremony for the walkers? The athletes dont even get flowers or the mascot. Have you seen the flags? Three of them showed in three different directions!

The 10 000 m (glad about the Kenyan win ) was a disgrace. The ladies on the outside went too early to the inside of the track at the start!

Finally, I hope the international viewers have a far better broadcast. It was horrible! I could only listen to the success or faults of the German athletes. The camera was everywhere (in the audience, in the air or somewhere else) but not where it had to be!

The tickets are too expensive (135 € for a ticket in the finish line area, 65 to 75 € in the next-cheaper category) -- that's why I'll have a low price seat as well.

Evening prices : 23.60 / 40.55 / 74.45 / 135.60 € for this beginning of the WC or 34.90 / 51.85 / 85.75 / 153.55 € for next week-end !

Morning prices : 15.69 / 17.95 €

That's a little bit expensive...

In Paris 2003 prices were : 8 € for the morning session and between 11 € to 130 € for the evening session.

So the price range could be the main explanation for this low attendance, but not only... also the way to market you tikets' sales.... It was very well done in 2003 by working with public institution, private companies' social committees, athletics clubs.... groups in general but for that you must also have accessible low starting prices... !

For the record Paris has 52% average attendance for the morning sessions and 96% average attendance for the evening sessions

I am devastated! What an awful opening day! Have you watched the victory ceremony for the walkers? The athletes dont even get flowers or the mascot. Have you seen the flags? Three of them showed in three different directions!

The 10 000 m (glad about the Kenyan win ) was a disgrace. The ladies on the outside went too early to the inside of the track at the start!

Finally, I hope the international viewers have a far better broadcast. It was horrible! I could only listen to the success or faults of the German athletes. The camera was everywhere (in the audience, in the air or somewhere else) but not where it had to be!

International broadcast is not too bad, but not exellent ! But may be, in france it's a little better as FranceTelevision has additional cameras inside the stadium.

But I was surprise of the "look of the games" in the stadium... it looks poor ... and not everywhere. We could see a lot of wall without being covered !

And it sounds as there is a lake of animation inside the stadium... we could hear some speakers but no real interaction with the crowd using music, clip, ...

@ memorabilia,

we (the employees of my company) receive an offer for cheaper tickets for the first day, but I decided not to use this offer, since I thought why is this offer restricted on the first day (I would have prefered to take another day) and furthermore I had to recognise that there isn't a real opening ceremony....

By the way this offer was just made two weeks ago

@ memorabilia,

we (the employees of my company) receive an offer for cheaper tickets for the first day, but I decided not to use this offer, since I thought why is this offer restricted on the first day (I would have prefered to take another day) and furthermore I had to recognise that there isn't a real opening ceremony....

By the way this offer was just made two weeks ago

It looks like as a desperate operation to sale tickets.... 2 weeks ago... during summer vacations !!!!

It looks like as a desperate operation to sale tickets.... 2 weeks ago... during summer vacations !!!!

yeah - I totally agree, the offer wasn't that bad (I mean in the monetary sense), but I esteemed it as "half-hearted", like I have already said, I would have had prefer to take tuesday or another day in the week [mhh, I just think about to ask them another time, maybe it is possible now] - Berlin is just 1 1/2 hours away from Hamburg by train....

I have to "admit" that I really like the British jersey:

_46209709_carl_766.jpg

I actually think Germany has a really smart uniform. The black, red and gold looks quite cool in my opinion.

i like the british jersey too

the union-jack looks cool

the german dress is okay, the gold is a bit too much imo

but i get used to it

The atmosphere is much better today. Just watching the Womens Shot put. Go Valerie Vili

Go Nadine Kleinert. :lol: That's really a close fight between her and Valerie Vili. Only six centimetres more and Kleinert could be ranking 1st again...

OK, now it's 25 centimetres. But if she can keep the silver that would be a great effort as well.

Incredible! Jennifer Oeser stumbled at the end of the first leg of the heptathlon 800 m race but recovered and climbed from the bronze to the silver rank!!! Congratulations!

Incredible! Jennifer Oeser stumbled at the end of the first leg of the heptathlon 800 m race but recovered and climbed from the bronze to the silver rank!!! Congratulations!

yeah - that was just amazing!

Two German silver medals within only four minutes! Nadine Kleinert won silver in the women's shot put!

A good day for German athletics.

congratulations Valerie and congratulations Nadine

Great result for Valerie Vili winning back to back titles!!!

Only New Zealands third gold medal at the world athletics champs

F.

hast Du gesehen, wie Jennifer hier T-shirt "Danke Berlin" wieder ausziehen musste? Ich hoffe nur nicht, dass sie disqualifiziert wird - ich glaube man darf keine T-shirts mit "Äusserungen" im Stadionraum anziehen...