Buenos Aires 2016?

Guardian

Also there's a lot of stigma attached to Argentina after the economic meltdown a few years back.

When people think of Argentina, they think of bankruptcy, and economic instability. The stigma will be around for many years to come.

The IOC won't be interested in BA, not in the slightest. The city may not even be shortlisted for 2016.

An Olympics is the last thing Argentina can afford these days.  Hopefully the all-knowing IOC can differentiate between economically healthy and bankrupt societies.

Argentina isn't as bad as you say :rolleyes:

An Olympics is the last thing Argentina can afford these days.  Hopefully the all-knowing IOC can differentiate between economically healthy and bankrupt societies.

No... it is worse...

A country where you have to pay the police because if you don't they destroy your car, isn't a good place for host the Games. A country where the childs are dying because the "leaders" of the country steal their food, isn't a good place for host the Games. A country where Maradona host a TV show, isn't a good place for host the Games. Besides, they are argentinians.

No... it is worse...

A country where you have to pay the police because if you don't they destroy your car, isn't a good place for host the Games. A country where the childs are dying because the "leaders" of the country steal their food, isn't a good place for host the Games. A country where Maradona host a TV show, isn't a good place for host the Games. Besides, they are argentinians.

And you're Chilean... My aunt is living in BA and her car hasn't been destroyed, neither her food stolen... My cousins haven't died... My uncle isn't in the jail... :rolleyes:

And you're Chilean... My aunt is living in BA and her car hasn't been destroyed, neither her food stolen... My cousins haven't died... My uncle isn't in the jail... :rolleyes:

Because they pay 'protection' money.  That's why.   :wwww:

Really? :glare: Or maybe because you're lying and Argentina isn't as bad? :rolleyes:

Really? :glare: Or maybe because you're lying and Argentina isn't as bad? :rolleyes:

Of course, Argentina's "OK" because you have relatives down there.   

Does the World Bank know you have upped Argentina's credit rating?   :rolleyes:

I haven't said Argentina is OK :glare: I have said it isn't as bad as you say :rolleyes:  :sleepy:

BA is definately a city that may be the first to bring the Games to South America....if not it will be Rio

No, it will be Rio, in 2024 :)

2016 BA / Rio :)

2020 Madrid  :wwww:

2024 Tokyo :laugh:

NYC- 2016

Madrid- 2020

Rio de Janeiro- 2024 :wwww:

No... it is worse...

Well... maybe:

1. She is a peronist leader, or

2. She is very lucky.

No... it is worse...

Well... maybe:

1. She is a peronist leader, or

2. She is very lucky.

Neither of them :rolleyes:

Archived