The Olympic Cauldron: Centre Of The Stadium

The most bizarre aspect of this whole thread is that YellowVest think he's the ONLY ONE in the WHOLE WORLD conscious of the risks of the flame/cauldron. Like nobody else in the Olympic world and their highly paid consultants AND INSURANCE experts have no CLUE as to what they are doing. :blink::blink:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most bizarre aspect of this whole thread is that YellowVest think he's the ONLY ONE in the WHOLE WORLD conscious of the risks of the flame/cauldron. Like nobody else in the Olympic world and their highly paid consultants AND INSURANCE experts have no CLUE as to what they are doing. :blink: :bink:

Exactly - as if Bombadier, who are doing the Cauldron, have no idea about flame and heat processes!

:blink:<_<:angry:

The Workers Compensation Board has a number of issues with BC Place right now. Every infraction the WCB sees and management gets fined.

At some point I expect the WCB to file an order to shut the stadium down and deem it unsafe.

I know....

Pretty soon they will discover an heretofore unknown species of cockroach (the Vancouver Viper roach) living under the boards of BC Place, hence an endangered speices, thereby trumping the 'unsafe' order of the WCB!! Ha!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

After the blowout the Roof collapsed in less than 2 minutes.

That is inaccurate. This edited video (timing in at 2:17) shows the roof deflating. The video did not capture the start of the tear/collapse and it was edited at several points to condense the deflation so the process took longer than 2 minutes.

okay well let's say the Roof deflates in 10 minutes.

That's hardly enough time for panicked spectators to run through the concourses, stand in line at the merchandise counter to buy a BC Lions Cheerleaders poster and then gracefully exit the building before the Roof has come to a complete stop

The chances of this happening on the night of the Ceremonies is slim.

But to please your worry... the roof is fabric. Not concrete. And if it is the flame that brings it down, well, the flame is the last thing that happens at a ceremony.

Who said it's a hole for the flame anyways? Even if they did say that, they may have just done so to throw off you guys with your theories and stuff. Maybe they are really going to do an Athenian 2004 styled ceremony.

Ok, fine...I hope the f**king roof collapses. Just to make you happy. And I hope it collapses every single f**king day of the Olympics. So you can be justified for all the years of torture you have thrust upon this forum with your nonsense about the slim possibility of something that only happened once in 25 years happening on the one time the world is watching. There...you happy?

And if your roof doesn't collapse, what are you gonna do? Dump gasoline on it and pull a Barcelona with a flaming arrow just so you can have your desired tragedy?

Good bye!

That is inaccurate. This edited video (timing in at 2:17) shows the roof deflating. The video did not capture the start of the tear/collapse and it was edited at several points to condense the deflation so the process took longer than 2 minutes.

Kend, that clip reminds me of the Olympic spirits in the Atlanta opening. D'ya think maybe Atkins & Co. were rehearsing the winter version of that Atlanta '96 moment? :lol:

A subtitle to that image of the flap flapping in the wind would be: ________ Has Left the Building. :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

As for you Mr. X / X2 / Nitronuts on Canucks Forum, using "Jes... Chri..." on this Forum is not going to be tolerated.

If you have nothing but profanity to offer on here, then take your stinkin act somewhere else cause it's not welcome here.

Someone ought to wash your filthy mouth out with soap.

Not only are you an idiot, you're downright profane.

Now where the hell is my god damn steak?

As for you Mr. X / X2 / Nitronuts on Canucks Forum, using "Jes... Chri..." on this Forum is not going to be tolerated.

If you have nothing but profanity to offer on here, then take your stinkin act somewhere else cause it's not welcome here.

Someone ought to wash your filthy mouth out with soap.

Not only are you an idiot, you're downright profane.

Now where the hell is my god damn steak?

:rolleyes:

Mr.X. / X2 / Nitronuts....the main difference between me and you is that i have one username/account in each forum whereas you have many (i'm mr.x here at gamesbids and skyscraperpage; nitronuts at canucks forms; and mr.x2 at skyscrapercity). You on the other hand have god knows how many accounts in GamesBids, Skyscraperpage, Skyscrapercity, Canucks forums, etc.

But hey, I can't blame you because you're delusional.

You have at least 5 accounts at GamesBids, something that shouldn't be tolerated and something that certainly wasn't tolerated at all the other forums you were banned from.

Most importantly, I have always acknowledged who i am at these forums.

Now if you still can't understand the concept of having multiple accounts in each of many forums instead of having one account in each forum (different name - who cares?), which I have explained to you only half a dozen times, then that's no surprise to me or anyone here why you're not able to turn off that "BC Place roof is falling" mouthpiece of yours.

Lastly, I think every member here has been telling you to "take your stinkin act somewhere else cause it's not welcome here" for quite some time now...certainly not me.

has anyone reported this trolling to the mods or rob?

Well, I think the big problem is, as annoying as his crap is, I'm not certain he's done anything to get banned yet.

I can almost hear the yells of me being another on of his screen names, but honestly, unless he's using his multi-accounts to reply to each of his posts, I'm not certain of a violation here.

Maybe why I'm not a mod, because yeah, I hate the crap too, but if he were going to get banned over the roof blowing up, I could get in just has much trouble for my comments toward another user in regards to the Harbin 2018 Olympic bid.

What can I say? It's a free board system.