The Olympic Cauldron: Centre Of The Stadium

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think the big problem is, as annoying as his crap is, I'm not certain he's done anything to get banned yet.

I can almost hear the yells of me being another on of his screen names, but honestly, unless he's using his multi-accounts to reply to each of his posts, I'm not certain of a violation here.

Maybe why I'm not a mod, because yeah, I hate the crap too, but if he were going to get banned over the roof blowing up, I could get in just has much trouble for my comments toward another user in regards to the Harbin 2018 Olympic bid.

What can I say? It's a free board system.

There's a point where it becomes spamming, and that in my opinion - and in the opinions of the mods at Canucks forums, Skyscrapercity, and Skyscraperpage - is worth banning. Not to mention that it irritates everyone and hurts the board. I mean, this guy has at least 5 accounts in this forum AND he has posted at least 20 BC Place topics and has also been somehow able to link everything about the 2010 Games to a roof.

There's a point where it becomes spamming, and that in my opinion - and in the opinions of the mods at Canucks forums, Skyscrapercity, and Skyscraperpage - is worth banning. Not to mention that it irritates everyone and hurts the board. I mean, this guy has at least 5 accounts in this forum AND he has posted at least 20 BC Place topics and has also been somehow able to link everything about the 2010 Games to a roof.

Point well taken, sir, touche.

I agree, I reached the enough-is-enough point long ago with this stuff, especially when confronted with facts, he runs away to post another of his doomsday scenarios. In all seriousness, I hope the Vancouver organizing committee is keeping an eye on this clown's IP address because I was only partially kidding in the comparision to Erich Rudolph. I mean, do we know for certain that this guy's obsession isn't to the point where he might actually try and make his prophecy come to pass?

I'm serious.

Well I'm happy the Whitecaps are taking the lead in developing a Stadium where the Olympic Flame will be able to shine bright and be seen for 100 miles!

Waterfront Stadium is back on track!

It would've been so nice to have that Waterfront Stadium ready for the Olympics! Look at all the wonderful Outdoor concerts we could've during 2010! Granted it would be cold, but what a wonderful venue it would've been.

New Soccer Stadium?

Vancouver/CKNW(AM980)

6/11/2009

Remember those plans for an outdoor soccer stadium on Vancouver's waterfront?

They're making a comeback under a revamped development blueprint approved by the city's Mayor and council.

The new central waterfront hub framework re-configures an area bordered by Canada Place, the CP Rail yards and Cordova Street.

In addition to a 15-to-30 thousand seat stadium, plans include an extension of Granville Street to Burrard Inlet and the creation of a large transportation interchange.

The stadium can only be built if the owners of the Vancouver Whitecaps swap a chunk of land with the port authority.

Concerns have also been raised about the proximity of 'dangerous goods' being moved through the rail yard.

The Whitecaps are currently playing at Burnaby's Swangard Stadium, but they need bigger digs to play major league soccer.

They'll temporarily move into BC Place for the start of their 2011 season and plan to call that stadium home for at least five years.

Frankly, having some of these donkeys in the Forums means that I, and others, don't come very often.

I can't be bothered with garbage posts, ignorance, and just plain stupidity. Life's too short, and there are many other forums and interesting sites on the internet to visit, and particupate in.

These people with multiple handles and ignorant posts are ruining what used to be an interesting dicusssion location. You will note that I have been here for a long time (check my number) and used to be a reqular, frequent visitor and occasional contributer. Now, well....fewer visits.

There definitely are fewer people to offer interesting and intelligent discussion. You know who you are, and the donkeys know who they are.

Frankly, having some of these donkeys in the Forums means that I, and others, don't come very often.

I can't be bothered with garbage posts, ignorance, and just plain stupidity. Life's too short, and there are many other forums and interesting sites on the internet to visit, and particupate in.

These people with multiple handles and ignorant posts are ruining what used to be an interesting dicusssion location. You will note that I have been here for a long time (check my number) and used to be a reqular, frequent visitor and occasional contributer. Now, well....fewer visits.

There definitely are fewer people to offer interesting and intelligent discussion. You know who you are, and the donkeys know who they are.

well said! i actually do come on here less mainly because of the likes of jim jones or zenica. their 'participation' in discussions usually leaves me with a headache. i haven't said much on vancouver's progress (everything looks fine to me, well done so far) but i can see that the non-stop roof topic is getting old.

now i just hop on and check topics for pretty renders and that's about it. shame.

well said! i actually do come on here less mainly because of the likes of jim jones or zenica. their 'participation' in discussions usually leaves me with a headache. i haven't said much on vancouver's progress (everything looks fine to me, well done so far) but i can see that the non-stop roof topic is getting old.

now i just hop on and check topics for pretty renders and that's about it. shame.

I completely agree with both of you. It is too bad that a couple of people ruined it for everyone.

DON'T LET HIM RUIN your fun!! Snow him; blitz him; put him down -- and enjoy it in the process!!

Hey TowerGuy, you do know who Diana means by THE "donkey," (el burro) doncha??

Hi Baron.

Thanks for your comment.

Frankly, I don't have either the time or inclination to waste on the people who are ignorant (and I mean that in the correct meaning of the word) or have too much time on their hands. I have discovered that in this world, there are people who have too much time on their hands, and write stupid, senseless and often hurtful things on sites and pages where comments are allowed.

The donkeys who come here (and they know who they are) are not the kind of people that I want to associate with. Life's too short! I am old enough and wise enough to have learned that!

DON'T LET HIM RUIN your fun!! Snow him; blitz him; put him down -- and enjoy it in the process!!

Hey TowerGuy, you do know who Diana means by THE "donkey," (el burro) doncha??

And one other point....they are always the people who hide behind fake names, silly handles, and/or have several aliases. They are afraid to attach their name and reputation to their posts.

It's quite simple - either ignore the fool (and yes, YV,Towerguy etc) IS a fool, or as Baron said, take him on! We've mounted successful posses before and seen off the likes of james and Zenica.

Honestly, I do hope YV/TowerGuy is also on the RCMP's watchlist. There's something disturbing about his obsession.

Edited by Sir Roltel

It's quite simple - either ignore the fool (and yes, YV,Towerguy etc) IS a fool, or as Baron said, take him on! We've mounted successful posses before and seen off the likes of james and Zenica.

Honestly, I do hope YV/TowerGuy is also on the RCMP's watchlist. There's something disturbing about his obsession.

What is RCMP? something with Royal Canadian?

So is this like our crappy attempt to copy the Pentagon? "The Triangle"? Could we not afford the other two sides or something?

I heard that there's four levels underground on the entire grounds, so the headquarters is merely like an iceberg showing only its tip above water.