Which City You Don't Want To See As The Host Of 2016 Sog ?

I would love if the games went to Chicago. I don't know how many of you have been to Chicago, but it is a great city and has a very lively downtown. I love going to Chicago and I think the games would be very popular as Chicago is a gigantic market and is centrally located in the United States. I don't even live in Chicago so this is from the perspective of a visitor.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love if the games went to Chicago. I don't know how many of you have been to Chicago, but it is a great city and has a very lively downtown. I love going to Chicago and I think the games would be very popular as Chicago is a gigantic market and is centrally located in the United States. I don't even live in Chicago so this is from the perspective of a visitor.

No doubts about be another "great american city"...

But it's again a "great american city" hosting SOG... again and again and again and again...

You don't like it because it's BORING?

What is your definition of BORING City?

Tokyo will not be in that Category LOL

Now we have a newbie fanatic from Tokyo...

You guys asked for a japanese fanatic here...

As we say in Brazil: Caution with that you wish....

NOW I KNOW WHY OLYMPICS SHOULD NOT GO TO RIO

BECAUSE PEOPLE THERE ARE MEAN

LOL NO OFFENSE

THIS IS THE LAST TIME AND I WILL JUST IGNORE YOU GUYS

WHATEVER YOU SAY IT"S YOUR OPINION

BUT CANADA STILL BETTER THAN BRAZIL LOL

I'm not surprise if you think Canada better than Brazil...

Brazil is the country outside Japan with more japanese people...

LOL

Care to explain WHO decided to take the Games away from Chicago? Funny also how you always post half truth, uh?

And really, playing the war card is not only very tasteful of you, it can also spectacularly backfire.

If the plain fact is that Tokyo lost a summer olympics because it decided to start a war,Why is it distasteful to state so ? Are we to discard giant slabs of history because much of it is distasteful ? Are we to ommit facts where they are most relevant ?

Reasonable compromise, exactly.

I tend to think of Olympics as given to cities rather than countries anyway. And in that sense the US probably has as many potential host cities as Western Europe, so it's not unreasonable to expect the US to have the games ever 20 years or so, especially given the money they put in.

So the olympics can be bought. I like it when people tell it like it is .

I suppose the UK should host the Eurovision Song Contest every three years then because it's Britain,France and Germany that puits in the most cash isn't it ?

:lol:

So the olympics can be bought. I like it when people tell it like it is .

I suppose the UK should host the Eurovision Song Contest every three years then because it's Britain,France and Germany that puits in the most cash isn't it ?

:lol:

Not a great analogy, considering the Eurovision locations "win" the right to host. By that formula, Olympic hosts woulod be chosen by who tops the medal tally

at the previous games (and we'd be looking at four or five hosts ever - USA, then daylight, then sometimes perhaps China, Russia ... maybe UK or Germany in ages past)

Hmmm....if it's so petty and ridiculous that Rio supporters are championing their cause based purely on the Portugese language then I will swing my vote towards Chicago and thereby ruin your chances.

It is relatively boring. No truly global cities are bidding this time . London beat New York, Moscow and Paris.Game over really.

I hope Madrid continues to waste their money as punishment for sheer arrogance.

It was nice to see Jacques Rogge remind the world that in 2012 the olympics are returning to the country that invented modern sports , the rules and the ethos of fair play .

:P

Hmmm....if it's so petty and ridiculous that Rio supporters are championing their cause based purely on the Portugese language then I will swing my vote towards Chicago and thereby ruin your chances.

It is relatively boring. No truly global cities are bidding this time . London beat New York, Moscow and Paris.Game over really.

I hope Madrid continues to waste their money as punishment for sheer arrogance.

It was nice to see Jacques Rogge remind the world that in 2012 the olympics are returning to the country that invented modern sports , the rules and the ethos of fair play .

:P

And you talk about Madrid arrogance? I see...

I don't want Rio , I can't imagine how cariocas can be more full of themselves as they are already, but I feel this will happen if they win at the end...but thank God (and Obama ) they have slim chances . :lol:

What about U ?

Chicago...

I hope 2016 Tokyo, 2020 Chicago or Toronto, 2024 Rio, 2028 Madrid,

2032 Cape Town. 2036 Asia, 2040 Europe, 2042 North America

Chicago...

Tokyo? Toronto? Hmm...hard to believe. Tokyo 2016 not a favortite unlikely would win, nd They wouldn't give another olympics to Canada over 1st time hosters. :huh:

Why I would be happy to see the various bidders win:

Madrid

Because it would REALLY piss JJ off

Because it might finally shut the Spaniards up and discourage them from bidding for, oh, say at least eight years (before they fancy their chances again with Sevilla or Barcelona Mark II from 2028 onwards)

Because it might dissuade the Europeans from bidding for one whole campaign cycle (2020)

Chicago

Because it would REALLY piss Ruling Czar off.

Because bit would piss of all those people who listen to American music, watch American films and TV shows, dress in US fashions, but complain that a US Olympic hosting on average every few decades is unacceptable US cultural imperialism.

Because it would satisfy US summer games bid desires for, oh, say about eight years before they fancy their chances again with Tulsa or Minneapolis-St Paul

Rio

Because it would enrage all those people who automatically believe the games should be awarded to the best scorer on the technical evaluation – no matter if such a policy would ensure they’d be permanently awarded to cashed-up US college towns.

Because I wanna see Samba in the opening ceremony

Because it would give me a great excuse to visit Rio

Because it would kill the whole "Continental Rotation" argument stone dead for, oh, say about four years until the Africans strarted getting grumpy

Tokyo

Because it would be in a convenient time-zone for me to watch on TV.

Because it would be the cheapest for me to visit.

Because it might leave the next Asia-Pacific regional bid open to Oz.

Because it would knock PuyeongChang out of the 2018 race and boost Munich's hopes.

Because it might shut the Koreans up for, oh, say about four years till they fancied Busan's chances for 2024.

Because it would leave the way open for a Battle of the Mega bids for 2020 when Europe, USA, South America and South Africa will wheel out their big guns for a winner-takes-all campaign race.

Why I would be happy to see the various bidders win:

Madrid

Because it would REALLY piss JJ off

Because it might finally shut the Spaniards up and discourage them from bidding for, oh, say at least eight years (before they fancy their chances again with Sevilla or Barcelona Mark II from 2028 onwards)

Because it might dissuade the Europeans from bidding for one whole campaign cycle (2020)

Chicago

Because it would REALLY piss Ruling Czar off.

Because bit would piss of all those people who listen to American music, watch American films and TV shows, dress in US fashions, but complain that a US Olympic hosting on average every few decades is unacceptable US cultural imperialism.

Because it would satisfy US summer games bid desires for, oh, say about eight years before they fancy their chances again with Tulsa or Minneapolis-St Paul

Rio

Because it would enrage all those people who automatically believe the games should be awarded to the best scorer on the technical evaluation – no matter if such a policy would ensure they’d be permanently awarded to cashed-up US college towns.

Because I wanna see Samba in the opening ceremony

Because it would give me a great excuse to visit Rio

Because it would kill the whole "Continental Rotation" argument stone dead for, oh, say about four years until the Africans strarted getting grumpy

Tokyo

Because it would be in a convenient time-zone for me to watch on TV.

Because it would be the cheapest for me to visit.

Because it might leave the next Asia-Pacific regional bid open to Oz.

Because it would knock PuyeongChang out of the 2018 race and boost Munich's hopes.

Because it might shut the Koreans up for, oh, say about four years till they fancied Busan's chances for 2024.

Because it would leave the way open for a Battle of the Mega bids for 2020 when Europe, USA, South America and South Africa will wheel out their big guns for a winner-takes-all campaign race.

very good reasons! :lol:

Chicago...

Why some troll didn't said yet that Rio should not bid for 2024 because 24 is not good number in Brazil...

Let's go... Keep your campaign against Rio, but with real facts about Brazil... This is one...

No '24 Olympics in Brazil...

Well... as far as I wouldn't have seen London chosen for 2012, I don't want Chicago to be chosen right now. Beijing, London, Chicago will keep apart the Latin world too many years. Nor Tokyo should be hosting in my opinion, for the same reasons. Either Madrid or Rio would be a great cultural rotation for 2016.

2016 Madrid / Rio

2020 Capetown (so entusiasthic about this city hosting...!), but if Rio wins I can't see the games in a new frontier city two SOGs in a row

2024 Chicago

If the rotation is so important, why just don't make the IOC strict the bidding process to the a certain area in the world?

Why making the other countries spend lots of money, thinking and effort into the bid.

Just make all the latin countries bid for 2016 or just africa and south america bid because they haven't had the Olympics.

Change the IOC rulings regarding selecting who is the best place to HOST the Olympics

No Miguel, Cinderella was stating why she thinks Rio or Madrid should host rather than the others, not trying to second guess the IOC. It's her opinion and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that.

That's what this thread's about.

No Miguel, Cinderella was stating why she thinks Rio or Madrid should host rather than the others, not trying to second guess the IOC. It's her opinion and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that.

That's what this thread's about.

Actually since 1992, no latin city has hosted SOG. Just Athens would be the most similar city to the latin concept, but it's not exactly the same. Either Rio or Madrid will offer the very most different games, IMO. Nevertheless, I don't see how can Miguel deduct that I'm suggesting that the other ones shouldn't have bid this time. This makes the race more interesting. Competition just turns the race into a more qualified one.

Archived