Which City You Don't Want To See As The Host Of 2016 Sog ?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol::lol:

TOKYO. I can't think of a more BORING city to host the Games.

The Nagano Ceremonies were among the MOST awful and BORING of ALL TIME!!

I don't think we should compare Tokyo with Nagano. I mean , the Japanese capital is very cosmopolitan , the most crowded city on Earth , I don't think they would put us to sleep during the games .

I don't think we should compare Tokyo with Nagano. I mean , the Japanese capital is very cosmopolitan , the most crowded city on Earth , I don't think they would put us to sleep during the games .

Yeah, but the super-polite Japanese people aren't exactly the MOST EXCITING people to be around with.

I mean I could die of their politesse.

I don't want Rio , I can't imagine how cariocas can be more full of themselves as they are already, but I feel this will happen if they win at the end...but thank God (and Obama ) they have slim chances . laugh.gif

What about U ?

Euri!!

Paulista/paulistano detected!! :lol:

I would say I am least excited about Madrid, then Tokyo.

I don't want Rio, because I would hate to hear negative press for years leading up to the Games (e.g. Athens). Although some will argue that Rio is ready, I think they need some time to be more prepared. Let them work out their problems with the 2014 WC, and build up more of their infrastructure, decrease the favelas and then we can talk. 2024 or 2028 seems a lot more reasonable. Why rush?

This is Chicago's only real chance to host an Olympics. Rio will remain the top S. America bid city for quite some time. Chicago won't be the top bid city in N. America for probably ever again in my lifetime.

Guest TOKYO 2016

Chicago...

They are rely on political clout.

and Held four times already.

But, Japan hosted only once.

It's a 52 years ago.

Plan, financial, security, infrastructure, environment,

Tokyo much better best.

Jacques Rogge say,

"The International Olympic Committee has the honor of announcing

the 30nd Olympic Games in 2016 are awarded to the city of Tokyo"

B)

P.S. Japan's already hosted TWO Winter Games. Two Winter Games = another Summer...so, in effect, Japan has hosted TWO Summer Olympics already.

Using Baron formula, the US has hosted 4 + 4 / 2 = 6 Summer Games already <_<

Guest TOKYO 2016
/\ /\ Except none of the other 3 have hosted. You (Tokyo) already have...so why should it go back to you?

P.S. Japan's already hosted TWO Winter Games. Two Winter Games = another Summer...so, in effect, Japan has hosted TWO Summer Olympics already.

summer and winter some different.

u.s s+w=8 times

u.s 1984,1996,2016 very short time.

japan 1964,2016 very long time.

1988 nagoya, 2008 osaka fail.

japan need summer again.

tokyo plan much better than 3 cities.

anyway good luck 4 cities. B)

summer and winter some different.

u.s s+w=8 times

u.s 1984,1996,2016 very short time.

japan 1964,2016 very long time.

1988 nagoya, 2008 osaka fail.

japan need summer again.

tokyo plan much better than 3 cities.

anyway good luck 4 cities. B)

yes, but the 1904 Olympics were promised to Chicago. They were then taken away.

1940 was first promised to Tokyo. World War II caused by certain countries (which shall remain nameless. .) took that away. (FUnny, huh?)

24 years later in 1964, the IOC made good its promise to Japan -- and gave Tokyo its Games. So there...you've had it.

It's time for another city -- which has JUST as good a plan as yours -- to hopefully get what it was also previously promised.

yes, but the 1904 Olympics were promised to Chicago. They were then taken away.

1940 was first promised to Tokyo. World War II caused by certain countries (which shall remain namesless. They know who they are.) took that away. (FUnny, huh?) 24 years later in 1964, the IOC made good its promise to Japan -- and gave Tokyo its Games. So there...you've had it.

It's time for another city -- which has JUST as good a plan as yours -- to hopefully get what it was also previously promised.

Care to explain WHO decided to take the Games away from Chicago? Funny also how you always post half truth, uh?

And really, playing the war card is not only very tasteful of you, it can also spectacularly backfire.

Care to explain WHO decided to take the Games away from Chicago? Funny also how you always post half truth, uh?

And really, playing the war card is not only very tasteful of you, it can also spectacularly backfire.

well, half is BETTER than none at all.

Well, the 'war' card is the truth, ain't it? You take me to task for doing a half-truth...but then if I state a FACT (which it is) ...you also take me task. And 'taste' has nothing to do with it, jeremie.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways. You don't like HALF, but you also don't like WHOLE? Huh?? :blink:

(Oh God, you should see someone post at IMDB!! :lol: )

I thought 1904 was moved because it was easier for the games to be held along with the World's Fair in St. Louis and it was a decision by the powers at be in the US.

The USA is not like any other country, no other country has as many possible hosts and no other country provides as much to the coffers to the IOC as the USA does, does this mean they get them all the time, no, does it mean every 20 years or so, yea. Remember that from 1932 to 1984 the USA did not host a Summer Games despite trying many, many times. Do I want to see the games in the US again, not really, but I recognize that Chicago does have a good plan, its a good city and would host the games well and do it with a financial realism that is the cornerstone for my support for Olympic bids.

No matter what spin you put on it, Madrid is a very unlikely host, as Jeremie has said before, in different words, it is not unthinkable but it would require a perfect storm of events during the voting and near perfect campaigning by Samaranch and Junior. His death, I know its a terrible thing to say, but his death would be the greatest catalyst possible for a Madrid games. I just can't see it though, Madrid has a great plan but I would rather see the games out of Europe so that Paris can finally host, something I have wanted for years and years.

Tokyo has a great bid, and unlike others I think that Beijing is not a hindrance, Asia is half of the world's population and now has 4 countries and at least 8 cities that could host. Roughly equal to the Americas, Africa and Oceania combined (7 countries with 9 cities) It is going to happen eventually that Asian cities host 8 years apart is 2008-2016 that time, not likely because the Koreans will do anything and everything to prevent Tokyo and it is unlikely China and its allies will choose to support Tokyo over the political favours that they can get out of Lula and Brazil for their support. I support Tokyo but I am not at all convinced they can win.

To me, despite what the IOC has experienced in Athens and Torino with delays and uncertainties and irregardless of the World Cup, Rio is the marginal favourite right now. I would have no problems with Rio hosting, I think it would be a great games and the Brazilians would put a lot of pride and prestige into it, similar to what the Chinese did for 2008. Are they ready, not sure, but its been awhile since the IOC took a risk with a host, arguably not since Mexico City in 1968.

I would be perfectly happy and watch the games from all 4 cities but my preference is Tokyo>Rio de Janeiro>Chicago>Madrid. But honestly this race is boring, its too hard to really get a grasp on things. I am not really interested, nor do I care, but in the end I think the best result for my personal interests is Rio de Janeiro so that its possible for a Tokyo/Toronto games in 2020 and Paris in 2024. Hopefully....

Archived