Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenadian

2014 in 2012 votes

Guest ryan04

now was 2012 race comes to a close and countries in europe and asia wanting to bid for 2014 think about who they will vote for in 2012.

1) Sweden - who will it vote for will it want to vote London, Paris, Moscow being close. Or NYC, Madrid being much farther. And seeing it is in Europe it would be a back to back Europe games, but i cant say anything becuse Vancover 2010 - NYC 2012 so???

2) Austria - well it is really close to Paris so???

3) Andorra - isn't it close to Moscow???

4) Korea - will they vote NYC becuse of the nationa bond or will they not care becuse no asian city is bidding for 2012.

5) 2016 - will we start to have come ups of who will go for 2016 by the time 2005 votes come???

I don't think it will matter all that much.  Its pretty much a race between Europe and Korea anyway.

About the only effect I can see 2012 having on the 2014 vote would be if Paris wins, in which case Annecy would be out of 2014 contention.

In any case, as Kendegra said, 2014 will all come down to Europe V Asia

Guest ryan04
yes but what i am saying for the countires wanting to bid in 2014 will they vote for a European City in 2012 becuse it would be a double back euope games or vote for america

Listen. The 2012 games will more than likely be given to an european city. Singapore 2005 is just a matter of formality to reveal who the winner is.

yes andora is close to moscow

as close USA is  to australia

as close morroco is to south africa

and as close you are to predict where the 2012 and 2014 games will be organize :laughlong:

Unless they stuff it somehow, Pyeongchang has 2014 in a lock. It's the first non-Japanese city to make a credible bid for the Winter Games, and the IOC won't squander that.

I also think that the selection for the Winter and Summer Games are on somewhat different rotations.

S:2000 Aus 2004 Europe 2008 Asia 2012 Europe 2016 North Am (or S. Am or Africa, but probably not)

W: 1998 Asia 2002 North Am 2006 Europe 2010 North Am 2014 Asia  (unless perhaps Queenstown NZ or Buenos Aires or Santiago jump in with a solid bid)

So I hope Toronto rises from the ashes for 2016, and the the US picks another city characterized by infighting, egos and drama kweens.  :unclesam:  :o