Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Brazil 2014 World Cup...

Thanks for that lovely picture Rols. :unsure:

Some explanation:

That ad was the most quoted thing in the playground when I was about 10 year's old, and it's weird how things stick with you. At that age running around shouting "Armadillos" in a yokel accent was the height of hilarity. If you think I'm weird, I'm willing to bet anyone (ok, any male) around my age from the UK will have exactly the same reaction to this particular mammal.

ARRRMADILLOS!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smooth on the inside, crunchy on the outside!

Edited by RobH

That's one thing I don't like about the animal chosen.

The "spanish" name in English...

It will sound Brazil is a hispanic country, and many people (specially ordinary Americans) already think this.

What an opportunity to kill this wrong assumption...

Why BBC is a piece of sh**?

interfail.jpg

The only angle they could have taken a picture of mess in the works in Brazil... (a small part of Beira Rio stadium, where the works are stopped due a financing problem).

Despite this problem, Porto Alegre city have a brand new stadium to replace Beira-Rio, to be ready and inaugurated September 2012.

Actual picture of Beira-Rio stadium:

beirario_patrimonio_030408_4.jpg

BBC about World Cup in Brazil = garbage

#RobH mode on --- Really hope England don't get some World Cup in this century!!! --- #RobH mode off

@DannyelBrazil

Relax, obviously there is some major delays going on with Brazil, and the BBC highlighting it because the WC is the second biggest event on this planet. We saw it with South Africa in 2010 and I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened with Russia in 2018.

• Like 1

I don't like the manipulation of information.

One thing is to point the delays Brazil have in the World Cup, other is to "make" pictures to show how bad is Brazil in preparations to World Cup.

Meanwhile at this very moment 11 of 12 planned stadiums are at full speed works to be ready inside the schedule FIFA agreed with Brazilian Govt.

Porto Alegre stadium have a huge bureaucratic problem with financing, and in my opinion, they will not solve it.

At least the city will deliver the Arena do Gremio, a fullfilled FIFA World Cup standard stadim September 2012. Porto Alegre have the best plan B in Brazil, this BBC didn't say.

We do have problems specially with urban motion works in less important host cities like Cuiaba and Manaus, but BBC is selling a chaos in Brazil, and this is not true.

This is not journalism, this is about ethics (something the British Media is really known for not have).

Don't talk about things you don't know about Danny - the BBC is the antithesis of a red-top, it is known for its standards of journalism worldwide. We have some of the worst but also definitely some of the best media and journalism here in UK. The photo mightn't be the best choice (and if it's not an oversight I'd expect better of the Beeb), but the BBC is reporting what is happening just as it did in the lead up to the Delhi Games. And guess what, we had bitter Indians making the same boring noises you are now when they did.

@DannyelBrazil

Relax, obviously there is some major delays going on with Brazil, and the BBC highlighting it because the WC is the second biggest event on this planet. We saw it with South Africa in 2010 and I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened with Russia in 2018.

Except Russia, by all accounts is approaching their World Cup with much more urgency and professionalism - FIFA are pretty pleased with how everything's going there. I fully expect them to be in a great place by 2016.

Edited by RobH

I agree, it's useless to cover the sun with a finger (like the hardcore supporters of Delhi did two years ago even when it was totally obvious their organization was in shambles). The pic is maybe not the actual thing, but it is true that the organizing comittee is having a lot of troubles and delays. I fear that some of the stadiums for the Confederations Cup next year will be ready just weeks before, which will cause problem since they won't be tested enough.

Also, i don't think Russia organization will be easily criticized. Half of the stadiums began their construction, even when Russia was still not chosen as the 2018 host. They will be probably ready even a year before the WC.

About the mascot, i'm really glad they didn't picked a bird (that would have been very cliche), also that they're trying something new like an armadillo (an animal which i like, btw.) Let's see how the final design will be, although we already know they want it to look like a japanese manga/anime. (those are very popular in Brazil)

I am surprised with the Russia information. As for media criticism look (and I am bringing this up cuz I live here and read the media) at the 2015 PAGS only thing is venue delays, cost over runs etc. Only negative info. Same thing with the Gold Coast's CWGs the sad thing is things like this attract readers.

Although this is not the first time an armadillo was used as a football mascot. See Copa America '97 in Bolivia:

tatu.jpg

I am surprised with the Russia information. As for media criticism look (and I am bringing this up cuz I live here and read the media) at the 2015 PAGS only thing is venue delays, cost over runs etc. Only negative info. Same thing with the Gold Coast's CWGs the sad thing is things like this attract readers.

I'm surprised about Gold Coast, since it's still a very young organization. They are criticizing too early if you ask me.

Although this is not the first time an armadillo was used as a football mascot. See Copa America '97 in Bolivia:

tatu.jpg

I'm surprised about Gold Coast, since it's still a very young organization. They are criticizing too early if you ask me.

Well the only think I have seen after they won is village over runs which isn't really fair to such a young organization.

Is that the official logo?

Don't talk about things you don't know about Danny - the BBC is the antithesis of a red-top, it is known for its standards of journalism worldwide. We have some of the worst but also definitely some of the best media and journalism here in UK. The photo mightn't be the best choice (and if it's not an oversight I'd expect better of the Beeb), but the BBC is reporting what is happening just as it did in the lead up to the Delhi Games. And guess what, we had bitter Indians making the same boring noises you are now when they did.

Except Russia, by all accounts is approaching their World Cup with much more urgency and professionalism - FIFA are pretty pleased with how everything's going there. I fully expect them to be in a great place by 2016.

I don't care about your biased opinion about the "royal" public Journalistic service of your country...

First, the article of BBC have incorrect information (as every single time they talk about World Cup in Brazil). So the standard is really flawed, maybe can be enough for a country with a market full of "News of the World", "The Sun" and other kind of great media companies like those...

Secondly, it's UTTERLY ridiculous any comparision between the Delhi Organization and Brazil one. To start this discussion let's put the things "CLEAR", literally, since our works sites are clear and not full of dirty everywhere. - I consider this comparision an offense to be sincere to you.

Check our work sites and find any dirty place as Delhi.

Thirdly, Russia is part of the richiest Continental Federation in the world and the richiest League, there are clubs in Russia that have more "suspicious" money than the entire Brazilian League, add to this, Russia is not exactly a 100% democratic system, meanwhile, everything in Brazil MUST FOLLOW rules and laws - that's why we are delayed - BUREAUCRACY - I told it here several times.

And I'm not very surprised about Europeans being happy with Europeans events, no matter how bad or good it is. Europe is great, America and Japan you guys can accept, the rest of the World is trash. Ordinary.

Fourthly, no Brazilian here is denying the fact we have delays (mostly in urban transportation systems, since stadium are really inside the schedule FIFA agreed with Brazilian Govt), indeed, Bezzi is always putting update posts, and showing the real picture of Brazilian Organization to the World Cup.

I dare to say Bezzi is making a better job here than BBC.

Not to forget all ridiculous things "first world" journalists made with South Africa 2010, specially BBC...

And in the end we had a great World Cup there, the event went smoothly and South Africa got some nice legacy with BRT corridors, a new airport in Johannesbourg...

But why to focus in this? Let's talk about "white elephants" and how "poor" South Africa still is compared to Euroland...

And at the end it's better to focus in the fact an European team won than a "thank you South Africa for the great party and great effort on organizing the event"...

The press of Europe, talking about things south of Equator, stinks. It's my opinion.

I agree, it's useless to cover the sun with a finger (like the hardcore supporters of Delhi did two years ago even when it was totally obvious their organization was in shambles). The pic is maybe not the actual thing, but it is true that the organizing comittee is having a lot of troubles and delays. I fear that some of the stadiums for the Confederations Cup next year will be ready just weeks before, which will cause problem since they won't be tested enough.

There is only one stadium worry to Confederations Cup: Maracana in Rio.

All other stadiums are really expected to be done in December 2012.

Don't get your information in BBC, please.

And FIFA DID NOT ALLOWED TEST EVENTS FOR ANY STADIUM IN BRAZIL. THEY DON'T WANT IT.

Brazilians are trying to convince them to allow at least one friendly match for all stadiums before the Confederations Cup, but FIFA does not want to accept.

CONFEDERATIONS CUP STADIUMS

Castelão - Fortaleza: 60%

Opening: TBD, expectation: Early days of December 2012

Arena Fonte Nova – Salvador: 54%

Opening: TBD, expectation: Late December 2012

This stadium is not yet confirmed in the event

Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha – Brasília: 53%

Opening: December 31st 2012 at 11am

Mineirão – Belo Horizonte: 51%

Opening: December 21st 2012 at 11am

Maracanã – Rio de Janeiro: 39%

Opening: TBD, expectation: March 2013

Arena Pernambuco – Pernambuco: 34%

Opening: TBD, expectation: January 2013

This stadium is not yet confirmed in the event

I don't care about your biased opinion about the "royal" public Journalistic service of your country...

Fine, I won't read the rest of your post then.

Edited by RobH
  • Like 1

Fine, I won't read the rest of your post then.

You read eveything and changed the post...

And you read I spend only one line about BBC... The rest is talking generally about media, about the Confederations Cup and percentage of stadiums ready...

And accepting the fact that yes, there are things delayed (urban transportation is delayed), but, most of proposed works will be ready in time for the World Cup.

I don't like BBC when they make a "chaos" in Brazil that does not exist, you don't like Teixeira (in fact I share this opinion with you), fight for your opinion, this is a forum!

Or give up on coming here, since I will post my complains on every inaccurate and biased BBC report on Brazil - and you know, those have been very often.

CONFEDERATIONS CUP STADIUMS

Maracanã – Rio de Janeiro: 39%

Opening: TBD, expectation: March 2013

The opening date of Maracana is scheduled for February 28

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2012/03/marcia-lins-garante-entrega-do-maracana-em-fevereiro-de-2013.html

The opening date of Maracana is scheduled for February 28

http://globoesporte....ro-de-2013.html

I came here to post this news, but, as always, you are faster than me.

So, February 28th, 2013, Maracana will be shiny and brighty again. Nice news.

March 1st would be a better date, since it's Rio de Janeiro city anniversary.

The Beira Rio Stadium, target of BBC last week, has restarted his works yesterday, after the signing of a contract with the construction company.

OgAAAMGe-2av6qzWDLpzu84ROKlC6EZQhXOkIhWiIQfXL3ccpG50J40SO34efcLzMs1RcZXaj4ebru91G1zZP2xgXakAm1T1UBRv5mw1cPI0LIUi4MpMvlxlcBQG.jpg

The city of Porto Alegre has another stadium under construction that is following the recommendations of FIFA. Its construction is at an advanced stage. The stadium would be an option if there was no agreement with the Beira Rio. But the BBC didn't show this.

PQAAAJ_6QBuIVfCxgInBAjcxI_KZxYSWGsGNoSOfqixtkCrfZVS5ck1sSI3Tcm7DGK7dpjmQGRt0f6D1JfeD92c_fiAAm1T1UNfj3xzZusOPtKNPVEjY3JsWnnzs.jpg

Now, all the stadiums to be used in the World Cup are under construction, most of them are scheduled to be completed in late 2012 / early 2013. Works of urban mobility are also underway in most cities, but FIFA will continue to criticize us, because the Congress is trying (but will not achieve) to veto the sale of beer inside the stadiums.

BBC shows what is convenient for their Rob-H-like audience...

About the Beira Rio, I'd rather much more the Arena do Gremio...

FIFA debuts on YouTube

FIFA today debuts on the video-sharing platform YouTube (www.youtube.com/fifatv) to make the world football federation’s rich audiovisual content more accessible to fans.

FIFA on YouTube features tailor-made football match action from the most recent FIFA competitions, including the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ and the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011™ Germany, top player profiles and clips from FIFA documentaries, FIFA Futbol Mundial shows and the 2014 Brazil monthly magazine show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOO4LeEncFI

Nice the videos from FIFA... The Porto Alegre one is a bit superficial, the city is really great and not only a Bank in a river...

Maracana middle stands and VIP area is getting shape!

RIO108010.JPG

RIO108011.JPG

Mineirão, Belo Horizonte

52% of works ready

6875337424_e8e478c368_o.jpg

Arena de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo (Opening match stadium)

32% of works ready

foto%20helicoptero%207.jpg

Castelao, Fortaleza

61% of works ready

IMG_2160.jpg

Fonte Nova, Salvador

52% of works ready

23u7a0l.jpg

'The colossal' Estadio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia (Confederations Cup opening match)

55% of works ready

Capturadetela2012-03-28s214733.png

Arena da Baixada, Curitiba

61% of stadium completion (this stadium had part of the structure ready before the start of the works)

DSC_04391.jpg