Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Some images from the video:

arena1b.jpg

arena2.jpg

arena3.jpg

arena4.jpg

arena5d.jpg

It's a nice, if rather uninspired, design. Still, I'm quite fond of squared stadiums. Somehow, they seem more classy and use the area better, IMO.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Brazilians: it seems the logo was made to pay honour to a great Brazilian kardecist: LOL!!!

My proposal to Argentina is Natal, Porto Alegre and Manaus in the first leg... LOL

This Bezzi`s coloured version is much better than the original. Good job, Bezzi!

Works in full swing

Representatives of the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 visited in recent weeks, six stadiums being built or renovated for the competition. The works are in full swing and we can already see the result of the interventions.

In Belo Horizonte the Mineirao is already in its second phase of work, with the lowering of the pitch and demolition of the lower ring of the grandstand.

39710880.jpg

Credit: LOC

In Cuiaba, old Verdão stadium has been demolished. The Pantanal Arena is on the stage of earthworks, drainage and foundations.

cuix.jpg

Credit: LOC

In Rio, the lower ring of seats and the ramps outside the Maracana are being demolished.

97615109.jpg

Credit: LOC

In Manaus, Vivaldão is in the final stages of demolition to make way for Amazonia Arena. The earthworks and foundations have already started.

manpa.jpg

Credit: LOC

In Salvador, the old Fonte Nova no longer exists. Works on the new stadium are in the process of excavating and installing the construction site.

salud.jpg

Credit: LOC

Mane Garrincha Stadium in Brasilia, is in final stage of demolition and are now running the earthworks, drainage and foundations.

brasilias.jpg

Credit: LOC

Source: FIFA.com

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08112010/2/brazil-confident-sao-paulo-host-2014-cup-opener.html

Brazil confident Sao Paulo will host 2014 Cup opener

Reuters

Mon, 08 Nov 22:06:00 2010

*

Share

*

retweet

* Email

* Print

Brazilian 2014 World Cup organisers are confident Sao Paulo will stage the opening game of the tournament even though plans for its stadium have yet to be approved.

Ricardo Teixeira, president of both the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) and the 2014 local organising committee, initially said on Monday that he was certain that the tournament would kick off in Latin America's largest city.

"We have absolute certainty and we desire that the World Cup opening will be in Sao Paulo," Teixeira told reporters after a meeting with Sao Paulo state governor Alberto Goldman and mayor Gilberto Kassab.

However, Teixeira later said in a statement that plans to use a new stadium built by the Corinthians club for the match had to be approved by soccer's governing body FIFA.

Corinthians also said that it was early days.

"There is a project for a 65,000 capacity stadium being analysed by the local and national authorities," the club said in a statement.

"This can only be definitively detailed and its costs and financing necessities calculated, after it has been revised and approved by FIFA."

Corinthians added that it was predicted that work would start next March and would be finished at the end of 2013 -- too late for the Confederations Cup which will used as a dressed rehearsal.

Confusion has surrounded Sao Paulo's participation in the World Cup since June when the local organising committee dropped plans to use the Morumbi stadium.

FINANCIAL GUARANTEES

The decision came after the city failed to provide financial guarantees for the cost of renovating the stadium.

Since then, hopes have been placed on the planned new Corinthians stadium in the sprawling eastern suburbs of the city. The club, one of the biggest in Brazil, announced it September that it would build a 48,000 capacity-stadium at a cost of 335 million reais (197 million dollars).

The stadium will be built and financed by the Odebrecht construction company which will be given naming rights in return.

However, FIFA demands a capacity of at least 65,000 for a stadium to stage the opening match at the World Cup, which would increase the cost and has become the subject of negotiations between the club and organising committee.

Goldman was confident the increased cost could be met.

"We believe that together, we can find a way out for this," he said. "We have managed to do everything we need to get to this point."

Monday's announcement came after a weekend in which armed attacks on world champion Jenson Button and a group of team engineers marred the Brazilian Formula One Grand Prix in the city, highlighting worries about crime rates.

Brazil was elected unopposed in 2007 to host the tournament which was earmarked for South America by FIFA under a short-lived rotation system which also brought this year's World Cup to Africa.

The country faces a huge job to improve its creaking stadiums and transport system, as well as fighting crime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paulo-Estadio-Corinthians-Fielzao-Ferreira_LANIMA20101026_0099_26.jpg#650x383

This project will be revised to meet the requirements for the opening match. The expansion will be now permanent. The german Werner Sobek will help in the stadium roof and facade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

FIFA ponders later start for next World Cup in Brazil

(Reuters) - A later start to the next World Cup to allow top players to have a longer rest after sapping club seasons will be one of the key issues for a FIFA task force looking at improving future tournaments, Reuters has learnt.

Starting the 2014 finals in Brazil in July rather than mid-June would allow players to be fresher for the tournament, a senior source at world soccer's governing body said.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has already announced plans for his task force to look at ways of making the tournament more attractive.

Blatter's decision came after several high-profile players, including Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba, produced mediocre performances at the World Cup in South Africa this year.

FIFA was also disappointed by the cagey tactics by teams in the first round of matches which made for several dull games.

Blatter said he wanted solutions to be introduced in time for the next World Cup in Brazil.

FIFA had already introduced a cut off date for leagues to end their seasons earlier in a World Cup year but this seemed to make little difference to the conditioning of some leading players at the 2010 finals.

The World Cup usually starts just weeks after the end of league season in Europe.

Blatter suggested in October fear of losing in the opening round of the World Cup made for too many unexciting games in the first fortnight of the tournament.

"Nobody really wants to lose one of these (first round) matches, we had five or six draws in South Africa, so let's see how we can make football more attractive," he said after a FIFA executive committee meeting.

He had previously suggested one solution might be to abolish extra-time, with drawn matches in the knockout stages going straight to penalties.

Reuters

Link to post
Share on other sites

World Cup qualifier draw will be at Marina da Gloria in Rio de Janeiro

Event will include all members of Fifa and held on July 30

The draw for the World Cup qualifiers will be held on July 30, at Marina da Gloria, South Zone of Rio de Janeiro. The event will be attended by representatives of all 207 countries affiliated to FIFA.

- The site has plenty of space. Have nearly nine million square feet of free area - said Joanna Teixeira, director of planning, marketing and support operations of the World Cup organizing committee.

Joanna said that the LOC will create a slogan for the World Cup by year's end, with two versions: one in English and one in Portuguese.

Source: globoesporte.com

Some pictures of Marina da Gloria:

Marina_da_gloria.jpg

3944314451_bf1bd97f3f.jpg

Brazil-rio-de-janeiro-marina.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA ponders later start for next World Cup in Brazil

(Reuters) - A later start to the next World Cup to allow top players to have a longer rest after sapping club seasons will be one of the key issues for a FIFA task force looking at improving future tournaments, Reuters has learnt.

Starting the 2014 finals in Brazil in July rather than mid-June would allow players to be fresher for the tournament, a senior source at world soccer's governing body said.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has already announced plans for his task force to look at ways of making the tournament more attractive.

Blatter's decision came after several high-profile players, including Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba, produced mediocre performances at the World Cup in South Africa this year.

FIFA was also disappointed by the cagey tactics by teams in the first round of matches which made for several dull games.

Blatter said he wanted solutions to be introduced in time for the next World Cup in Brazil.

FIFA had already introduced a cut off date for leagues to end their seasons earlier in a World Cup year but this seemed to make little difference to the conditioning of some leading players at the 2010 finals.

The World Cup usually starts just weeks after the end of league season in Europe.

Blatter suggested in October fear of losing in the opening round of the World Cup made for too many unexciting games in the first fortnight of the tournament.

"Nobody really wants to lose one of these (first round) matches, we had five or six draws in South Africa, so let's see how we can make football more attractive," he said after a FIFA executive committee meeting.

He had previously suggested one solution might be to abolish extra-time, with drawn matches in the knockout stages going straight to penalties.

Reuters

I don't think European clubs would agree because this would delay the start of the new season after the World Cup. After all, the players need to rest after the competition, they can't go straight back to their employers for another 9 to 10 months. Maybe a start week or two later but no more, that would mean playing the opening match on June 20 or 27.

Link to post
Share on other sites

World Cup qualifier draw will be at Marina da Gloria in Rio de Janeiro

Event will include all members of Fifa and held on July 30

The draw for the World Cup qualifiers will be held on July 30, at Marina da Gloria, South Zone of Rio de Janeiro. The event will be attended by representatives of all 207 countries affiliated to FIFA.

- The site has plenty of space. Have nearly nine million square feet of free area - said Joanna Teixeira, director of planning, marketing and support operations of the World Cup organizing committee.

Joanna said that the LOC will create a slogan for the World Cup by year's end, with two versions: one in English and one in Portuguese.

July 30? A year before the tournament? How can that be? Isn't the draw done 6 months before the WC...so it's always been in the early December the year before? So for 2014, it should be in December 2013...NOT July 30.

Link to post
Share on other sites

July 30? A year before the tournament? How can that be? Isn't the draw done 6 months before the WC...so it's always been in the early December the year before? So for 2014, it should be in December 2013...NOT July 30.

No, it's about the QUALIFIERS, some of which begin already some time next year, not the final tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...