Brazil 2014 World Cup...

The city of Rio de Janeiro and the federal government anticipated the deployment of BRT to the International Airport Tom Jobim. Before only designed for the Olympic Games in 2016, now the line of articulated buses will be ready for the 2014 World Cup.

Source: http://www.copa2014.org.br/noticias/4778/TRANSCARIOCA+TERA+TRECHO+ANTECIPADO+PARA+A+COPA+DE+2014.html

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the facepalm logo has been redisigned

30668_540.jpg

I read this in a newspaper in Brazil.

It was an American designer who fixed the stuff.

About the drawing of the trophy, it's just OK

About the fonts, he is wrong. The font used for FIFA World Cup is a trade mark and so... FIFA!

And he wrote Brazil just like the post of that 1980's movie called Brazil.

Anyway, interesting opinions!

I read this in a newspaper in Brazil.

It was an American designer who fixed the stuff.

About the drawing of the trophy, it's just OK

About the fonts, he is wrong. The font used for FIFA World Cup is a trade mark and so... FIFA!

And he wrote Brazil just like the post of that 1980's movie called Brazil.

Anyway, interesting opinions!

http://www.drawger.com/felixsockwell/?article_id=10980

there you can find all the process of redesigner.

even you can find that :P

9004802119.jpg

A World Cup stadium in Itaquera (A.K.A. Far Far Away), are they serious???

No single high class hotel near, no single turistic attraction near, no single good restaurents near, no nothing near! It's a far, very far from Downtown and it's a lower-middle class residencial in the east edge of gigantic Sao Paulo municipality area...

I also think it's a bar-coded copy of Soccer City.

I still prefer Palmeiras' stadium.

A World Cup stadium in Itaquera (A.K.A. Far Far Away), are they serious???

No single high class hotel near, no single turistic attraction near, no single good restaurents near, no nothing near! It's a far, very far from Downtown and it's a lower-middle class residencial in the east edge of gigantic Sao Paulo municipality area...

I also think it's a bar-coded copy of Soccer City.

I still prefer Palmeiras' stadium.

It´s good to know that at least there´s a realistc project and this one seems more feaseble than the Morumbi upgrading or a new construction on Pìrituba.

It´s not that far from downtown as Morumbi or Pirituba or as many people think, actually. There is a large subway / train station there, it takes about 30-35 min from there to downton, 40-50 from Paulista avenue......that would help the region a lot, but....

.... as you said, the location may be a problem...the area lacks services, hotels, restaurants etc etc etc. The subway / train line is the most overcrowded in the world..... and if you consider the most noble districts and main attractions of Sao Paulo, like Ibirapuera, Pinheiros, Vila Olimpia..... yes, it´s REALLY far from them.

If it comes true, it would be great for me, because I live only 10 minutes from that point... heck ! I could go to the stadium by bicycle !!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Some people are saying that it´s in fact this project is not for the World Cup but for Corinthians FC... so we still need to wait to see.

There is nothing wrong with the location of the stadium as long as you provide transportation to get there.

Stade de France is in Saint Denis, pretty far from everything in Paris. Soccer City is in Soweto, Sandton and other high profile neighborhoods in Johannesburg. Not to mention Rose Bowl, in Pasadena.

It is perfectly possible and normal to have new stadia in areas distant from the top commercial and touristic spots in a city.

It is perfectly possible and normal to have new stadia in areas distant from the top commercial and touristic spots in a city.

I agree, build a new stadium near Hopi Hari Theme Park (70 Km far from SP) and it would be nice, Bandeirantes Highway and maybe a new line of train would solve the problem. There are plenty of land to build stadiums there.

----

That red line of SP subway is simply "the hell". And I have huge experience on it. I had a girlfriend who live in Mooca (third station from Downtown) and it was always impossible to ride the first train to arrive no matter the destination, specially during commercial time.

She had some family relatives living in Ferraz de Vasconcellos, near Itaquera, and I promised myself to never go there again by subway and then train... And I went there in sundays only...

Sao Paulo is huge city with lots of places around the metro area to build the stadium. SP doesn't need to build it in a high density residencial area far from Downtown with a crap transportation linking this zone to Downtown. It was the worst idea 'til now. Worst than Morumbi.

Why not build a new stadium in one of the many major highways around Sao Paulo?

projeto_do_estadio_do_corinthians_em_itaquera_-castro_mello_arquitetos-482010-14169-6.jpg

projeto_do_estadio_do_corinthians_em_itaquera_-castro_mello_arquitetos-482010-14168-1.jpg

If true, Corinthians will have a nice stadium...

But Corinthians' stadium is almost a fairy tale: The story comes from long time, but there is no real fact. biggrin.gif

PS: I back Santos FC and hate Corinthians!

Good. There's already a cauldron-like tower outside for eventual multisports events. And it seems it's really inspired in the barcodes. Where does that came from and what does it has to do with Corinthians??

Corinthians Barcode Stadium?

I don't buy it!

PS: Sorry for the double post. I couldn't resist the joke.

Archived