Brazil 2014 World Cup...

The problem is not report things. This is the role any media must do.

BBC is biased against Brazil, I don't know really why... (Brazilian support to Argentina in Falklands issue?)

Shaky relations between FIFA and Brazil? You did read the article?

Brazilian Govt. is mad with all FIFA orders on Brazilian laws, congressmen in Brazil are even talking about "breaking soverignity of Brazil"...

Brazil is not having relation with FIFA

And, c'mon before the election, BBC and British media were so quiet about FIFA and Brazilian World Cup... Suddenly, everything sucks.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've made the mistake before about the BBC being quiet about FIFA and I've corrected it before.Three documentaries in the years before the election on FIFA corruption is not "being quiet" on FIFA. The big documentary on FIFA corruption, the one which we were all talking about on here, was aired one week before the election too. So your logic about the BBC's agenda, as I've pointed out before, is completely flawed. The BBC has been on FIFA's tail over corruption for over a deacde.

Besides, just as the threads on Delhi 2010 weren't meant to be about the BBC, neither is this one.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you just 'give' a country a world cup - without any real or meaningful bid stage. Its the policies of the corrupt president Blatter, who should be shamed, more so than Brazil and CONMEBOL.

Valcke, on this rare occasion (i'm certainly no fan of his), is correct. Brazil need to get moving, before it turns into another Athens 04 event, scrambling to be ready at the last minute.

Brazil is vastly changing and improving, but gee... they sure have a way to go yet.

I think Valcke's role is to press Brazil or any country hosting the World Cup, since he is the one organizing the event, but he can be more kind and formal in his speeches. That's the point.

Again, the problem of Brazil is not money or "capacity" to do things. It's solely our stupid bureaucracy...

Despite of this, I predict an amazing World Cup, with few things still to be completed at the first match...

Globo News made a update report in all host cities of the World Cup 2014.

It's in Portuguese only, but it's good to see footage from all works.

According to the report, the biggest deals to solve are:

Stadiums:

- Restart Porto Alegre stadium works

- Natal is very delayed

Other works:

- Tram system in Cuiaba

- Salvador Metro Train Line 2 (Airport - Touristic Area)

- Guarulhos and Viracopos Airports in Sao Paulo (both will be administrated by private company in May)

- Monorail from Domestic Airport to Hotel area in Sao Paulo

http://g1.globo.com/globo-news/jornal-globo-news/videos/t/todos-os-videos/v/cidades-sede-de-mundial-correm-para-deixar-estadios-prontos/1844443/

CUIABA

43% concluded

cb01c.jpg

RIO DE JANEIRO

35% concluded

rj01.jpg

RECIFE

32% concluded

re01c.jpg

re02y.jpg

re03x.jpg

SÃO PAULO

26% concluded

sp01o.jpg

sp02.jpg

sp03.jpg

NATAL

20% concluded

na01o.jpg

PORTO ALEGRE

* Start of works in Beira Rio expected for next week.

Natal is under works right now, so time is couting, but Porto Alegre is still finishing some details in financing and contracts for restart Sport Club Internacional's "Beira-Rio" stadium wokrs.

(International's "Beira Rio" is the stadium chosen by local authorities as host)...

At least, Porto Alegre city have a nice plan B, since the city have two big football clubs. Gremio FBPA is expected to open its new FIFA-full-standards "Arena do Grêmio" in december 2012.

I'm sure Bezzi can post some information and pics of "Arena do Gremio" here.

Natal is under works right now, so time is couting, but Porto Alegre is still finishing some details in financing and contracts for restart Sport Club Internacional's "Beira-Rio" stadium wokrs. (International's "Beira Rio" is the stadium chosen by local authorities as host)... At least, Porto Alegre city have a nice plan B, since the city have two big football clubs. Gremio FBPA is expected to open its new FIFA-full-standards "Arena do Grêmio" in december 2012. I'm sure Bezzi can post some information and pics of "Arena do Gremio" here.

The stadium is 55% complete. Here is some pictures:

gremio1.jpg

gremio2.jpg

gremio3.jpg

Mascot!!!

tatu_bola.jpg

After a successful campagin in Internet, an armadillo, known in Brazil as Tatu Bola (Portuguese for "ball armadillo"), will be the mascot of the 2014 World Cup.

The FIFA announced that the armadillo will be a little bit different than the normal creature and will have traces of a Japanese cartoon, in Brazilian flag colours.

As much as a real armadillo, the animated armadillo will turn into a football ball.

FIFA explained that the choice for the armadillo is because it inhabits the cerrado region (a kind of savannah vegetation) is in danger or extinction and it turns itself into a ball.

It will be introduced in October and will follow a campagin in Brazil to choose from Internet voting and SMS, the perfect name for the armadillo.

Still, no record for the mascot was made in the international patents and registrations organizations.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2012/03/fifa-escolhe-tatu-bola-como-mascote-mas-ainda-falta-registrar-marca.html

Hope we can have a good mascot, becasue, since the era of computer-generated mascot, the mascots for a lot of events become similar, especially for EURO mascot, where the WB are the designer, all of them just bring a boy or twin boys, depending on how many country is the host, maybe if EURO 2020 host win by 3 countries, then the mascot will triplet boys... :(

Maybe, to make the difference really clear, I think Rio will not use an animal.

Rio-OCOG have been pressing so hard to not link anything from the Games to the World Cup messy organization.

Pereira, the Piranha was funny, at all!

Despite some factual geographic error, since the nearest Piranha fish is located more than 4,000 Km far from Rio, but still I laughed a lot.

About the armadillo, Brazil will use the Tatu Bola (literally Ball Armadillo), a species encountered only in Brazil.

This armadillo becomes really a ball to defend itself, and the pattern of its skin resemble football ones.

Very clever about the story to be told, but I'm just curious how the mascot costume will look like...

(I already worked designing mascot costumes and this will be tough).

Archived