sp06.jpg

City: PORTO ALEGRE

Stadium: BEIRA RIO*

Capacity: 55.000

Cost: US$ 177,4 million (renovation)

Start of works: JUL/2010

End of works: FEB/2013

15% concluded (the work is stopped)

* The club Internacional, owner of the Beira Rio Stadium, changed the method of financing of the work passing the responsibility to a construction company, thus stopping the work. The problem is that months have passed and the contract has not been signed. The club and the construction company said the deal is close, but the deal could not materialize due to lack of partners interested in financing the work or rejection of the contract by the council of the club. In this case, the city is in no danger of being cut off from the world cup because it has a strong plan b. The Grêmio Arena is being built a few miles from Beira Rio in the standard that FIFA requires for a World Cup.

Stadium: ARENA GRÊMIO

Capacity: 54.000

Cost: US$ 177,4 million (renovation)

Start of works: SEP/2010

End of works: DEC/2012

35% concluded

pa01.jpg

pa02.jpg

pa03c.jpg

pa05.jpg

pa06.jpg

City: NATAL

Stadium: ARENA DAS DUNAS

Capacity: 43.000

Cost: US$ 255,6 million (new stadium)

Start of works: AUG/2011

End of works: DEC/2013

7% concluded

na01.jpg

na02.jpg

na03.jpg

na04n.jpg

na05l.jpg

na06.jpg

na07.jpg

City: CURITIBA

Stadium: ARENA DA BAIXADA

Capacity: 42.000

Cost: US$ 105,2 million (renovation)

Start of works: OCT/2011

End of works: MAR/2013

1% concluded

ct01l.jpg

ct02.jpg

ct03.jpg

hey bezzi, where did they published these numbers? (I know about the first partial, but not the latest one you're posting).

These are the numbers in october. The numbers coming out in various sources. Some even make an overview and compare with other cities. Generally the numbers coincide because the sites seek sources directly with the construction companies.

http://www.portal2014.org.br/noticias/8284/CASTELAO+E+O+MAIS+AVANCADO+DA+COPA+DUNAS+E+ITAQUERAO+NA+LANTERNA.html

The site globoesporte.com recently launched a section with more recent numbers. They promised monthly update, then it's a good source to follow.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2011/11/confira-o-panorama-atualizado-das-obras-dos-estadios-para-copa-2014.html

After a strike, Brasilia's National Stadium workers are back to work...

Now the strike "strikes" Pernambuco Arena in Recife...

And we will see this repeated in every single arena for the World Cup... Damn opportunist syndicates...

About Brasilia, a nice report on tourism in the Brazilian capital made New York Times.

Brasilia is a unique city like no other in this planet (literally) and for those who appreciate modernist retro-futuristic archtecture (or the Jetson cartoon), this worth a 10-day visit. If you a regular person, Brasilia is still interesting and fascinating.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/travel/36-hours-in-brasilia-brazil.html?ref=travel

brasilia_foto.jpg

Brasilia is really difrent from other cities... The stadium will host Confederations Cup right?

yes the 2013 Confederations Cup's opening match will be in Brasilia whilst the Semi-Finals will be in Belo Horizonte and Fortaleza. The final will be at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro.

Why is São Paulo so small? I thought minimum capacity for semi-final and opening match was 60 000, am I wrong?

The SC Corinthians Paulista stadium (still not name) in São Paulo will have temporary seats reaching the minimum capacity for both opening and semi-final matches.

• 2 weeks later...

A general panorama about the works for Confederations Cup made by Globo News channel Brazil.

Unfortunatelly, only in Portuguese, but with lots of footage on how the cities and stadiums works.

Also, the program talks about challenges in hotels, transportation, airports and other stuff related to the Confederations Cup, a test tournament to be held in Brazil in 2013.

[media][/media]

Maybe Brasilia is the faster one... I think most of them will be ready by 2013 or 2014. Not next year...

Maybe Brasilia is the faster one... I think most of them will be ready by 2013 or 2014. Not next year...

Long way till 2014 but i can bet you the WC will be won by a european country (not spain) but germany or netherlands, perhaps england...

I'm a reay fan of Brazil venues!!! Hope they will be constructed as they are planed. ;)

Long way till 2014 but i can bet you the WC will be won by a european country (not spain) but germany or netherlands, perhaps england...

I'm a reay fan of Brazil venues!!! Hope they will be constructed as they are planed. ;)

I bet in Brazil... Home advantage and many matches in Northeastern of the country, where people is truly passionate about the national team.

If not: Germany or Spain, if I would bet right now, still 3 years to go, many things changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived