Brazil 2014 World Cup...

Fair enough robh... as we say in brazil you have the "Juris esperniandis" which means in a non-literal translation: the "right to complain".

SO complain as much as you want and I'm not saying this in a condescending way, I'm being sincere here. You should complain everytime you feel attacked.

Anyway, back to the topic:

Aerial view of the works at Itaquere, which will be the place of the Corinthians' Stadium

aerea-1.jpg

aerea-2.jpg

aerea-3.jpg

aerea-4.jpg

aerea-5.jpg

Adding the stadium to the terrain: (Btw, this is the old project, designed before it was selected to be a WC hoster. Some upgrades in the design were made)

maqueteestadiocorinthians-6.jpg

Adding the Itaquera's Educational Hub:

polo-institucional1_1274476291.jpeg

Aerial view with subtitles explaining the buildings in the Hub:

OgAAAI10I4GO1SHCIbw69c84cBBJqUmUD8035GkhnrlYsL3sKTAqCKBWxTS0Nb7bqkxhaHP7u5_xoxcD4K-lWo-dFBsAm1T1UPjOpH9j9jL0JYcRE_iwn6S_T9RL.jpg

4 - Corinthians Stadium.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works in Brasilia at full power.

Capital govt said 35% of the stadium is already built as we can see in this footage:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1587601-7824-BRASILIA+E+A+PRIMEIRA+CIDADA+A+RECEBER+A+VISITA+DE+AVALIACAO+DAS+OBRAS+PARA+COPA+2014,00.html

Brasilia will probably be the host city to open the Confederations Cup in 2013.

Works in Brasilia at full power.

Capital govt said 35% of the stadium is already built as we can see in this footage:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1587601-7824-BRASILIA+E+A+PRIMEIRA+CIDADA+A+RECEBER+A+VISITA+DE+AVALIACAO+DAS+OBRAS+PARA+COPA+2014,00.html Which cities will host the Confederations Cup??

Brasilia will probably be the host city to open the Confederations Cup in 2013.

UPDATE - AUGUST/2011:

75156656.jpg

City: BELO HORIZONTE

Stadium: MINEIRAO

Capacity: 70.000

Cost: US$ 454,9 million (renovation)

Start of works: JUL/2010

End of works: DEC/2012

20% concluded

belohorizonte01.jpg

belohorizonte02.jpg

belohorizonte03.jpg

97107633.jpg

City: BRASÍLIA

Stadium: ESTÁDIO NACIONAL

Capacity: 71.000

Cost: US$ 410,6 million (new stadium)

Start of works: MAR/2010

35% concluded

braslia01.jpg

braslia02.jpg

braslia03.jpg

17387012.jpg

City: CUIABÁ

Stadium: ARENA PANTANAL

Capacity: 43.000

Cost: US$ 284,8 million (new stadium)

Start of works: MAR/2010

26% concluded

cuiab01.jpg

44601860.jpg

City: CURITIBA

Stadium: ARENA DA BAIXADA

Capacity: 42.000

Cost: US$ 105,2 million (renovation)

Start of works: SEP/2011

0% concluded

17019846.jpg

City: FORTALEZA

Stadium: CASTELAO

Capacity: 67.000

Cost: US$ 276,7 million (renovation)

Start of works: OCT/2010

23% concluded

fortaleza01.jpg

fortaleza02.jpg

54525836.jpg

City: MANAUS

Stadium: ARENA AMAZÔNIA

Capacity: 44.000

Cost: US$ 305,7 million (new stadium)

Start of works: JUN/2010

End of works: JUN/2013

19% concluded

manaus01.jpg

manaus02.jpg

manaus03.jpg

37106256.jpg

City: NATAL

Stadium: ARENA DAS DUNAS

Capacity: 45.000

Cost: US$ 255,6 million (new stadium)

Start of works: AUG/2011

End of works: DEC/2013

0% concluded (works will start today)

85428765.jpg

City: PORTO ALEGRE

Stadium: BEIRA RIO

Capacity: 60.000

Cost: US$ 177,4 million (renovation)

Start of works: JUL/2010

15% concluded

16714112.jpg

City: RECIFE

Stadium: ARENA PERNAMBUCO

Capacity: 46.000

Cost: US$ 325,6 million (new stadium)

Start of works: AUG/2010

12% concluded

recife01.jpg

recife02.jpg

recife03.jpg

recife04.jpg

50129123.jpg

City: RIO DE JANEIRO

Stadium: MARACANA

Capacity: 80.000

Cost: US$ 585,5 million (huge renovation)

Start of works: AUG/2010

20% concluded

rio01m.jpg

rio02.jpg

rio04.jpg

60486873.jpg

City: SALVADOR

Stadium: FONTE NOVA

Capacity: 50.000

Cost: US$ 361,7 million (new stadium)

Start of works: OCT/2010

20% concluded

salvador01.jpg

salvador02.jpg

salvador03.jpg

salvador04.jpg

28351019.jpg

City: SAO PAULO

Stadium: ARENA ITAQUERA (real name TBD)

Capacity: 65.000

Cost: US$ 530,7 million (new stadium)

Start of works: MAY/2011

End of works: DEC/2013

5% concluded

sopaulo01.jpg

sopaulo02.jpg

sopaulo03.jpg

sopaulo04.jpg

Bezzi, and how is the roof thing in Maracana. News about the suit in justice?

Not only did the judge denied the request, but she also stated that it was an invalid request, since it has been mostly demolished and it was posing a threat to people and to the structure. In the future, the case is not decided, but the worst that can happen is a request to rebuild the roof as it were. BTW, considering the judges' reasoning, even such a decision is not likely.

Syria disqualified from 2014 FIFA World CupToday, 19 August 2011, FIFA confirmed that the Syrian football team has been disqualified from the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, and that Tajikistan is thereby reinstated into the competition.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee on 17 August declared the first-leg match of the Second Round (Syria-Tajikistan of 23 July 2011) to be lost by Syria by forfeit (0:3) due to an ineligible player in the Syrian team taking part in this match.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee reached the same decision regarding the second leg match (Tajikistan-Syria of 28 July 2011) due to the same ineligible player also taking part in this match.

In conformity with Article 7 of the Regulations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, the Bureau of the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup took the following decisions:

1. The Syrian team is disqualified from the competition, losing their 2nd round knockout phase by forfeit.

2. The Tajikistan team is reinstated in the competition and will thus play in the 3rd round in Group C which resumes as of 2nd September 2011, in replacement of Syria

In accordance with Article 3, paragraph 4 of the Regulations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, these decisions are final and binding, and not subject to appeal.

FIFA

Maracana may suffer "small" delays due a workers strike that is happening for the last week and it's expected to last til next week, when justice will decide if the strike is legal or illegal.

The workers requires private medicare, more money for supermarket buyings (a very ordinary bonus in Brazil), and increasing security, since the strike began when one worker was injured after a barrel burnout.

Let's hope for a solution as soon as possible.

Maracana is the second stadium to suffer strikeout. Mineirao is the first.

And, actually, all stadiums will suffer of this, since workers have a strong appeal to ask what they want: threaten the World Cup organization.

This render is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brasilia National Stadium is my favorite venue for the World Cup by far!

Second in my fav list is Castelao in Fortaleza, also very nice project. :)

FIFA members impressed with the speed of the work to construct the Corinthians Stadium, which will most likely be the host of the Opening Game!

Article in portuguese:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2011/08/comitiva-da-fifa-faz-vistoria-na-obra-do-estadio-do-corinthians-em-itaquera.html

FIFA members: comitiva1.jpg.jpg

Pics of some of the work already done there:

jcxah.jpg

70948624.jpg

Blatter wants 2014 opener at Rio's Maracana

AFP RIO DE JANEIRO — FIFA president Sepp Blatter has called for the opening match of the 2014 World Cup to be played at Brazil's most famous football stadium - the Maracana in Rio - and not in Sao Paulo.

"Brazilian football is Rio. And for the world, Rio is the most attractive city to open the World Cup without any doubt at all," the head of the sport's world governing body said in an interview with Sunday's edition of Estado de Sao Paulo.

"Given that the press centre and the FIFA organisation will be based in Rio, it seems that this town is the most suitable for staging the opening match."

The official announcement on where the first match of the tournament will be played will be made in October.

In the interview, Blatter lashed out at Brazilian politicians, including the president Dilma Rousseff, saying that internal disputes between "mayors, governors and the federal government" had complicated the organisation of the tournament.

"It was easier for the Brazilian football federation to work with (ex-president Luiz Inacio) Lula (da Silva) than with Dilma Rousseff," he said, refusing to expand on his comment.

The 75-year-old, who never played the game professionally, also delivered a damning judgement on the current Brazil team which will be hoping to mark the first World Cup on home soil with a sixth title.

"I followed closely the under-20s. Brazil won and I applauded them but they don't play a Brazilian brand of football...We saw what happened in 2010...Brazil lost," he said.

He also waved away the allegations of corruption that have swarmed around FIFA before and after the announcement that Russia would host the 2018 World Cup and Qatar the 2022 edition.

"We have some bad losers inside FIFA," said Blatter who went on to describe "the animosity of England" since it lost the right to host the 2018 World Cup.

"Some of the senior members of FIFA have not behaved well and I have started to act. I am asking for some time. I will announce new measures on October 21."

AFP

I would laugh years in a row if Rio (or any other) hosts the open and the final match...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, at the same time I don't want Rio host the opening match. I do think it's unfair with nice candidates like Belo Horizonte and Brasilia (specially the second) who could put a nice party for opening match!

I would laugh years in a row if Rio (or any other) hosts the open and the final match...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, at the same time I don't want Rio host the opening match. I do think it's unfair with nice candidates like Belo Horizonte and Brasilia (specially the second) who could put a nice party for opening match!

What happened to Sepp's wish for an opener in the Amazon?

... actually, forget it. It's Sepp. He changes his mind as often as his underwear!

Archived