Brazil 2014 World Cup...

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it seems it's really inspired in the barcodes. Where does that came from and what does it has to do with Corinthians??

Corinthians Barcode Stadium?

I don't buy it!

I see the reason of the "barcode" thing.

The biggest part of Corinthians fans are in prisons or... behind the bars...

Just a perfect choice for them!!! laugh.gifohmy.giflaugh.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

If true, Corinthians will have a nice stadium...

But Corinthians' stadium is almost a fairy tale: The story comes from long time, but there is no real fact. biggrin.gif

PS: I back Santos FC and hate Corinthians!

Corinthians has been planning to build a stadium since the 50´s. It never happened and it will never happen.

I do like this Pacaembu project.

Pacaembu is in a nice area of Sao Paulo, very centrical and the stadium already have the Soccer/Football Museum.

I hope this project comes true.

The tender of Maracana is over. The contract is already signed and Odebrecht, who won the bid, will start the works next week. On monday the entire lower sector of stands will be closed and the capacity will be reduced to 45000. The stadium should be closed completely in October or December.

I do like this Pacaembu project.

Pacaembu is in a nice area of Sao Paulo, very centrical and the stadium already have the Soccer/Football Museum.

I hope this project comes true.

Yes, yes.... great idea. That would, obviously, be the best choice for the city. An upgrading for Pacaembu

I was skeptic about this idea just due to the size of the complex. I simply couldn´t see what could be done do Pacaembu, since the stadium occupies a rather small area for a 60000 or so upgrading. The project seems nice.

If they can cope with all the bureaucratic things involving changes in a city heritage site protected by law......

Still, the Morumbi stadium still seems as the first option. Let´s see what´s gonna happen

• 2 weeks later...

It's confirmed, the opening of World Cup will be held in new Corinthians' stadium in Itaquera district (a.k.a. Far Far Away).

Congrats, Sao Paulo, the worst idea has won! What a trash send the opening of the world cup to a district that is halfway to hell... mad.gif

I can imagine how turists will be "amazed" to see the Radial Leste beautiful landscape in route to the stadium.

Sao Paulo didn't deserved it!! Pacaembu project was so nice and charming!

Shame!

You know, I've never realized before how the screens in Maracanã are small compared to the rest of the stadium. I wonder if they'll be replaced for the World Cup or the Olympics. :blink:

At first I thought they were playing some dramatic music over the video of Fonte Nova being imploded, but then I realized it was the sound of the explosives going off XD

It's confirmed, the opening of World Cup will be held in new Corinthians' stadium in Itaquera district (a.k.a. Far Far Away).

Congrats, Sao Paulo, the worst idea has won! What a trash send the opening of the world cup to a district that is halfway to hell... mad.gif

I can imagine how turists will be "amazed" to see the Radial Leste beautiful landscape in route to the stadium.

Shame!

btw its not official, we will know next year only.

Today Salvador joined to bid for the 2014 WC Opening along with SP, Brasilia, and Belo Horizonte.

btw its not official, we will know next year only.

Today Salvador joined to bid for the 2014 WC Opening along with SP, Brasilia, and Belo Horizonte.

With or without the opening ceremony a stadium in Itaquera is not the best choice, Lopes.

I agree Corinthians club is the only with lobby power to attract investors for the stadium, but in Itaquera? C'mon!

Let's see the positive side: Itaquera already have a subway station that will be linked to stadium.

But, if SP wants to show a good image of the city, serious refurbshments MUST be done in the area.

Shame!

Calm down, my friend. There´s still too much to go on about that.

Forget all that Folha de Sao Paulo sensacionalism. The only official information is that Corinthians is lauching a plan to build a 48.000 seats stadium and IF it comes true, then the Committee will use it for the World Cup. Of course it will neither host the opening game nor a semifinal. So the background for Sao Paulo in the WC will be the same if Morumbi was to be used.

But they don´t even have a project. The picture above has nothing to do with a possible construction. They still don´t have the money and it´s not clear where the money will come from.

The only thing they have now are concept draws of what the Stadium whould (or should) be. People are still waiting the official announcement about the stadium.

Well, that was for sure the worst idea, but it´s better than nothing. At least public money won´t be used and, IF it comes true, I will be able to watch some WC matches at only 15 minutes from where I live ! :lol:

But if it´s not going to happen... then it will be a real shame for CBF, Corinthians and the Paulista Committee.

As a paulistano, I feel skeptical about that. Will they have the money ? Or not ?

The new Corinthians Stadium (official world cup venue):

maqueteestadiocorinthians-662.jpg

maqueteestadiocorinthians62.jpg

Not bad but do not see it as a opening stadium. It is too simple. I prefer the opening in Brasilia.

Fonte Nova Stadium implosion captured in 3D for National Geographic

The Parallax Film Productions crew has uploaded stills and footage from the climax of our first 3D documentary production for National Geographic – the Fonte Nova Stadium implosion in Salvador, Brazil.

There were a few challenges leading up to the event – last-minute rigging as stereographer Sean White positioned some 20 camera systems, many custom made, to capture the explosive demolition in stereo for the series Blowdown:

Once the camera units were all in place, the crew moved out of the arena and took position on the other side of the safety perimeter.

And a siren meant to signal the five-minute warning for the implosion continued to go off as the stadium came down – you can hear it as Ian Herring films the demolition with his Lumix:

But the overall mission – to capture the first ever implosion in stereo for international broadcast – was an explosive success.

All camera systems were rolling when the arena came down, including several kill cams positioned inside the stadium to capture unprecedented 3D footage ultra close.

Then the crew hustled to get post-Blowdown interviews and dig kill cam footage out of the massive debris pile – success!

Next they took a bit of time to relax before tackling one epic gear pack-up.

They’ll make their way back to Vancouver, Canada tomorrow.

Now we’re adrift in the quasi calm before another stereo storm …

Once the footage arrives back, our post production journey into the third dimension begins.

What a ride.

The new Corinthians Stadium (official world cup venue):

Not bad but do not see it as a opening stadium. It is too simple. I prefer the opening in Brasilia.

This is ugly ! Seems too simple for a World Cup Stadium. :angry:

I´d rather stick with the bar-code stadium. A lot more stylish....

Now I´m sure that the opening is not going to be hosted in Sao Paulo

All of this just confirm the fact that Morumbi exclusion was just political and nothing else. They changed a cheaper refurbishment project for a bigger Stadium for a more expansive project for a smaller stadium. Seems weird. But after all it´s the WC in Brazil, so weird decisions are common, based much more upon personal feelings than intelligence.

Now there are some rumors that Fifa and CBF may provide funding for an upgrade of this project, to increase the capacity to 68000 (then enable it for the Opening...). Strange. Why didn´t they do the same with the Morumbi project ? And now are going to do with the SCCP project ?:angry::angry: Grrrr... what a mess they´re doing.

I hope this is not going to happen and we´re having just this smaller stadium for group and round-of-16 games, and that´s all we will have.

I prefer the opening in Brasilia too.

The plans for the National Stadium of Brasilia is simply wonderful!!!

Me too! Brasilia for the opening. After all, that´s the capital of Brazil and one of our most iconic cities.

Archived