Brazil 2014 World Cup...

The draw for the qualifying rounds of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has been moved back six months to July 31, 2011, officials said on Thursday.

Ricardo Teixeira, president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), said the decision was made in order to take account of the qualifying tournament for the Asian Confederation.

The venue for the draw, which was originally slated for January 30 next year, still has to be decided.

According to Teixeira, a local organising committee for the next World Cup has also yet to be formed.

The 2014 tournament will be staged from June 13 to July 13, 2014, in 12 venues across Brazil.

http://supersport.com/football/international/news/100708/2014_World_Cup_draw_moved_back

Brazil 2014 World Cup head says plans now on track

JOHANNESBURG — Brazil's top soccer official says preparations for the 2014 World Cup are back on track just two months after FIFA publicly criticized organizers for missing deadlines.

Ricardo Teixeira says the situation is "completely different" to when FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke described Brazil's lack of progress as "amazing."

Brazil got hosting rights six years ago, but has barely begun building and renovating the 12 stadiums it needs. Federation head Teixeira says work has started at some venues and budgets are fixed for this year, but did not cite any specifics.

Teixeira says talks are continuing on where matches will be played in Sao Paulo after Morumbi Stadium was dropped last month, and Curitiba's status as a host city is being discussed.

AP

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definitely be based in Rio and will travel to other cities from there using high speed trains?

I will also need to preview the city before I return for the Olympic Games in 2016, as preparation for the 2020 Games in Cape Town.

Journey to Brazil 2014 begins

This evening at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, the Official Emblem for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ was unveiled in the presence of Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, President of the Brazil 2014 Organising Committee and FIFA Executive Committee member Ricardo Teixeira, FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter as well as former Seleção players Cafu, Carlos Alberto Torres, Romario and 1994 FIFA World Cup™ winning coach Carlos Alberto Parreira.

FIFA and the Brazil LOC invited 25 Brazilian-based agencies to submit designs for the Official Emblem of the 2014 tournament and the task of picking the winner was awarded to a high-profile seven-strong judging panel. The panel was made up of one of the most influential figures in Brazilian architecture Oscar Niemeyer, designer Hans Donner, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, author Paulo Coelho, singer Ivete Sangalo as well as Ricardo Teixeira and FIFA Secretary General Jérôme Valcke.

The winning design was “Inspiration”, created by Brazilian agency Africa. The design stems from an iconic photograph of three victorious hands together raising the world’s most famous trophy. As well as depicting the humanitarian notion of hands interlinking, the portrayal of the hands is also symbolic of the yellow and green of Brazil warmly welcoming the world to their country.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/brazil2014/media/newsid=1270440.html

And here's the logo for the 2014 World Cup:

1596961-4317-atm14.jpg

I think it's OK...

yes its Ok

but it could be better :P

Journey to Brazil 2014 begins

This evening at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, the Official Emblem for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ was unveiled in the presence of Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, President of the Brazil 2014 Organising Committee and FIFA Executive Committee member Ricardo Teixeira, FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter as well as former Seleção players Cafu, Carlos Alberto Torres, Romario and 1994 FIFA World Cup™ winning coach Carlos Alberto Parreira.

FIFA and the Brazil LOC invited 25 Brazilian-based agencies to submit designs for the Official Emblem of the 2014 tournament and the task of picking the winner was awarded to a high-profile seven-strong judging panel. The panel was made up of one of the most influential figures in Brazilian architecture Oscar Niemeyer, designer Hans Donner, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, author Paulo Coelho, singer Ivete Sangalo as well as Ricardo Teixeira and FIFA Secretary General Jérôme Valcke.

The winning design was "Inspiration", created by Brazilian agency Africa. The design stems from an iconic photograph of three victorious hands together raising the world's most famous trophy. As well as depicting the humanitarian notion of hands interlinking, the portrayal of the hands is also symbolic of the yellow and green of Brazil warmly welcoming the world to their country.

http://www.fifa.com/...id=1270440.html

yes its Ok

but it could be better tongue.gif

I hated it. Seems a very, very amateur job.

And about the construction progress, we are very very late. Any of the projects have started yet.

I will definitely be based in Rio and will travel to other cities from there using high speed trains?

I will also need to preview the city before I return for the Olympic Games in 2016, as preparation for the 2020 Games in Cape Town.

Probably not. There´s a project for a high speed train between Rio and Sao Paulo but it´s unlikely to be finished until 2016, or further. You´ll have to travel by bus or plane

For me, the logo screams ''The world cup will be ours this time in 2014'' :lol: And like Olympian2004 said, i tought all the FIFA logos had to be put inside that white box and the WC logo (from 2002). Maybe they realized it looked a bit repetitive.

What will Perreira, the psychic piranha, say about it?? :blink:

He is busy picking between flags in this World Cup... But, different than Paul, every single match, he picked the wrong flag...

For USA v England match, for example, Pereira picked the flag of a decorative ship in his aquarium...

Poor Pereira... tongue.gif

1 - No passenger trains crossing Brazil. The best way to travel nationwide is by plane, since some state capitals are really far from the others.

For example from Porto Alegre to Manaus is over 4,000 Km. Indeed, Manaus metro area has no Highways linking the city to the rest of Brazil. It's the most isolated metro area in the world, in the middle of Amazon forest.

Buses are a great option near the coast of Brazil, specially in South and Southeastern regions. Buses in Brazil are very comfortable and cheap. And also you see great landscape during the travels.

2 - Rio 2016 and Cape Town 2020! Fantastic!!! wink.gif I'm planing to visit SA and be there in 2020 Olympics, for sure!

1 - No passenger trains crossing Brazil. The best way to travel nationwide is by plane, since some state capitals are really far from the others.

For example from Porto Alegre to Manaus is over 4,000 Km.

Well, there are plans to connect Sao Paulo and Rio via high-speed rail, but only the first part from Campinas to Sao Paulo is planned to be in operation by 2014. The Sao Paulo - Rio part is planned to be completed for the Olympics. Though it seems to be far from certain that it will be done in time.

They have released the logos' animation intro! To be honest, it's growing on me pretty fast =]

They have released the logos' animation intro! To be honest, it's growing on me pretty fast =]

The commercial presented to the entire world as part of FIFA broadcasting, during the final match of 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa.

A must-see.

@ Danny,

I hope you can help me - on the German wikipedia is an article about the Maracana stadium and in the discussion forum is a dispute about two issues:

1.)

in one part it is said that it should be refurbished for the WC2014 with ca. 165-170 Million Euros - in another part it is said that it should be refurbished for 210 Million Euro

that is conflicting - do you know what is right?

2.)

it is said in another part that in November 2006 the capacity will be finally 96.000 people - but in another part it is said that for the WC2014 the capacity will be reduced from 88.000 to 83.000

this is contrary too - do you know what the background of these different numbers is?

do you know what the background of these different numbers is?

According to TV Globo last report, made in July 14th, Maracana refurbshment will cost R$ 720 million (about EUR 311 million).

The maximum attendande will be 76,000.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2010/07/maracana-continua-sem-ter-data-certa-para-que-seja-fechado-aos-torcedores.html

Well, but these numbers always changes. I'm not sure these are the final ones.

I hope I've helped since Wikipedia requires the source for the information posted there. Maybe this Globo's report helps. =]

Well, there are plans to connect Sao Paulo and Rio via high-speed rail, but only the first part from Campinas to Sao Paulo is planned to be in operation by 2014. The Sao Paulo - Rio part is planned to be completed for the Olympics. Though it seems to be far from certain that it will be done in time.

I'm just anxious to have the train ready! It will be amazing to travel from Sao Paulo to Rio in a high-speed train!

It's sad we don't have too many passenger rail lines in Brazil, but there are plans to change it in the future. =]

According to TV Globo last report, made in July 14th, Maracana refurbshment will cost R$ 720 million (about EUR 311 million).

The maximum attendande will be 76,000.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2010/07/maracana-continua-sem-ter-data-certa-para-que-seja-fechado-aos-torcedores.html

Well, but these numbers always changes. I'm not sure these are the final ones.

I hope I've helped since Wikipedia requires the source for the information posted there. Maybe this Globo's report helps. =]

thanks for your help Danny...

:)

@Bezzi: At least according to wikipedia, Brazil has decided against hosting the 2015 Copa America. Apparently, it's not decided yet what will happen, a likely szenario is that Brazil will swap with Chile (Chile 2015 & Brazil 2019 then).

And regarding max attendance: There's a difference between World Cup capacity and regular capacity. At the World Cup, a couple of thousand of seats get turned into an auxilary media tribune, seats with bad sight might not get sold at all and I believe a number of seats get reassigned as VIP seats, which don't count for the World Cup capacity. Which is why the World Cup capacity of Soccer City was 84k instead of 94k, Loftus Versfeld (Pretoria) was 43k instead of 52k. Usually, the capacity published beforehand is post-WC-capacity, but my guess would be that 76k for Maracana is already reduced. Apart from that, I'd guess that the numbers will continue fluctuate a bit at least as long as the tenders aren't over and the actual work started.

@Bezzi: At least according to wikipedia, Brazil has decided against hosting the 2015 Copa America. Apparently, it's not decided yet what will happen, a likely szenario is that Brazil will swap with Chile (Chile 2015 & Brazil 2019 then).

The host of the Copa America are defined by rotation in alphabetical order. Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia... Argentina will host the next in 2011. The 2015 would be in Brazil. The question is that CONMEBOL allows the inversion of the hosts if there are problems of infrastructure or even political agreements between countries. Brazil, for having already secured the World Cup, had made an agreement with Chile to host the Copa America in 2015, however, a terrible earthquake devastated some cities of the country. The Chilean government now gives priority to rebuild the affected cities. Bolivia also argued that if Brazil gave up, it's your turn according to the rotation. CONMEBOL, to avoid problems he considered Mexico as host in case of withdrawal from Brazil, but in an interview in South Africa, the president of CBF said the new coach of Brazil will have much pressure, because it will play at "home" The World Cup, Copa America and the Olympics. CONMEBOL still not officially confirmed which country will host 2015.

Archived