Brazil 2014 World Cup...

Since I'm complexed about Sao Paulo (son of paulistas, married with a paulista, working in SP), so, whatever... May SP have what it deserves.

Explain to me why "São Paulo have other priorities" means "SP is better" then...

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last comment: Cancel Formula One races in Sao Paulo and uses this money in Sao Paulo priorities.

Sao Paulo doesn't need Formula One.

Explain to me why "São Paulo have other priorities" means "SP is better" then...

For any city in the world, a stadium for some World Cup would be a priority for the city...

If I would complexed about Sao Paulo, probably I would be happy. Indeed, because the media is saying Rio will host both opening and final match.

I'm complexed about Sao Paulo (son of paulista, married with a paulista, working in SP).

Really, Feheva, whatever... May SP have what it deserves.

It's really not a problem of mine.

I'm only interested about how Santos city will be part of the World Cup.

You have the right to wish a new modern stadium in SP funded by public funds, but I'm just asking you to think if it would be really good for the city despite you think it would be good for you.

I'm interested about most host cities, since most of them will make use of resourses from a federal institution (BNDES).

You have the right to wish a new modern stadium in SP funded by public funds, but I'm just asking you to think if it would be really good for the city despite you think it would be good for you.

I'm interested about most host cities, since most of them will make use of resourses from a federal institution (BNDES).

It will be good for the city. A soccer stadium in Sao Paulo will never become a white elephant, you know that. And a modern stadium can be used a multi-event arean. For a huge market as Sao Paulo is, a new modern multi-arena complex will be really used. It's not a expense. It's an investment for the city. Indeed investment in marketing.

About the other host cities, you should not be worried: the money will be paied back to BNDES with interest rates. So don't say you are worried about federal expenses.

Again, I'm really excited about Palmeiras-Palestra Italia project. It's the best solution for Sao Paulo by now. A private stadium funded by private money. But if Palmeiras project is not good enough, Sao Paulo MUST build a stadium with public money.

Last comment: Cancel Formula One races in Sao Paulo and uses this money in Sao Paulo priorities.

Sao Paulo doesn't need Formula One.

Comon Danny!

Formula One takes place every year and the track is already there... WC takes place, perhaps twice ina century in the same country and, most certanly, a stadium won't be used twice without major renovations...

For any city in the world, a stadium for some World Cup would be a priority for the city...

Why? How can you be so sure about it? Are all countries the same? Do all of the countries are under the same political and economic circunstances?

If I would complexed about Sao Paulo, probably I would be happy. Indeed, because the media is saying Rio will host both opening and final match.

I said perhaps is a personal complex and you still haven't explained to me how "São Paulo have other priorities" means "SP is better"... Don't worry, I won't talk about it anymore...

It will be good for the city. A soccer stadium in Sao Paulo will never become a white elephant, you know that. And a modern stadium can be used a multi-event arean. For a huge market as Sao Paulo is, a new modern multi-arena complex will be really used. It's not a expense. It's an investment for the city. Indeed investment in marketing.

It won't be a white elephant and it may make some profit, but this is not the question Danny!

Is it the best way to invest public money? Is it the best way to have finantial and social resturns?

About the other host cities, you should not be worried: the money will be paied back to BNDES with interest rates. So don't say you are worried about federal expenses.

Well, all this BNDES money could go the better investments for the nation. For me it is like Federal Government is a bad investor, even though it could make some profit, therefore comprimising the development's spped of the country. And don't forget the money will be paind back with BNDES's interests, well below comercial interests and SELIC's rates...

IAgain, I'm really excited about Palmeiras-Palestra Italia project. It's the best solution for Sao Paulo by now. A private stadium funded by private money. But if Palmeiras project is not good enough, Sao Paulo MUST build a stadium with public money.

I'm also excited about Palmeiras' arena and I hope it will host SP's matches. São Paulo MUST do whatever is the best for the city and, form me, a new stadium isn't the best...

I understand your point of view, Dannyel. And I also think that what people are saying on media about this finacial matter is baloney. Just checking out the BILLIONS of dollars that are being invested on subway lines, highway rings, parks and bus terminals ... anyone would wonder what would prevent them to spent U$ 500 or so million in a stadium. It´s just a political matter and nothing more that is preventing Morumbi to be used for the World Cup.

I also understand Goverment´s decision in not spending public money in something that the city actually don´t need right now. They´re just being autere and serious with the resources they´re managing. I support this decision. Of course if they come with a stadium, they´ll need find options to make it an active venue. The only option I could see right now is a concession therm for Corinthians. But if they do that, Pacaembu would be abandoned, just like the Ibirapuera stadium is right now. (the stadium, not the gimnasium)

You know, this is like a two lane road... for any option there are ups and downs. Either one or another decision would anger certain groups. All we can do now is wait, but you can be sure that the solution won´t please a lot of people.

by the way... do you think they could do anything with this ? The pitch sure is very large, but the actual capacity is only 14.000:

801e056a-ec7f-3582-bd6f-5284baad79b4.jpg

by the way... do you think they could do anything with this ? The pitch sure is very large, but the actual capacity is only 14.000:

801e056a-ec7f-3582-bd6f-5284baad79b4.jpg

The Ibirapuera track is the home of athletics in SP and one of Brazil's. If something is done to it, the athletes will need a new place to train...

However I agree it could be better used, although it is already used for concerts... I was there at the Rolling Stone + Bob Dylan's concert...

You know, this is like a two lane road... for any option there are ups and downs.

This I agree totally.

Well, I think it would be sad for SP if the city be out of the World Cup.

I've already showed my point, read yours and Feheva's. And nobody will change our minds. So...

So...

There will be a new meeting right after this WC among the local comitee, CBF and both state and city governments. Let´s see what are they going to do....

as we say here.... "there are yet much water to flow...."

There was so much about this Morumbi issue that I almos forgot the situation of the other cities. Has any of them already started to work on their stadiums?

I sense that we´re late. everything must be ready by 2013, for the Confederations Cup!

There will be a new meeting right after this WC among the local comitee, CBF and both state and city governments. Let´s see what are they going to do....

as we say here.... "there are yet much water to flow...."

There was so much about this Morumbi issue that I almos forgot the situation of the other cities. Has any of them already started to work on their stadiums?

I sense that we´re late. everything must be ready by 2013, for the Confederations Cup!

Minor works started in every single host city. But MINOR... This is still not good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that 3 years is a enough time to deliver a stadium. But I agree, works must start now, because 2 years is a tight time to deliver the stadia.

This is fake. This logo was made by a guy in Cuiaba as a proposal.

so y did they use this in the article? anyways id rather go with this one than the cup logo.

reminded me the movies trailer RIO i saw in the theater this week.very creative

Just how realistic is a completely new project in Sao Paulo anyway? I mean, planning started about 3 years ago, host citys were selected last year, the original deadline for construction to start was January... I have trouble to believe that Sao Paulo will be given the chance to start from the scratch, that could only work if they already have a project with finances secured, plans done and construction to start within a month or 2. I'm not too well informed, but I don't think there's any project besides the rejected "Morumbi light" and the Palestra Italia that's far enough to have a chance.

Guest saltcover

Just how realistic is a completely new project in Sao Paulo anyway? I mean, planning started about 3 years ago, host citys were selected last year, the original deadline for construction to start was January... I have trouble to believe that Sao Paulo will be given the chance to start from the scratch, that could only work if they already have a project with finances secured, plans done and construction to start within a month or 2. I'm not too well informed, but I don't think there's any project besides the rejected "Morumbi light" and the Palestra Italia that's far enough to have a chance.

I think the real news about Sao Paulo will come after the end of World Cup South Africa 2010. Anything said before that will be only a hoax.

so y did they use this in the article? anyways id rather go with this one than the cup logo.

This site seems to be not trustable and this logo was shown on Orkut as a proposal.

I've seen this logo before, at least, 2 years ago.

The only real info about the logo was that ugly trophy unveiled by TV Globo last month.

Yes, it's a mistake made by Meio & Mensagem magazine.

This logo was made in a Forums Comp (just like ours here) for the website Brainstorm9. It's a designers-related site in Brazil.

Gabriel Nielsen's proposal became a little bit famous in this site. Probably based on this, some intern of M&M magazine googled the logo and thought it was the real one. Poor guy.

Anyway, as I said before, I've already seen this logo, at least 2 years ago, and the funny thing is that I often visit this site.

The complete report on how Meio & Mensagem made the mistake is next:

http://www.brainstorm9.com.br/diversos/ou-o-gabriel-nielsen-ficou-famoso-ou-esse-e-nosso-case-cocadaboa/

I think the real news about Sao Paulo will come after the end of World Cup South Africa 2010. Anything said before that will be only a hoax.

As far as I´ve been searching, by now there´s nothing official. But both city and state governors insist to say that they won´t be allowing public money to be spent in a new stadium

I am planning to visit Brazil for this WC. Its going to be insane.

Did you get to any Brazil games Mo? I remember at Sydney 2000, the Brazilians were amongst the best and most fun supporters - especially at the Beach Volleyball.

I am planning to visit Brazil for this WC. Its going to be insane.

You will be very welcomed here.

If you need some tips, assistance or help on planning your trip, it will be a pleasure to help.

You can count on me =]

When you come, be sure to at least attend a game at Maracana Stadium and spent a few days in Rio. DO NOT miss this chance, the city is amazing !

And don't miss Foz do Iguaçu falls too!!!

It's a jewel in the border of Brazil-Argentina.

It's a 2-mile long fall with multiple cascades!!!

570848_78701629_iguazu.jpg

Archived