Brazil 2014 World Cup...

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red in the logo does not match the original image in grayscale. When converted, the result is this:

imagemtaa.jpg

I think the logo will look like that:

taa2.jpg

Aside from representing Brazil, the different colors of the hands represent the diversity of races and cultures present in Brazil.

I liked the logo. it symbolizes the FIFA cup in a more original way than those used in 2002 and 2006. I also liked that he is not stuck to the standard layout of FIFA. This gives more freedom to the logo.

I do not like this layout but I think the logo will be inserted into it because it lacks the famous phrase: "FIFA World Cup." but the layout may change for 2014. FIFA calls since 2002 that the logo will bring any reference to the trophy. The layout for 2010 with the trophy is no longer necessary because the logo itself is the trophy. I tried to fit the the logo in the frame but not "fits" perfectly into it. Unless you are placed on some details like this:

logo2yb.jpg

I think Brazilian media unveiled the concept but not the final logo...

There still missing lots of things in this logo. Where is "Fifa World Cup" lettering?

My bet: it's a sketch. The concpet will be like this, but the final logo will be something improved.

I think Brazilian media unveiled the concept but not the final logo...

There still missing lots of things in this logo. Where is "Fifa World Cup" lettering?

My bet: it's a sketch. The concpet will be like this, but the final logo will be something improved.

hmm so it'd be like Madrids '16 little hand, the final design was reallly good

What's with the magenta hand? Who are the Magenta people of Brazil? blink.gif

Baron, I think it's red in the logo (that one unveiled by Brazilian Press).

The country name "Brazil" meaning is disputed, but the official version say that the name come from the tree "Pau-Brasil" or Brazilwood in English.

Brazilwood was used to make a kind of red paint at that time.

In Portuguese brazilwood is called pau-brasil, with the word brasil commonly given the etymology "red like an ember", formed from Latin brasa ("ember") and the suffix -il (from -iculum or -ilium).

Sailors who traded brazilwood from Brazil to Europe believed that the land's name had come from the tree, and thus popularized this notion. It has, however, also been claimed that this hypothesis was erroneous

Font: Wikipedia

Indeed, the Brazil coat of arms correct this mistake about the red in National Colours of Brazil.

Red is actually in the coat of arms, a reference to the name Brazil.

Coat_of_arms_of_Brazil.png

For Brazilians:

it seems the logo was made to pay honour to a great Brazilian kardecist:

logocopa2014_chicoxavier.jpg

LOL!!!

I saw this first. Now I cannot look at the Brazil World Cup 2014 logo without seeing someone holding their face in their hands.....

Not only that, but it's weird since in Soccer you're not supposed to touch the ball with your hands as well.

Overhauling Maracana expected to cost 2014 World Cup organizers US$393 million

By The Associated Press (CP)

RIO DE JANEIRO — Officials say overhauling Rio de Janeiro's huge Maracana Stadium for the 2014 World Cup will cost more than US$390 million.

Marcia Lins, Rio de Janeiro state sports and tourism secretary, told the O Globo newspaper that the stadium's renovation will begin in August and end in December 2012.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jCrCqgnUdBOMoYzQ_NgnE9hwjtpg

Danny, y do you keep saying that what's been released are merely sketches? What- they're trying to gauge public reaction with a prelim version? I never heard of such a thing.

That's just it and there was a leak --as there always are.

I'm OK with it. Not too ambitious but why with hands? Shouldn't it be feet?

It is the real thing. The Brazilian press got it because the LOC requested its registration as a trade mark in Switzerland. Besides, the logo will be released before the end of the 2010 WC, so it would be too late to test it.

Danny, y do you keep saying that what's been released are merely sketches? What- they're trying to gauge public reaction with a prelim version? I never heard of such a thing.

Brazilian media discovered the logo not LOC unveiled it officially...

As aluz said: "The Brazilian press got it because the LOC requested its registration as a trade mark in Switzerland."

IMO, the registration of trade has the basic shapes. Indeed, the first document Brazilian media got was in Black/White.

But some officials already confirmed that logo will be like it.

Anyway, Baron, it's my opinion... and hope. smile.gif

PS: I like the concept, I don't like the final result.

It is sooooo ugly. I liked Germany2006 and SouthAfrica2010. But Brazil2014...Blah

I'm OK with it. Not too ambitious but why with hands? Shouldn't it be feet?

This is the WC Maradona should be manager at!!! ;)

Another Logo?

Besides the logo of the World Cup 2014, FIFA also recorded in the OHIM another image that looks much like a representation of Sugarloaf Mountain, a famous tourist spot in Brazil. Follow the image below:

001694563_0001_1_source.jpg

On the website of the Office of Trademarks and Design Registration of European Union is also possible to see the mascot of 2011 Womans World Cup, which will be held in Germany.

001689159_0001_1_source.jpg

by thiago lavinas from globoesporte.com

^^

DannyelBrazil can be right! What was registered can be only the concept and not the final artwork. This office is a joke. The guys can not keep any secret. Will end up taking a process by FIFA :D

Here:

logo2014.jpg

But you just covered up that 'swirly' thing with the Cup drawing...so what good is that? I mean the 'swirly' thing...how can it be a logo for a Nationwide event if it only represents, as you said, Sugarloaf Mountain? And then also, where is the Christ on it?

U have too much time on your hands, Bezzi.

Archived