Brazil 2014 World Cup...

Brasília's roof reminds me a lot of Soccer City. With all the empty spaces in the frame. Quite pretty if you ask me. Brasília's Stadium has so far been my favorite so far.

for me that does nor look like a stadium, too weird and too "sophisticated" "brasilias cathedral" looking, maybe too glassy? Idk I just don't like the design. If they were going for innovation, they went the opposite way. Manaus and cuiaba, just stunning.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some updates on preparations for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil:

The LOC is inspecting the 2014 host cities. Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia have already been visited.

tn_620_600_Vistoria_Arena_AR.jpg

tn_600_580_Vistoria_Arena_2_AR.jpg

^^ Arena da Baixada in Curitiba during inspection.

Brasília started today the dismantling of the old Mané Garrincha Stadium

braslia1.jpg

braslia2.jpg

The works in cuiabá:

cuiab1.jpg

cuiab2.jpg

cuiab3.jpg

Host cities status:

Public stadiums:

Manaus:

Works started

Cuiabá:

Works started

Belo Horizonte:

Works started

Salvador:

Works started

Brasília:

Tender ongoing, demolition works started

Fortaleza:

Tender ongoing

Recife:

Tender ongoing

Rio de Janeiro:

Tender expected for may 20, minor works started

Natal:

Tender expected for may 30

Private stadiums:

Curitiba:

Minor works started

Porto Alegre:

minor works started

São Paulo:

minor works started, awaiting approval of new project

* According to the host cities.

the launch of the official logo is expected for June 08, just before the start of World Cup 2010.

It looks like most stadiums will be built in zones where stadiums are small and will be replaced by bigger ones, it's a little surprisingly cause I've seen big Brazilian stadiums in Copa Libertadores, so this will be interesting and great to see :D

I can't wait to see the logo :D

It looks like most stadiums will be built in zones where stadiums are small and will be replaced by bigger ones, it's a little surprisingly cause I've seen big Brazilian stadiums in Copa Libertadores, so this will be interesting and great to see :D

Bigger stadiums are placed in South/Southeastern regions, where the most traditional teams are, those who, generally, play the Libertadores Cup.

I'm very surprised that the old Cuiaba stadium is the worst stadium I've seen for a capital in Brazil... Gosh... Cuiaba seems to be really benefited with the new stadium (even with city having no major soccer team).

eewwwohhh old fonte nova stadium looks gross and ugly

And it was... Indeed, until now, Fonte Nova have been never refurbished... The first refurbshiment will be the demolition of the stadium...

Brasília's roof reminds me a lot of Soccer City. With all the empty spaces in the frame. Quite pretty if you ask me. Brasília's Stadium has so far been my favorite so far.

Manaus and Brasilia are my favourites... The internal part of Brasilia stadium is just outstanding... (according with the video released).

The glass roof for Maracana is very interesting too... I like it too.

Is Curitiba the most advanced project? I mean, the first to be done.

just something i wanna bring up here. its that in another forum in Orkut, theres a discussion going on about Brasilia not being beneficial by the stadium. ok so theyr building this 70,000 people capacity stadium and many believe itll be no use after the WC, Brasilias main soccer team is in third division, and they couldnt get the old stadium full previsouly. my question.. "is it worth building such a big stadium just to host wc games or host the opening ceremony in an exagerated size?"

just something i wanna bring up here. its that in another forum in Orkut, theres a discussion going on about Brasilia not being beneficial by the stadium. ok so theyr building this 70,000 people capacity stadium and many believe itll be no use after the WC, Brasilias main soccer team is in third division, and they couldnt get the old stadium full previsouly. my question.. "is it worth building such a big stadium just to host wc games or host the opening ceremony in an exagerated size?"

Are all seats in the stadium permanent or is it possible to decrease the number of them to make the stadium more useful?

I believe, just like Fonte Nova, they'll use the stadium for concerts and other events so they can charge tickets (I believe shows held in the Esplanada do Ministérios were free, just like the ones in Copacabana, right?)

Stadia will be significantly bigger in Curitiba, Brasilia, Manaus and Cuiabá. In the other cities, capacities will be kept roughly the same. Besides, the teams which play on the Libertadores are the ones who are going to play in existing stadia, such as Rio, SP, Belo Horizonte and Porto Alegre. The stadia mighht look more modern though.

Are all seats in the stadium permanent or is it possible to decrease the number of them to make the stadium more useful?

I believe, just like Fonte Nova, they'll use the stadium for concerts and other events so they can charge tickets (I believe shows held in the Esplanada do Ministérios were free, just like the ones in Copacabana, right?)

well i just hope these venues dont get abandoned like many sad stadiums being demolished or putten aside, because bigger stadiums = mantenancy = lotttta money, and brazil is brazil (sadly)... if u know what i mean.

The tender in Recife is over. The city today announced that "Odebrecht" is the winner of the tender. The contract will be signed and the works will start soon.

Inspection visit in Manaus:

DSC_3692.jpg

DSC_3722.jpg

DSC_3977.jpg

Manaus is applying his "green" concept in the demolition of their old stadium. All material such as chairs, railings and reflectors are being carefully removed and will be reused elsewhere. Even the concrete from the old stands will be freaked and reused.

DSC_3537.jpg

DSC_3545.jpg

DSC_3549.jpg

DSC_3559.jpg

DSC_3568.jpg

DSC_3571.jpg

DSC_3604.jpg

DSC_3606.jpg

DSC_3637.jpg

Credit: Mario Oliveira

Why my new posts are mixing in with the old ones? :angry:

And why i can't edit them? I hate this new layout.

Brazil prepares unified security plan for 2014 World Cup

BRASILIA, May 14 (Xinhua) -- Brazilian government is preparing a unified command of police forces that will operate in 12 capitals of the country hosting the soccer World Cup 2014.

The proposal was discussed at the Technical Meeting on Public Security, held for five days in Brasilia gathering representatives of security agencies related to the federal government, states and municipalities that will organize the event.

According to the coordinator of the work, Henrique Borri, the proposed model of unified command maintains the autonomy of police institutions, but acts to control incidents in an integrated, rational use of resources and materials.

The unified command center would be located in Brasilia, with regional centers of command and control in the other 11 capitals.

There would also be centers in the stadiums and mobile control centers to provide security in parks and areas of interest of the games.

Borri explained that a document was created defining general and specific responsibilities for each public security organ for 2014 World Cup.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sports/2010-05/15/c_13295641.htm

Inspection visit in Brasília:

semttulo1vk.jpg

semttulo2nw.jpg

semttulo1ar.jpg

semttulo2kg.jpg

semttulo7uh.jpg

semttulo10j.jpg

Inspection visit in Cuiabá:

semttulo1vd.jpg

semttulo2j.jpg

semttulo3z.jpg

semttulo4s.jpg

semttulo45s.jpg

semttulo5ha.jpg

^^^^^^

This is the model of BRT that is undergoing tests and was presented by Cuiabá. During the inspection, the transport project was presented. The reform of local airport will begin in January.

This is the model of BRT that is undergoing tests and was presented by Cuiabá. During the inspection, the transport project was presented. The reform of local airport will begin in January.

semttulo5ha.jpg

FIFA to overhaul World Cup ticketing for 2014

(AFP) – 38 minutes ago

JOHANNESBURG — FIFA has learned its lesson from problems with Internet ticket sales in South Africa and will overhaul its pricing and ticketing ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, a top official said Thursday.

The football governing body's secretary general, Jerome Valcke, said FIFA will "start from scratch" after its online ticketing system -- deemed too complicated and expensive by some -- yielded disappointing sales in Africa.

"The system we have put in place was not perfect," Valcke told reporters at a Foreign Correspondents' Association briefing in Johannesburg.

"We will start all ticketing policies from scratch for 2014. It could be that we would be facing some similar problems in Brazil."

AFP

I´m worried. Things are going very, very slow here and we have less than 4 years now. Brazilian "sophisticated" bureaucracy may kill our WC

Don't worry, South Africa began to build his stadiums in January 2007. After the world cup in july, we will have all our stadiums under construction. I believe that everything will be ready on time.

Don't worry, South Africa began to build his stadiums in January 2007. After the world cup in july, we will have all our stadiums under construction. I believe that everything will be ready on time.

South Africa started in 2006.

The last stadium to start was Cape Town in March 2007.

I'm sure 2 1/2 years is enough to finish a new stadium. Joao Havelange took 3 years (couting delays) to be ready.

As usual in Brazil, some stadiums will be ready 2 years before the World Cup and other stadia will be ready few weeks before the date scheduled for the games...

Don't worry. It's always like this. UNFORTUNATELLY.

How I hate the stupid Brazilian bureaucracy!!!

PS: Salvador is my huge concern by now.

South Africa started in 2006.

The last stadium to start was Cape Town in March 2007.

Then it will be similar. Stadia should start to be built this year and, unlike, South Africa, we have more renovations and less new constructions.

Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?!

Saturday, May. 29, 2010

Brazil's World Cup: The Worrying Starts Early

By Andrew Downie / São Paulo

Consternation usually follows celebration when a country wins the right to host the World Cup. It is, after all, the most popular of sports championships and no one wants to be embarrassed throwing one of the biggest parties on the planet. It was Brazil's turn for anxiety after it won the rights to the 2014 Cup two and a half years ago. Critics were concerned about the country's ability to build or renovate 12 stadiums in time for the tournament and feared a repeat of the 2007 Rio Pan American Games, also hosted by Brazil, that were last-minute, hugely over-budget and left nary a legacy of improved living conditions for citizens.

Those fears were at the forefront when proposals for the dozen stadiums took forever to get ready. In fact, though building was supposed to have started on all 12 this spring, they only won the approval of FIFA, the game's governing body, earlier this week. (See what becomes of Olympic stadiums.)

FIFA has already been worrying out loud. Earlier this month, the organization's Secretary General Jerome Valcke noted that preparations were so far behind schedule that Brazil is considering reducing the number of host cities from 12 to 8. He lambasted Brazilian soccer bosses for ignoring the agreed deadlines — which the country's planners have refused to divulge — and said it ran the risk of having to build stadiums at the last minute. "I got a report on the status quo of the Brazilian stadiums. I have to say it is not very nice," Valcke told reporters. "It is amazing how Brazil is already late. The stadiums are the basic points we need to have a World Cup in Brazil; for the time being, most of the deadlines are already over and we have to work on new deadlines." Observers say it is surprisingly early for FIFA to be alarmed at the progress of a host country. (See how a blackout in Brazil raises more questions about the Olympics.)

Brazil should have had a head-start. It was the only candidate to host the 2014 tournament and was a popular choice when selected in October 2007. The home of many of the game's greatest teams and most outstanding players, it hadn't been the site of the tournament since 1950 and many fans felt the South American giant deserved to host it again. But while Brazil has continued to produce star after star on the field — it is the only nation to win the World Cup five times — its skills at organization have seemed almost amateurish. Officials waited more than a year after winning the bid to choose the 12 host cities (at least five of which must be ready for the 2013 Confederations Cup). What's more, it has done little to address the basic infrastructure of airports, ports and highways, which clearly cannot support the expected influx of fans. "We are now seeing the consequences of not doing what we could have done," said Jose Roberto Bernasconi, president of an architecture and engineering organization that is closely monitoring Brazil's preparations. "Huge improvements are necessary."

Bernasconi also said authorities have failed on the most basic transparency measures: refusing to publish details of the bid or a timeline for completion of the project's many parts. The government took two years just to draw up a responsibility paper outlining who is in charge of specific aspects of the enterprise. That document was eventually presented in January; it declared that the government would spend $7.4 billion on transport, infrastructure and oversight and that Brazilian states and municipalities in charge of hosting matches will spend $3.9 billion on stadiums and facilities.

But in comments echoing those of Valcke, Bernasconi questioned whether anyone will be taken to task over the recurring delays. Of the 12 stadiums, nine will be publicly owned. Those projects will be eligible for low-interest loans of up to 400 million reais (around $215 million) either to build a new structure or remodel an existing one. But no one has applied for a loan yet. Skeptics say both the nine local governments and three privately owned clubs involved in the bid are deliberately holding off, hoping that the government will be forced to jump in at the last minute and give them the money, allowing them to avoid taking out a loan altogether. "They're waiting to see who'll blink first," said Bernasconi. "Everybody wants to go to the party but no one wants to pay for it."

The logo will be officially released on July 8. So it may not be definitive.

The colors should be these. when I put in grayscale was very similar:

semttulofg.jpg

FIFA has already set the logo of the World Cup 2014 to be held in Brazil, but the official announcement will only happen in a ceremony in South Africa, on July 8, three days before the Cup final in Africa

The logo was registered by entity (Brazilian Football Association) on March 29 at Ohmi (acronym in English and Trademark Office Registration of Design) of the European Union. The institution is responsible for intellectual property protection of this segment on the continent. The symbol, which itself was inspired by the World Cup, to be printed in various colors, but always keeping the design.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Foglobo.globo.com%2Fesportes%2Fcopa2010%2Fmat%2F2010%2F05%2F31%2Ffifa-define-logo-para-copa-de-2014-916737591.asp&sl=pt&tl=en

http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/copa2010/mat/2010/05/31/fifa-define-logo-para-copa-de-2014-916737591.asp

Colored version of the logo leaked...

I really have hopes on this logo be some "sketch" of the final one.

The idea is good, but the final result is poor...

Let's wait July 8th and pray for something better.

Indeed, FIFA is now putting the logos inside their standard of brands (that blue rounded box). Let's see also how this drawing will work with the box.

But for now, I hated it more than London 2012 logo.

Archived