6 More Dooping Cases

Fox334

A cyclist medallist and a track and field gold medallist, along whit two other track athletes, on other cyclist and one weightlifter have all tested positive on samples taken from them during the Beijing games. The tests where taken because it is now possible to detect CERA (an EPO variant), which is what those athletes tested positive for. No names as of yet, but we all know its coming soon. Anyone wants to take bets?

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/story/200...opingtests.html

mmmm interesting!

Well that will mean Russia will win another bronze medal as they finished 4th in the Road Race

I wonder who the track and field gold medalist is??? My bets are on an Eastern European athlete

You`re wrong, Micheal, and it should make you happy. Its Rashid Ramzi, who won« the 1500m and is the only gold medalist in Bahrein`s history. That will move a Kenyan to first, a Kiwi to second and a Frenchmen to third.

I find its a shame that Ramzi was a doper. I love to see underrepresented countries winning medals, and because of his doping offence Bahrain will once again never have won an Olympic medal.

I find its a shame that Ramzi was a doper. I love to see underrepresented countries winning medals, and because of his doping offence Bahrain will once again never have won an Olympic medal.

It is great to see underrepresented countries winning medals as long as they are not cheating!

It is great to see underrepresented countries winning medals as long as they are not cheating!

Indeed, as much as I hate to see Bahrain's gold medal being taken away I am happy to see a cheater caught. Hopefully they will soon win an Olympic medal in a fairer way (and maybe whit homegrown talent, but thats probably too much to ask :rolleyes:).

Well, we now know the 6:

Rashid Ramzi, Bahrain (Athletics, 1st 1500m)

Davide Rebellin, Italy (Cycling, 2nd Road Race)

Athanasia Tsoumeleka, Greece (Athletics, 9th 20km walk) (2004 Olympic champion)

Yudelquis Contreras, Dominican Republic (Weightlifting, 5th 53kg)

Stefan Schumacher, Germany (Cycling, DNF Road Race, 13th Time Trial)

Vanja Perisic, Croatia (Athletics, 35th, 800m)

Hehe Schumacher is no surprise. He was suspicious for a long time and there was a discussion, whether he should represent Germany at the games. And again a Greek T&F-athlete. Was at least one member of their team in 2004 clean?? :rolleyes:

Hehe Schumacher is no surprise. He was suspicious for a long time and there was a discussion, whether he should represent Germany at the games. And again a Greek T&F-athlete. Was at least one member of their team in 2004 clean?? :rolleyes:

I thought Schumacher had gotten caught at some point last season.

Not surprised about Ramzi at all. Rich micronations and their very sudden acquisition of high-performing athletes will always be a suspicious situation.

Well they are just poaching from other nations. You have to remember that in long distance running Ethiopia and Kenya could send 10 athletes each and they would all run world times.

Well they are just poaching from other nations. You have to remember that in long distance running Ethiopia and Kenya could send 10 athletes each and they would all run world times.

Ramzi was actually born in Morocco, where he still train.

Ramzi was actually born in Morocco, where he still train.

Ramzi is an anomaly compared to the rest of the poaching that goes on. I was referring to the issue in general and way it is these sports and certain countries that are being targeted more than others. Leave it to you to nit pick.