stade de france can't showcase athletics

Let the brits make mistakes:Take the british criticism easy.

The ethics commission after incentives and others are fully aware of such UK official behavior.The pay back period is coming soon...

Listen french sport minister on Europe 1 this morning .

After slavkov's affair,incentives,alliances rumors,Blair's interviews,now critics on SdeF !!

These are all "lines crossing" rules!

Let now the ethics commision give its report !

And be calm.

Paris will win but take care to Madrid.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again Jeux - feeding off any scraps of injustice you feel are being directed towards your Cities Bid.  This matter should be closed, because Paris have already said they will not be making a complaint, and in my eyes, they never had a case to make anyway.  Like I said it was harmless comments of fact made by 2 australians, and the press have jumped on it.  Dont' let the media, cloud you judgement.

You do not understand:IOC has an ethic commission,it is not the interest of Paris to complaint with it.Let some members to discuss and introduce some indirect claims and you will see the result !!( in this commission i.g.there is the former french justice minister M.Badinter,Miss muguette....do you remember the french lawyer...).

The critics are arising....

The ethics commission after incentives and others are fully aware of such UK official behavior.The pay back period is coming soon...

After slavkov's affair,incentives,alliances rumors,Blair's interviews,now critics on SdeF !!

And be calm.

1. Slavkov affair: Would you rather this wasn't bought up and corrupt members remained within the IOC? Firstly, this has nothing to do with the bid as it was a BBC documentary, and secondly, it was a good thing that this was shown. If your sports minister thinks otherwise then I think that is a big issue for France and Paris.

2. Incentives: There was an investigation but London was not found guilty of anything and probably wouldn't have been if they were retained. Parts of the incentives were outlined in the bid book anyway and were only criticised when presented to the IOC. Had they actually read the thing before this presentation?

3. Alliences: Is this against the rules? As far as I am aware and from what I've read this sort of thing goes on all the time. Maybe you don't like the fact that there are at least two strong bids coming up behind Paris.

4. The criticism of the SdF did not come from a member of the bid team but from a stadium designer. It was a stupid thing to say (although not necessarily untrue) but it should not be allowed to scupper a bid which is firstly very strong, and secondly, cost £30m in public and private funds. The IOC will make their minds up when they vote as to whether this was an unethical statement or whether, actually, the guy had a point.

London is guilty of nothing apart from trying to win an Olympic bid. Maybe we're trying too hard. Some people on here have criticised London for its "in your face" approach, but for a new bid this had to be done and it has worked, and you are worried.

Some Swedish journalists has said its becoming increasingly nasty between Paris and London. They have said London wants these games very badly, even if it takes criticising other bidding cities. This could backfire, and maybe London is showing the same arrogance Paris showed for 2008 Games. They are predicting a Paris win.

And be calm.

1. Slavkov affair: Would you rather this wasn't bought up and corrupt members remained within the IOC? Firstly, this has nothing to do with the bid as it was a BBC documentary, and secondly, it was a good thing that this was shown. If your sports minister thinks otherwise then I think that is a big issue for France and Paris.

2. Incentives: There was an investigation but London was not found guilty of anything and probably wouldn't have been if they were retained. Parts of the incentives were outlined in the bid book anyway and were only criticised when presented to the IOC. Had they actually read the thing before this presentation?

3. Alliences: Is this against the rules? As far as I am aware and from what I've read this sort of thing goes on all the time. Maybe you don't like the fact that there are at least two strong bids coming up behind Paris.

4. The criticism of the SdF did not come from a member of the bid team but from a stadium designer. It was a stupid thing to say (although not necessarily untrue) but it should not be allowed to scupper a bid which is firstly very strong, and secondly, cost £30m in public and private funds. The IOC will make their minds up when they vote as to whether this was an unethical statement or whether, actually, the guy had a point.

London is guilty of nothing apart from trying to win an Olympic bid. Maybe we're trying too hard. Some people on here have criticised London for its "in your face" approach, but for a new bid this had to be done and it has worked, and you are worried.

Oops, missed a point:

5. Blair's interviews: If Chirac wanted to do the same he could. Same with anyone else. I don't see what your problem is here. I don't see how such strong political support should be a bad thing.

Some Swedish journalists has said its becoming increasingly nasty between Paris and London. They have said London wants these games very badly, even if it takes criticising other bidding cities. This could backfire, and maybe London is showing the same arrogance Paris showed for 2008 Games. They are predicting a Paris win.

Arrogance is a word which is banded about far too much, especially by the media. At no point has London said "we will win". It has put forward a strong bid and has made sure everyone knows about it. If that is arrogance then London is arrogant.

Arrogance is when a bid team believes so strongly that it will win that it does not keep up the momentum. That bid is not London.

Is it fair play to criticise the contenders???No Olympic spirit it will harm the London bids,a lot of members are annoyed by the London supporters behaviour.It will harm the London Bids

When you say members do you mean GB.com members or IOC members? If you mean the former, I can say without any qualms that many Paris supporters and others have annoyed me. If you mean that latter, can I ask what contacts you have that can confirm this? Or are you just making it up as you go along?

As ever, the opportunistic ParisPhoto jumps on the creaky band-wagon without even bothering to check the facts or the context of a story. But then, why would we expect anything more sensible give previous history and crap website?

As usual, "Surferdude" (he wishes) wallows in his own slime rather than fess up to being less than a gentleman...

Is it fair play to criticise the contenders???No Olympic spirit it will harm the London bids,a lot of members are annoyed by the London supporters behaviour.It will harm the London Bids

The reports say maybe it would backfire. But the reporters for aftonbladet also say it is evident the the Paris supporters are worried about London and Madrid, and they realise their stadium is a weak point of the bid, as much as they try to say its their crown.

A response that is misleading at best, as Sloman has been in the employ of the London bid committee.

Olympics chief Jacques Rogge has cleared London of breaching Games bidding rules over criticism of the Paris stadium.

A row broke out on Monday, two days before the 2012 vote in Singapore, when the French city's Olympic stadium came under fire at a London briefing.

Under International Olympic Committee rules, bidding cities are prevented from directly criticising their rivals.

But Rogge said: "We have had no complaints from any city in Singapore."

He added: "Had anyone gone over the yellow line I would have intervened. The fact I said nothing is a sign that nobody has gone over the line.

"If there has been criticism of the Stade de France, well, the IOC evaluation commission gave it a very favourable report."

---

So there you go, the IOC are happy with everyone. So everyone can be happy!

Smile!    :)

No Robert,this is the official response.

But the mistakes have been already done:undecided members will certainly react to this london's unfair strategy.

Well done Paris to remain quiet without claiming officialy.

But again,ethics commission is discussing !

The aggressive behavior tends to uncomply with olympic spirit rules

But the mistakes have been already done:undecided members will certainly react to this london's unfair strategy.

Really, do you have a link to confirm this?

The fact is that the Paris 2012 Stadium has been badly disfamed by "London bid supporter and London bid near press or just persons who has to do with the LONDON 2012 bid".

And know the London 2012 delegation says easily: That wasnt me.

As i said: VERY UNFAIR TACTIC.

Throw the stone and hide the hand. You really think, that the IOC members are that stupid???

Really?

Seems you you have a low opinion of the IOC members.

Well, it isnt the first time some members of this laughs about the members that integrated the IOC and their languages or carrers. Do you remeber?

Robert you have a lot of links of you like in serveral countries, reporting about all the points you tried to discuss before.

But can your links be trustful coming from the BBC?

Not because the BBC wouldnt be a serious brodcast holding...

.. its just cause the BBC is a clear winner if the bid goes to London and they will do all to make London 2012 win.

Gimme links to neutral news deliever, please.

Very sure, Robert,criticising  the SdF during a London's official meeting even said by 2 australians connected to the London's bid is the last(but not the least) very big mistake.

The SdeF thanks very much the london's supporters(officials or others).

Robert you have a lot of links of you like in serveral countries, reporting about all the points you tried to discuss before.

But can your links be trustful coming from the BBC?

Not because the BBC wouldnt be a serious brodcast holding...

.. its just cause the BBC is a clear winner if the bid goes to London and they will do all to make London 2012 win.

Gimme links to neutral news deliever, please.

So you think the BBC would deliberatly lie about what Rogge said do you?

Fine, another link just for you

If Rogge is happy no rules have been breached, so should everyone else be. Right I have proven my point by providing several links.

Now Jeux, can you prove your point by providing any links to an article stating that the Ethics Commission is discussing this? I'm waiting.

Very sure, Robert,criticising  the SdF during a London's official meeting even said by 2 australians connected to the London's bid is the last(but not the least) very big mistake.

The SdeF thanks very much the london's supporters(officials or others).

I'm not saying this isn't a negative - just that Rogge believes it's within the rules. It could have a negative impact on London. Then again it could have a negative impact on Paris. Who knows? I certainly can't claim to know.

Now, do you have that link for me?

Archived