July 7. PRESS HEADLINES.

July 7. Everything is fixed. Let´s go down for a morning coffee and buy the press. I can image several different headlines for  the day after . This is my favorite:

FIESTA!! MADRID TO HOST THE GAMES

Well, maybe you don´t agree with me. I can imagine some of you laughing with criticism while reading it. So here´s another one:

PARIS MON AMOUR. THE GAMES GO TO FRANCE

Or maybe this one:

THE GAMES WILL SPEAK ENGLISH

You still disagree!! well, there you go:

MISHA THE BEAR IS BORN AGAIN!!

Regards!!

Giant tsunami wave hits madrid  

------------------------------------------------------------

Moscow loses the games as predicted

:D

If that happens, probably half Europe has dissapeared (for not saying whole Europe).

Did you know that Madrid ist Europe's highest capital-city?...

If not, now you know....

Regards,

Yes I read that somewhere. Apparently Madrid is somewhere in the range of 600-650m above sea level. This is one of the reasons (along with it's central location), why Madrid has extremes of weather- very cold winters, and very hot summers.

Yes I read that somewhere. Apparently Madrid is somewhere in the range of 600-650m above sea level. This is one of the reasons (along with it's central location), why Madrid has extremes of weather- very cold winters, and very hot summers.

Yes, extreme...but not so extreme as some people understand...

The winter is cold...but the minimum temperatures are in the range of -1ºC to -5ºC (with exception of past winter, where we had very extreme temperatures in whole Europe)...

I lived in Germany long time, and the winter is much colder/harder there than in Madrid.

In summer...Madrid-temperatures move in the range of 27ºC to 37ºC...but...it is a very dry heat....

If you have been in a seaside-city with 30ºC and get for example 35ºC in Madrid....I guarantee yu that you will like much more the Madrid-heat than the seaside (heat with high humidity).

Anyway, you should get the oportunity in 2012 to check it by your own...  :;):

REgards...

"LONDON GETS THE OLYMPICS!!!   LET THE GAMES BEGIN..."

Sorry, but as nervous as I am about the vote, I couldn't resist the jokiness of this thread.  This may be a boring headline, but it is more likely than most...  If London doesn't, whatever city wins, just substitute London for the winning city and you have the most probable headline!!  (Or something like it!!)   :laughlong:

Five Headlines...

From Le Monde..."Merde! Londres nous a baisés"

From The Times..."Bloody Frogs Bugger Ken's Bid"

From New York Post..."See Page 35 For Olympic Bid News"

From Izvestia..."Putin Congratulates 5th Place Bid Team"

From El Mundo..."Samaranch Dice Que Anti-Falangists Arruinó Nuestras Esperanzas"

Five Headlines...

From Le Monde..."Merde! Londres nous a baisés"

From The Times..."Bloody Frogs Bugger Ken's Bid"

From New York Post..."See Page 35 For Olympic Bid News"

From Izvestia..."Putin Congratulates 5th Place Bid Team"

From El Mundo..."Samaranch Dice Que Anti-Falangists Arruinó Nuestras Esperanzas"

:D

If Paris wins, then some British papers may read:

"Crazy Frogs get the games."

(NB: In the UK at the moment there is a ringtone called Alex F  by the crazy frog, which is driving people mad. The tune also got to No.1 in the pop charts).

Any London 2012 folk ever connected the conspiratorial dots on the crazy frog tune and Paris 2012...it's not some kind of Chirac/Deuxieme Bureau plot to warp the minds of Britains young so they start eating foie gras, drinking Perrier and quoting Satre on the Londres Metro  :P

Archived