Dubai - Tokyo - Chicago

Mikel

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Berlin could do it again. One of the factors on whether the Berlin bid will do well to me is the 2009 World Athletics Championships, which will be held in the city.

I'm still waiting for other European countries to get their acts together before counties like Germany, France, Britain, Spain, and Italy host again.

I'm talking about the tinier ones like Denmark, Portugal, the Czechs, Poland even. Just give me ONE good bid like that and I'll be happy!

Unfortunately these "small" countries do not have the budget to host Summer Games, because of the huge costs (see my comment in the forum). Hosting OG´s seems to be privileged to the rich countries. The only way to bring the Games to the small countries is to bring costs down to an acceptable level.

I think it's just struck our (well, krow's and puppy's anyway) fancy because of that incredibly unique building.  Second to logos, GB'ders are so mesmerized by stunning buildings and will sell their mother to build an Olympic happening around a unique building.

they just had a lot of money and the desire to become more globally recognized. an olympic games could do wonders for that city, but obviously there are major complications.

Unfortunately these "small" countries do not have the budget to host Summer Games, because of the huge costs (see my comment in the forum). Hosting OG´s seems to be privileged to the rich countries. The only way to bring the Games to the small countries is to bring costs down to an acceptable level.

There are quite a few smaller European countries that are capable to meet the costs of a Summer Games - Denmark is one of them, it's not a struggling economy at all and enjoys high living standards - the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and Norway are also counties that could afford to host the Olympics.

What counts against these countries at the moment is that cities like Rome, Paris, Berlin, Madrid and London all have wanted the games recently - Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Stockholm and Oslo just can't successfully compete against such cities despite having the financial capability.

Sure, Belgium and Netherland not really seems to be interested in hosting Games. Sweden already failed 9 times. It´s a difference if a city really want the Games and not showing only interest. If they don´t really want nothing will change, the bid results will be the same. Without risk nothing happens.

Belgium and the Netherlands have shown lots of interest _ Amsterdam bid for 1992 and we often hear reports of the likes of Rotterdam eyeing a run for them in the 2020s. Ditto Brussels. Both of course, can only go for summer games, because they can't physically host a winter games (unlike Sweden _ the bulk of their nine failed bids was for the winters).

One of these 3 candidates have excellent chances to win the bid.

Wich three candidates? :oo: There aren't candidate cities yet, we haven't applicant cities yet, too! :wwww:

Dubai has not shown one shred on interest in bidding. I doubt it will ven be mentioned in proceedings.

Tokyo, is of course, already a strong contender.

I still think NYC is in the game. C'mon, sure it didn't win 2012, but that was going to Europe anyway. The fact it made it to the short list shows that it was a strong enough bid, and a 2016 bid would only be stronger.

Dubai won't bid- they're in a conflictive zone and they've not the properly infrastructure yet...

Tokyo will be a very strong contender.

NYC (I think) will be the applicant city of the USA. They will be the runner-up. :)

Archived