Dubai - Tokyo - Chicago

Mikel

It´s absolutely sure that Brazil will get the Worldchampionships in football so they would have a very well preparation for OG´s in 2016. This could be a real challenge in organising such a big event.

That is true, because, probabely in 2014 Brazil will have the  Football World cup, because the other candidates are Argentina+Chile (binational cup - FIFA don't want it) and may be Mexico... the last time Brazil was the Football World Cup base was in 1950, and, you must to remamber, Brazil won the Wolrd Cup 5 times, most than everyone, Germany and Italy wons only 3 times...

And will win the 6th  :)  :;):  :idea:

Look this image under the text... It explain why Brazil will win for the 6th time...

CHAMPIONS.JPG

:wwww:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It´s absolutely sure that Brazil will get the Worldchampionships in football so they would have a very well preparation for OG´s in 2016. This could be a real challenge in organising such a big event.

well, South Africa is hosting 2010.  Why shouldn't Cape Town be a viable candidate for SUmmer 2020 if RSA does a good job.  Brazil isn't the only capable country.  

So, as I've said before, the fight for 2020 will come down to either Rio or Cape Twon.

well, South Africa is hosting 2010.  Why shouldn't Cape Town be a viable candidate for SUmmer 2020 if RSA does a good job.  Brazil isn't the only capable country.  

So, as I've said before, the fight for 2020 will come down to either Rio or Cape Twon.

Or Madrid, or Rome, or Tokyo... or Paris... :rolleyes:

I don't think 2020 will be on Africa, Asia or America (all the americas), because 2016 will be in this kind of continent, so, 2020 will be in Europ.

Let's Go Madrid or Paris 2020!

2016 is probably just that one cycle too soon for any African or South American contenders _ it's possible, but unlikely.

Barring any major upsets or a lack of interest, it's hard to see 2016 go to anywhere but a North American candidate.

2020 is likely to be the most wide-open field for a long time. It will probably be Capetown's and Rio's best chance yet and ever, but I'd imagine the competition would be stiff from ASia and Europe as well. At least that would mean if either of the new frontier favourites do win, they will have had to do it on merit, rather than default.

I don't think 2020 will be on Africa, Asia or America (all the americas), because 2016 will be in this kind of continent, so, 2020 will be in Europ.

Let's Go Madrid or Paris 2020!

2016 is probably just that one cycle too soon for any African or South American contenders _ it's possible, but unlikely.

Barring any major upsets or a lack of interest, it's hard to see 2016 go to anywhere but a North American candidate.

2020 is likely to be the most wide-open field for a long time. It will probably be Capetown's and Rio's best chance yet and ever, but I'd imagine the competition would be stiff from ASia and Europe as well. At least that would mean if either of the new frontier favourites do win, they will have had to do it on merit, rather than default.

I don't think 2016 will go to US, because the last US's Olympic games was in 1996, only 20 years before 2016, so, I think other place can have the games, out of europe (because London 2012 is there), out of US, may be in South America, Africa or West Asia (Turkey, United Emirates - Dubai, Kazaquistan)...

I don't think 2016 will go to US, because the last US's Olympic games was in 1996, only 20 years before 2016, so, I think other place can have the games, out of europe (because London 2012 is there), out of US, may be in South America, Africa or West Asia (Turkey, United Emirates - Dubai, Kazaquistan)...

Turkey?  Dubai?  Kazakhstan?  LOL!!  :laughlong:

Sampa, you don't know much about what you're talking about.

I will just say that if World Cup 2014 is going to be in Brazil, I don't think the Summer Olympics 2016 will be awarded to Brazil either.  FIFA and IOC officials aren't going to be taking all those 16-hour flights from Europe within 2 years.   :wink:

Turkey?  Dubai?  Kazakhstan?  LOL!!  :laughlong:

Sampa, you don't know much about what you're talking about.

I will just say that if World Cup 2014 is going to be in Brazil, I don't think the Summer Olympics 2016 will be awarded to Brazil either.  FIFA and IOC officials aren't going to be taking all those 16-hour flights from Europe within 2 years.   :wink:

Turkey with Istanbul could be a choice- but Dubai or Kazakhstan definitely not :upside:

I think NY or Rio should get 2016 and then Madrid get 2020 :P

I don't think the Summer Olympics 2016 will be awarded to Brazil either.  

Also......Rio winning 2016 is unlikely because Rio didn't make the short list for 2012, the bid was lagging behind the likes of Paris, London NYC, Madrid in technicality.

This means that there is a lot of work to be done in many areas, before Rio is a suitable host. Can they make such huge steps in 4 years? I doubt it.

Within 4 years time I doubt whether the Rio bid could have improved so dramatically to go from a city that wasn't short-listed to winning the olympic games, ad beating the likes of NYC in the process.

Next time Rio bids (2016?) it will probably be shortlisted. Rio will win with it's 3rd/ 4th bid (2020/24).

I don't think the Summer Olympics 2016 will be awarded to Brazil either.  

Also......Rio winning 2016 is unlikely because Rio didn't make the short list for 2012, the bid was lagging behind the likes of Paris, London NYC, Madrid in technicality.

This means that there is a lot of work to be done in many areas, before Rio is a suitable host. Can they make such huge steps in 4 years? I doubt it.

Within 4 years time I doubt whether the Rio bid could have improved so dramatically to go from a city that wasn't short-listed to winning the olympic games, ad beating the likes of NYC in the process.

Next time Rio bids (2016?) it will probably be shortlisted. Rio will win with it's 3rd/ 4th bid (2020/24).

Yeah, but Rio will host the Pan American Games in 2007, so I think they will improve the infrastructure and many other things... And if Brazil hosts the 2014 WC then Rio could host an unforgettable Games in 2024/2028 (NYC 2016- MADRID 2020  :;): )

As long as Cape Town bids...africa will get its chance....europe must wait till 2024....nyc/us city 2016 and 2020 cape town...

We will see... the IOC will be between experienced countries with modern cities like France, Japan, Italy and Spain and new frontiers like South Africa. If Cape Town wins in 2020 then they would have done a very good bid talking about technical aspects. :oops:

I also agree that 2016 probably will be held in somewhere with experience (USA is the favourite) and that 2020 will be the battle for the New Frontier with Rio and Cape Town after being host of big events (PanAm and World Cup) and probably other cities, as Buenos Aires or Santiago from South America and from Africa... nowhere else :D

Of course, Brazil has a chance in 2016, but it is difficult that they win.

I also agree that 2016 probably will be held in somewhere with experience (USA is the favourite) and that 2020 will be the battle for the New Frontier with Rio and Cape Town after being host of big events (PanAm and World Cup) and probably other cities, as Buenos Aires or Santiago from South America and from Africa... nowhere else :D

Of course, Brazil has a chance in 2016, but it is difficult that they win.

Cape Town and Rio will have to fought in 2020 against experienced and poweful countries, so their bids have to have good technical aspects or they will fail. :rolleyes:

Cape Town and Rio will have to fought in 2020 against experienced and poweful countries, so their bids have to have good technical aspects or they will fail. :rolleyes:

Stop trying to sneak Madrid in there for 2020.  Spain's next realistic chance will probably be 2032.  The old man Samaranch will probably be around until the 2009 selection.

The IOC would want to return the Summer Games in Europe to;

1.  Paris,

2.  Russia

3.  Berlin

4. maybe Rome

first before going back to Spain.  So realistically your Madrid chances might even be 2044.  So just cool it with your Madrid thing.

After London 2012 the only chance for Europe is 2024. 2036 I suggest the Games will go to Berlin. 100 years after Nazi-Germany Berlin will show free Games. For 2024 there will be a huge amount of candidates from Europe like Paris, Rome, Madrid, Prague, Lisbon, Moscow etc.

For 2024 there will be a huge amount of candidates from Europe like Paris, Rome, Madrid, Prague, Lisbon, Moscow etc.

And it will probably go to Paris because the IOC gets sentimental on 100th year anniversaries.

Really?

1896- Athens------- 1996 Atlanta

1900- Paris--------- 2000 Sydney

1904- St. Louis----- 2004 Athens

1908- London------- 2008 Beijing

1912- Stockholm---- 2012 London

:oh:  :sleepy:  :rolleyes:

I am leaning towards the idea that 2016 will be a "stepping stone" Olympics, given to a larger nation/city (probably somewhere in North America), to allow 2020 to, to coin a phrase, "go global" - as has been mentioned, Brazil, South Africa, possibly Malaysia, maybe Russia..

As for Dubai, I have to say that is some fanciful nonsense - I am not against Arabic or Muslim people or their faith, but trying to justify an UAE games on the basis of "because they've got lots of money" or "because they have fancy buildings" is rice-paper thin logic. The IOC would have to be confident that Dubai could host the games whilst allowing Israel entry and the safety of female athletes - the latter is probably not going to be a problem as there has been an increase in female athletes from Arabic and Muslim nations in recent years, but the former would be - if you excuse the pun - a hurdle too high.

My pencil predicitons are 2016 in North America, 2020 is quite possibly an open book to just about anywhere (South Africa if the 2010 World Cup goes okay?).

For 2024 there will be a huge amount of candidates from Europe like Paris, Rome, Madrid, Prague, Lisbon, Moscow etc.

And it will probably go to Paris because the IOC gets sentimental on 100th year anniversaries.

Really?

I said "gets...", stupid.  You are so literal sometimes, you are such an idiot.  The IOC did celebrate with a 100th year Congess/Symposium at the Sorbonne in 1994.  And Atlanta only won it because Athens was not as prepared as it was for the 2004 run.  But had Athens and Atlanta been on the same par, who do you think would've gotten it, dolt?  And all your other examples are examples of sheer stupidity.  :P

Really?

I said "gets...", stupid.  You are so literal sometimes, you are such an idiot.  The IOC did celebrate with a 100th year Congess/Symposium at the Sorbonne in 1994.  And Atlanta only won it because Athens was not as prepared as it was for the 2004 run.  But had Athens and Atlanta been on the same par, who do you think would've gotten it, dolt?  And all your other examples are examples of sheer stupidity.  :P

Are you calling Beijing and London stupid cities only because "other" cities don't host in their 100th year anniversary? :rolleyes:

After the latest news Tokyo is a hot candidate for the Summer Games 2016 as they want to invest a huge amount in this project to be well prepared for a possible bid. Tokyo might be a big favorite as they have the power and the knowledge plus the necessary money. Tokyo would be a very good host city.

After the latest news Tokyo is a hot candidate for the Summer Games 2016 as they want to invest a huge amount in this project to be well prepared for a possible bid. Tokyo might be a big favorite as they have the power and the knowledge plus the necessary money. Tokyo would be a very good host city.

But the USOC won't take a risk and will choose NYC, a city with the same characteristics as Tokyo, a battle between two of the biggest cities of the world: NYC vs. Tokyo, it will be more interesting than 2012! :laughlong:  :)

Archived