Annecy 2018

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what means "Villa Requerante" or what does it stand for?

it was in my post.. Ville Requerante = Applicant City in French !

As French is one of the official IOC language, all olympic logos are created both in English & French and generally in the local language too.

As for exemple (Rio 2016 Candidate City Logo):

englisg.jpg

frenchd.jpg

portugais.jpg

Regarding the applicant logo of Rio, i am still looking for the french one... but i will find it !!!

LogoRio2016.jpg

rio2016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just recognised that the second logo proposal of Munich has some similiarities with the logo of Annecy...

Yes ! That's may be why i voted for the Munich's second one !!!

• 2 weeks later...
100% support!

The French Governement will support each bid after each bid.

I don't know where you got that one from!

If anything most of them are probably thinking that in the present climate France needs a WOG like it needs a hole in the head!!

Personnaly, I think that a lot of IOC members would prefer Berlin instead of Paris to host SOG... so they will vote against Munich to open the way for Berlin... and reduce the power of an hypothetical Paris bid.....

I remember making that point some time ago and got flamed to Singapore and back again!!

Personnaly, I think that a lot of IOC members would prefer Berlin instead of Paris to host SOG... so they will vote against Munich to open the way for Berlin... and reduce the power of an hypothetical Paris bid.....
the thesis of memorabilia is really interesting, since the same thesis would work with Annecy and Paris, when you start it with the presumption that the IOC prefers Paris than Berlin hosting Summer Olympics...

I think a disadvantage of Annecy (no matter how good the bid technically is), that France has already hosted three times.

I remember making that point some time ago and got flamed to Singapore and back again!!

I just can repeat what I have already said - the same thesis work with Annecy and Paris, when you start witht he presumption that the IOC prefers Paris than Berlin hosting Summer Olympics...

I would be interesting to know what the IOC thinks for real!!!

I just can repeat what I have already said - the same thesis work with Annecy and Paris, when you start witht he presumption that the IOC prefers Paris than Berlin hosting Summer Olympics...

I would be interesting to know what the IOC thinks for real!!!

You're right CAF. But from my 2012 experience... i am confident in the quality of any Paris Bid file that we could produce... but not at all confident of the IOC members' wish to see the Games back in Paris....

But in both case i would love to see games either in Paris or Berlin... that would gave us great Games !

I don't know where you got that one from!

If anything most of them are probably thinking that in the present climate France needs a WOG like it needs a hole in the head!!

Just read the today's "L'Equipe" and have a eye on Rama Yade (French Sports secretary) backing the Annecy 2018 Games. French politicians will be there to support the bid, but on a second row (they do not want to do the same mistake than in 2012 where it was mainly a bid managed by politicians without sports or NOC leaders)

I think the Committee Olympique de France is looking at the history of countries bidding for multiple editions. One bid gets their foot in the door to develop a base of support and sympathy the next bid expands on the previous leg work to push them over the edge.

I honestly think the next European hosting will come done to the three grand capitals, Berlin, Paris and Rome. I think Madrid's bid will get old and repetitive and Samaranch's influence is waning.

Make that Berlin and Paris. Rome won't bid post-Torino apathy will they?

Not so sure about Roma ! I had contact with CONI in the past and they still thinking about it... but for when ????

Hi!

it looks as if Gamesbid com was ignoring annecy 2018's bid!!

No link with the official webside, no comment about new topics all available in english on the same site or in looking at google.

I adress 1 month ago a message to the webmaster about that, but no answer (except a formal one, "we wil deal with your message")

An authoritative review of OG bids need to relay information from all bids, trying not to foster one (Munchen 2018 has various recent comments) and ignoring another one.

Best regards to all of you!

Dub

An authoritative review of OG bids need to relay information from all bids, trying not to foster one (Munchen 2018 has various recent comments) and ignoring another one.

Best regards to all of you!

Dub

May be because there is no new informations during this summer time !!!!

It's vacation time in Annecy !

They probably wait for october to start the communication in regards of the IOC rules for applicant cities...

Do not blame gamesbids they already create page for Annecy : http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/winter_olympi...18/index.1.html

But for sure they could add the logo and the website (unfortunately still only in french !)

Here they are :

http://www.annecy-2018.fr/

logo-2018-annecy.jpg

The only thing available in english is there : http://www.annecy-2018.fr/annecy2018-bid-presentation.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (London2012 @ Aug 13 2009, 09:36 PM)

Make that Berlin and Paris. Rome won't bid post-Torino apathy will they?

Apathy?

Yes.

My - maybe wrong - impression was that Torino didn't exactly go down well with everybody in Italy?

Yes.

My - maybe wrong - impression was that Torino didn't exactly go down well with everybody in Italy?

Basically, you are not wrong but i think that's mostly because a Winter tend to have a regional resonance than a Summer especially in a variegated country like Italy. Btw, I'd say there have been some negligence in promoting rather than a not- appreciation.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, September 15th 2009, first Executive Committee of Annecy 2018 bid committee.

They will validate the organisation of the committee and the work will start after that....

09072157080b4ff52a9be11.jpg

September 7th 2009, meeting between the Annecy 2018 bid committee (including French NOC) and the Sport's ministry Rama Yade.

Government has given its full backing to the bid.

September 7th 2009, meeting between the Annecy 2018 bid committee (including French NOC) and the Sport's ministry Rama Yade.

Government has given its full backing to the bid.

Judging by this article and the comments the governement backing seems to me to be quite lukewarm.

http://www.ledauphine.com/jo-2018-des-rend...;article=185800

It's common knowledge in France that Rama Yade's appointment to sport Secretary (she's not a fully fledged minister) was a way to sidetrack her and get her out of Bernard Kouchner's hair.

I'm not sure she's giving the job all her energy!

For another take on Annecy 2018:

http://sites.google.com/site/comiteantiolympiquedannecy/Home

Archived