2016 - first bets

Even though the 2016 race hasn't officially started yet, a bookmaker, called "Paddy Power", made odds for the race:

http://dsbb.bestbetting.com/special....lympics

Chicago is favourite with 6/1

NYC 7/1

Sapporo 8/1

[...]

What do you think?

These bets are kind of funny - London to host 2016 is 250/1, but Ireland to host 2016 is even bigger with 500/1

But still you can put your money onto it...

there were two other threads about this whent hey first cam eout right after 2012 finished...but I can't seem to find them...

anyway, to say the least these odds are VERY far feteched....the majority of the cities listed won't even come anywhere near the process of bidding, and some fo the bids listed on it are just flat out NOT going to happen for 2016 (London) lol......

also, it is stupid hwo they rank Chicago first now....considering no one even knows what their bid is lol.....

I think you can actually bid on these choices, but that would be extremely unwise...lol

Even though the 2016 race hasn't officially started yet, a bookmaker, called "Paddy Power", made odds for the race:

NYC 7/1

Sapporo 8/1

[...]

What do you think?

These bets are kind of funny - London to host 2016 is 250/1, but Ireland to host 2016 is even bigger with 500/1

I bet ChicagoFan90 hosts that site.  I mean, who else would put CHicago on top right now?  ANd then it even has Dubai   :wwww:  which all true-blue GamesBidders know is a WINTER host city not a f*cking Summer candidate!   And then there's Singapore; Petropolis, Brazil -- WHOLE countries: Thailand, Chile, Kenya, Ireland ?  :shocked:  

It's a total joke after CHicago and New York.

NYC 7/1

Sapporo 8/1

[...]

What do you think?

I bet ChicagoFan90 hosts that site.  I mean, who else would put CHicago on top right now?  ANd then it even has Dubai   :wwww:  which all true-blue GamesBidders know is a WINTER host city not a f*cking Summer candidate!   And then there's Singapore; Petropolis, Brazil -- WHOLE countries: Thailand, Chile, Kenya, Ireland ?  :shocked:  

It's a total joke after CHicago and New York.

lol exactly what I was thinking....

there is no way you can rank these cities at this point....nonetheless put a bid we know absolutely nothing secific about as number one....that just proves to you this betting thing is a joke

At least we know it is close and Paris was the favorite in the 2012 race. IMO, if I'll base Chicago's plan on what I've heard from newspapers and from some supporters here, seems like Chicago's plan is well, close to Paris' plan.

Now let's see if they'll act like Paris2012...  :;):

Anyway, everybody and I mean everybody (Gamesbids, Gamesbidders, Oddsmakers etc) thought SF was the right choice for the USOC to put forward to the IOC. It seems like NYC was truly the right choice. Who knows, SF might have been eliminated first rather than Moscow, basing on the decision by the IOC to really go to Europe for 2012.

Now, let's see if the negative spin from these naysayers that NYC can't host or is not the USOC's best chance, will indeed make the USOC think that NYC is not the right city. It didn't happen in 2012, I don't think they will, if NYC improves their plan and proves that they're stronger than what they are in 2012.

At least we know it is close and Paris was the favorite in the 2012 race. IMO, if I'll base Chicago's plan on what I've heard from newspapers and from some supporters here, seems like Chicago's plan is well, close to Paris' plan.

Good Lord, may NONE of the U.S. 2016 candidates end up that bid!  :shocked:

It will be most embarassing to the IOC when that happens. That's why the USOC has to make sure, they have the best and surest city they can depend on to compete with other world cities. 2016 could still be a great competition.

Tokyo is saying that they'll bid in preparation for a more realistic chance for 2020. But, you have to be prepared of course, in case you've faught for 2016 and you've actually won it, even though you're not totally expecting to win.

lol you can say that again....

Yeah, well Paris isn't in the running now anyway.  They know the IOC isn't going to immediately move the Olympics a hundred or so KM east following London 2012.

What I actually love about this is that London made the list.  250/1.

Yeah, well Paris isn't in the running now anyway.  They know the IOC isn't going to immediately move the Olympics a hundred or so KM east following London 2012.

What I actually love about this is that London made the list.  250/1.

Me too... In 2012's Closing Ceremony, London's mayor gives the Olympic flag to the 2016's host city mayor... HIMSELF/HERSELF!

It will be most embarassing to the IOC when that happens. That's why the USOC has to make sure, they have the best and surest city they can depend on to compete with other world cities. 2016 could still be a great competition.

Tokyo is saying that they'll bid in preparation for a more realistic chance for 2020. But, you have to be prepared of course, in case you've faught for 2016 and you've actually won it, even though you're not totally expecting to win.

There's always room for surprises. Unless you're Beijing, of course.

Then again, Samaranch ain't around anymore.  :D

Archived