British suicide........

SINGAPORE (AP) - London experts sparked a dispute with Paris on Monday by criticizing the French capital's proposed Olympic stadium - an apparent breach of bidding rules for the 2012 Summer Games.

Jim Sloman and Rod Sheard, Australian consultants to the London bid, were critical of the sightlines for spectators at the Stade de France, the venue built for the 1998 soccer World Cup and the proposed centerpiece of the 2012 Summer Games.

Both bid teams later played down any flap. The Paris 2012 committee said it would not complain to the IOC ethics commission, which polices the bidding rules.

``It's not up to Paris to interpret the rules, that is a matter for the IOC,'' Paris Mayor Betrand Delanoe said.

Delanoe said his city would not get into a war of words with London.

``On our part, it will be fair play throughout,'' he said. ``We will not be belittling the others. We have no comment on other bids because that's the rules of the IOC and that's the Olympic spirit.''

British IOC member Craig Reedie said he'd ``happily spoken'' to the French delegation and ``it's not an issue.''

IOC members will vote in Singapore on Wednesday to select the winning city. Paris has long been considered the front-runner.

WHY FRENCH WOULD LOSE NOW.....

the big problems are that athletics federation presindent just gave Paris 2003 the best organisation and place of the last 50 years, IOC will laugh about rosbif losers remarks!!

Gobby-Gobby - Once again your limited intellectual capacity has failed to realise that this topic is being discussed in another post (which has a massive hint in the title of the thread i.e. Stade de France?!?! - comprehende??") and you have created another meaningless thread of drivel to drain the sources of GamesBid.com bandwith allowance.

British suicide?

The way that I see it is that, if Paris loses, the French clearly won't be able to handle it. It is the French who will be suicidal.

During the last few weeks we've had so much rubbish from french and pro-french people (eg. Montreal666) on these forums with regards to london's bid.

Paris is getting nervous- all of a sudden this sure fire victory, just maybe slipping away from them.

The rubbish that has been posted on these forums the last few weeks by French and pro-French members (eg. Montreal666), reflects this.

Olympics chief Jacques Rogge has cleared London of breaching Games bidding rules over criticism of the Paris stadium.

A row broke out on Monday, two days before the 2012 vote in Singapore, when the French city's Olympic stadium came under fire at a London briefing.

Under International Olympic Committee rules, bidding cities are prevented from directly criticising their rivals.

But Rogge said: "We have had no complaints from any city in Singapore."

He added: "Had anyone gone over the yellow line I would have intervened. The fact I said nothing is a sign that nobody has gone over the line.

"If there has been criticism of the Stade de France, well, the IOC evaluation commission gave it a very favourable report."

---

So there you go, the IOC are happy with everyone. So everyone can be happy!

Smile!    :)

the big problems are that athletics federation presindent just gave Paris 2003 the best organisation and place of the last 50 years.

True, with this remark, London lost 1 or 2 ioc members.

Olympics chief Jacques Rogge has cleared London of breaching Games bidding rules over criticism of the Paris stadium.

A row broke out on Monday, two days before the 2012 vote in Singapore, when the French city's Olympic stadium came under fire at a London briefing.

Under International Olympic Committee rules, bidding cities are prevented from directly criticising their rivals.

But Rogge said: "We have had no complaints from any city in Singapore."

He added: "Had anyone gone over the yellow line I would have intervened. The fact I said nothing is a sign that nobody has gone over the line.

"If there has been criticism of the Stade de France, well, the IOC evaluation commission gave it a very favourable report."

---

So there you go, the IOC are happy with everyone. So everyone can be happy!

Smile!    :)

Who cares about, he don't vote, but the undecided IOC memebers will just turn thier back to the arrogant and unrealist ugly city mongers!

since London try to bribes the IOC members, cherie blair thinking that Freud Shiller Descartes was british, getting olynpics on airplanes, conspirency with madrid, and now bash the most magnifiscient stadium on the planet, i don't really think that is the french who are nervous!

and who's Coe? it's a local carl lewis?

London losting will be usual, rugby world cup, athletics, oops they even can't organise something thier transportation is so wild, anyway, legacy of what? Sport? olympics?

IOC members will remember more the Bliar lap dog lackey on irak or the egoistic europhobian rabate monger when the will face him than the illusion of London abilities to organise something big!

te final two will be Paris and Madrid,  and hope one of this cities will win

Archived