Phase Ii Ticket Sales

I got in in about 2 minutes. I had two browsers both in the queue--the other one never moved forward. I was surprised it let me complete 3 orders with a max of 4 events per order. I have a lot of family coming for the Games and I'm pleased I got 90% of what they asked for today.

I scored:

• 8 men's halfpipe
  • 8 women's 1000m speed skating

For the relos, plus:

• 2 men's gold medal hockey
  • 2 men's gold medal curling
  • 4 women's gold medal hockey
  • 2 ladies 5000 m speed skating (Clara Hughes baby!!!0
  • 2 lad

ies' free skate figure skating

I am, suffice to say, extremely pleased. Especially since the men's hockey is the 28th--my birthday! :) In the lottery I only got women's aerials and one session of short track.

Even though I had to sit in the Virtual Waiting Room for 50 minutes, I still did well ...

1. Figure Skating ... Original Dance ... "A" class lower seating

2. Gold Medal Match Women's Curling

3. Gold Medal Match Men's Curling

I had two browsers both in the queue--the other one never moved forward.

Same thing with me - except I had about 4 or 5 of them going... i started getting cross eyed trying to keep tabs on them all. I don't know if it helped, but I did get in after 1/2 hour.

If was really easy once I got in - just selected the events and added them to the cart. I was trying to move so quickly to 'beat the clock' that I really didn't browse too much. I just wanted to secure a few tickets, and once I knew that I was going to get Opening Ceremonies, I just added a couple extra events to fill up my dance card. It was almost a little surreal for me - and now that I'm hearing not everyone had my experience, I feel extremely lucky.

I came back a little later and did notice that even though it said that there were tickets available for an event - that when I tried to click on them, it said that they were full. I think it was because they were in someone's cart, but not checked out, however, I could definately see that would be extremely frustrating to someone if they hadn't got anything yet...

I just noticed something about the seating..all of the seat categories except for the most expensive one ( A ) say assigned seating...but not the most expensive level...so what does that mean? Does it mean that for the A level it's first come first serve kinda thing??

For example Opening ceremonies:

A $1,100.00 - Lower and Upper Level*

B $750.00 - Upper Level - Assigned Seating*

C $550.00 - Upper Level - Assigned Seating*

D $175.00 - Upper Level - Assigned Seating*

and you can check it out yourselves by logging in, and when doing a search for tickets click off "Only display sessions for which tickets are currently available" so that you can see the seating charts of the events -

I got in quite quickly after 10:00 and filled my basket with some nice tickets - then suddenly without notice the system put me back into the waiting room with no notice (an the timer said I had 10 mins. left). When I got back in an hour later all my previous choices were sold out.

:angry:

I got in quite quickly after 10:00 and filled my basket with some nice tickets - then suddenly without notice the system put me back into the waiting room with no notice (an the timer said I had 10 mins. left). When I got back in an hour later all my previous choices were sold out.

:angry:

I bought my pairs one checkout at a time, each one was of lesser importance so i wanted to make sure in each case. I stayed logged in just did multiple checkouts, added the big ticket hockey events and 2 speed skating finals. I then logged back in and picked up an OC pair and a couple of other high demand events from a friend who could not get past the VWR.

Once you were passed the vwr you had a lot of flexibility in what you could do, very interesting system, i actually preferred it to Ticketmaster. It seemed a bit more intuitive and the visual word checks are more reasonable, lately the Ticketmaster ones are getting ridiculous.

I was able to make out like a bandit in Phase II. Myself and two others coming with me all got in within the first 10-15 minutes or so. As a result, we were able to add:

FR002 Men's Moguls

SB001 Men's Snowboard Cross

AS003 Men's Super Combined

IH009 Men's Hockey - Canada v. Norway

SB003 Men's Halfpipe

IH019 Men's Hockey - Canada v. Switzerland

BS002 Men's 2-Man Bobsled

IH031 Men's Hockey - Canada v. USA

FR005 Men's Aerials

IH0046 Women's Hockey - Gold Medal Game

CU031 Women's Curling - Gold Medal Game

CU033 Men's Curling - Gold Medal Game

SS012 Men's/Women's Long Track - Team Pursuit

I was able to make out like a bandit in Phase II. Myself and two others coming with me all got in within the first 10-15 minutes or so. As a result, we were able to add:

FR002 Men's Moguls

SB001 Men's Snowboard Cross

AS003 Men's Super Combined

IH009 Men's Hockey - Canada v. Norway

SB003 Men's Halfpipe

IH019 Men's Hockey - Canada v. Switzerland

BS002 Men's 2-Man Bobsled

IH031 Men's Hockey - Canada v. USA

FR005 Men's Aerials

IH0046 Women's Hockey - Gold Medal Game

CU031 Women's Curling - Gold Medal Game

CU033 Men's Curling - Gold Medal Game

SS012 Men's/Women's Long Track - Team Pursuit

Great stuff, I can't seem to get excited about curling. Do you live in Vancouver? Wondering about the weather in February, I've been in Vancouver in November and it was quite bad, quite nice in June and July.

R

Great stuff, I can't seem to get excited about curling. Do you live in Vancouver? Wondering about the weather in February, I've been in Vancouver in November and it was quite bad, quite nice in June and July.

R

Nah, I'm from Toronto. One of the guys I'm going with has lived in Vancouver and apparently you can basically expect single digit temperatures (celsius at least) and rain.

Lovely.

Will this be the games with most "gamesbidders" present?

LOL, I'l be in London for 2012, my brother lives in High Barnet. Canada does not really do well in summer games but that one should be fun as well.

Vancouver is the first time I've had to arrange for accommodations, I lived in Montreal in 1976 and had relatives in Sydney for the 2000 games.

Thanks to the generosity of my uncle and grandmother, I have reeled in quite a haul.

Here is what I have:

Feb 12-Opening Ceremony (1,300 for a ticket!!!! OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!)

Feb 13-Alpine Skiing-men's downhill

women's hockey-Canada vs. Slovak Republic

Feb 14-speed skating-women's 3,000

Feb 15-speed skating-men's 500m

Feb 16-biathlon-women's 10k pursuit and men's 12.5k pursuit

men's hockey-Canada vs. Norway

Feb 17-men's hockey-Finland vs. Belarus

Sweden vs. Germany

Czech Republic vs. Slovak Republic

Feb 18-men's hockey-Canada vs. Switzerland

speed skating-women's 1000m

Feb 19-men's hockey-Belarus vs. Sweden

Czech Republic vs. Latvia

Feb 20-Alpine Skiing-women's super G

Speed skating-men's 1500m

Feb 21-men's hockey-Sweden vs. Finland

Russia vs. Czech Republic

Feb 22-women's hockey-semifinal 2

curling-men's qualifiers

Feb 23-figure skating-women's short program (I know I lost my credibility by getting this, but I promised my mom and grandmother that I would go to this for them)

speed skating-men's 10,000m final

Feb 24-speed skating-women's 5000m final

men's hockey-2 quarterfinals

Feb 25-women's hockey-gold medal final

Feb 26-Alpine skiing-women's slalom

Feb 28-Closing Ceremony

All this cost me a bunch, but considering this may be the only Olympics I ever get to go to, I better take advantage of it and see as many events as I possibly can.

Thanks to the generosity of my uncle and grandmother, I have reeled in quite a haul.

Here is what I have:

Feb 12-Opening Ceremony (1,300 for a ticket!!!! OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!)

Feb 13-Alpine Skiing-men's downhill

women's hockey-Canada vs. Slovak Republic

Feb 14-speed skating-women's 3,000

Feb 15-speed skating-men's 500m

Feb 16-biathlon-women's 10k pursuit and men's 12.5k pursuit

men's hockey-Canada vs. Norway

Feb 17-men's hockey-Finland vs. Belarus

Sweden vs. Germany

Czech Republic vs. Slovak Republic

Feb 18-men's hockey-Canada vs. Switzerland

speed skating-women's 1000m

Feb 19-men's hockey-Belarus vs. Sweden

Czech Republic vs. Latvia

Feb 20-Alpine Skiing-women's super G

Speed skating-men's 1500m

Feb 21-men's hockey-Sweden vs. Finland

Russia vs. Czech Republic

Feb 22-women's hockey-semifinal 2

curling-men's qualifiers

Feb 23-figure skating-women's short program (I know I lost my credibility by getting this, but I promised my mom and grandmother that I would go to this for them)

speed skating-men's 10,000m final

Feb 24-speed skating-women's 5000m final

men's hockey-2 quarterfinals

Feb 25-women's hockey-gold medal final

Feb 26-Alpine skiing-women's slalom

Feb 28-Closing Ceremony

All this cost me a bunch, but considering this may be the only Olympics I ever get to go to, I better take advantage of it and see as many events as I possibly can.

LOL, You have some duplicate days there, and some where you have to be in Whistler. I suppose its going to be a bit of a challenge.

True, true. Granted shuttling between Van. and Whistler is going to be a bit of a pain, but I'd rather be doing this than having to deal with irate customers at the theatre who complain about everything and threaten you over trivial matters (The popcorn isn't fresh enough! Why don't you have Pepsi? Why is there no sound on the preshow?)

Nah, I'm from Toronto. One of the guys I'm going with has lived in Vancouver and apparently you can basically expect single digit temperatures (celsius at least) and rain.

Lovely.

It only rains twice a year, but once is Nov-Feb. Generally the rains are dissipating by the middle of the month, with the odd day for rain in the city and snow in the mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

Got tickets for Mens Curling and USA-NOR mens hockey. Also got a ticket for victory ceremony on the 18th. Procrastinated over a ticket to Canada -Switzerland and lost out, so hoping there will be a ticket or two when the resale happens. Not holding my breath, but would be a treat

Got tickets for Mens Curling and USA-NOR mens hockey. Also got a ticket for victory ceremony on the 18th. Procrastinated over a ticket to Canada -Switzerland and lost out, so hoping there will be a ticket or two when the resale happens. Not holding my breath, but would be a treat

what resale?

Part of the ticketing double speak, there is a thing that if you can't attend your event for ticket holders to sell back their tickets back to VANOC

I see people selling tickets on ebay and the people that buy off their may end up on the short end

From the website under ticketing info post purchase

What if I buy tickets and then cannot attend the Games in 2010. Can I transfer or sell my tickets?We are developing an online ticket management program that will allow spectators who have purchased tickets but cannot attend to post their tickets for re-sale. A similar option is being explored where spectators will be able to donate tickets they cannot use to a local charity. The ticket management system will be available in mid 2009. Ticket holders must abide by the ticketing terms and conditions. The reselling of tickets through any source other than vancouver2010.com is prohibited and may result in tickets being invalidated.

• 1 month later...

Knowing that Phase II for canadian resident finish in few hours, I was curious to check what's still available.

I was surprise to see that for each curling events, they now show who's playing.

I could'nt resist to buy a ticket for the morning session of the 18th to watch Canada men's team against Sweeden (CU007)

Denmark-USA, Germany-Norway and Great Britain-Switzerland are the 3 others matches I will also have the chance to watch that morning.

Well, February 18th 2010 will become my busiest olympic day ever since I'm also going that day to the Richmond Oval for Long Track Speed Skating (women's 1000m) in the afternoon, and also to the 16h30 Men's hockey Game (Canada-Switzerland) and to the 21h00 Men's hockey game (Slovakia-Russia)

Edited by Chateau Petrus

Knowing that Phase II for canadian resident finish in few hours, I was curious to check what's still available.

I was surprise to see that for each curling events, they now show who's playing.

I could'nt resist to buy a ticket for the morning session of the 18th to watch Canada men's team against Sweeden (CU007)

Denmark-USA, Germany-Norway and Great Britain-Switzerland are the 3 others matches I will also have the chance to watch that morning.

Well, February 18th 2010 will become my busiest olympic day ever since I'm also going that day to the Richmond Oval for Long Track Speed Skating (women's 1000m) in the afternoon, and also to the 16h30 Men's hockey Game (Canada-Switzerland) and to the 21h00 Men's hockey game (Slovakia-Russia)

I debated buying a ticket to the morning curling draw to see Canada in action but as it overlaps the hockey game I am going to(USA-NOR) it doesn't make any sense.Like I said, if I can somehow get a lucky horseshoe to see Canada/SUI at 4:30, I'll be on cloud 9. otherwise, I registered to get a ticket to Molson's Hockey House, or watch the game in the celebration areas rumoured to go up around the city

Thanks for the info about the Molson's Canadian Hockey House.

I didn't heard about that before.

I just registered and I hope I will have the chance to go there.

(I will then go less often to the Heineken Holland House in Richmond)