Trip to IOC Session in Singapore

I will definitely apply annual leave to go for the session.  Just don know whether got any activities which is opened to public... Transportation to the Esplanade and Raffles City is not a problem, as Singapore has the best trasportation network in the Asia region.

Who will follow me?  :)

Guest ryan04
i wish i could go but i know there is a 99.9% chance i wont unless i give NYC some big idea, and they want me to go, i am staying in the good old USA

:)

Hi Desmond Chan,

I am living in Singapore (am Singaporean too :) and should be around for the IOC session in July this year, in fact thinking of volunteering my services to help out in some way.

Would you like to meet up and we can attend the events together? Even better we can take photos of the events and post them here along with reports on the events.

If you are keen I can give you my email and from my email and give you my contact number in Singapore.  :)

Thats all for now and hope to hear from you soon.

Though I am not completely certain about whats going to happen and what is going to go on in the city where the vote takes place as I have never actually been present at the IOC vote session, there will almost certainly be some fanfare involved in the session and according to the Singapore authorities, there will be a whole lot of activities planned for to involve the public.

I also do not know whether members of the public will be allowed to attend the IOC sessions itself (probably not) but I hope that at least some aspects of the sessions can be broadcast to the public (probably by mega television screens).

As this event is happening in my own home city I thought that I might as well get involved in it and attend as many events and functions as is possible, who knows that it might lead to? People will travel thousands of miles to watch events in anohter country/continent so in my view it would almost be criminal not to attend this, especially in Singapore where everyplace is not really that far.

I will try to find out more details and post more information here if required. :laughlong:

• 3 weeks later...
I also do not know whether members of the public will be allowed to attend the IOC sessions itself (probably not) but I hope that at least some aspects of the sessions can be broadcast to the public (probably by mega television screens).

Certainly we will not be allowed to enter the venue so easily.  Just hope that it will have some activities which is open to the public during the session.   See you there!

PS to commentator: you have my mail already right?

Desmond I do not actually have your email yet, did you email it to my email?

Another thing I wish to tell you about, you can sign on as a volunteer for the IOC session by going to the website http://www.singapore2005ioc.org.sg. Just log on the site and the rest is self explanatory.

Anyone else who will be present for the IOC session in Singapore this July please do inform us on this forum and we can have a gathering here in Singapore! :)

The IOC has announced the running order as: - 9.00 a.m. Paris - 10.30 a.m. New York - 12.00 p.m. Moscow - 2.30 p.m. London - 4.00 p.m. Madrid

At 5.15 p.m., the IOC Evaluation Commission Chairwoman, Nawal el Moutawakel, will present her report, which will be followed by the IOC members’ vote. The result will be announced by IOC President Jacques Rogge at 7.30 p.m. (11:30 GMT + 8).

The next key stage in the selection process will be the publication of the Evaluation Commission’s report on 6 June 2005. This report will be made public and will be available on the IOC’s web site: www.olympic.org.

Should we read anything into this running order. Is there a good position or a bad position? I would also be interested to know in what position the previous winning bids have come from..just for fun.

Should we read anything into this running order. Is there a good position or a bad position? I would also be interested to know in what position the previous winning bids have come from..just for fun.

Next you'll be asking for Peter Snow to get his swingometer out. Just for fun!

swing.jpg

:D

The IOC has announced the running order as: - 9.00 a.m. Paris - 10.30 a.m. New York - 12.00 p.m. Moscow - 2.30 p.m. London - 4.00 p.m. Madrid

At 5.15 p.m., the IOC Evaluation Commission Chairwoman, Nawal el Moutawakel, will present her report, which will be followed by the IOC members’ vote. The result will be announced by IOC President Jacques Rogge at 7.30 p.m. (11:30 GMT + 8).

The next key stage in the selection process will be the publication of the Evaluation Commission’s report on 6 June 2005. This report will be made public and will be available on the IOC’s web site: www.olympic.org.

For Brits, they're 7 hours ahead of us in Singapore:

Paris: 2AM

New York 3:30AM

Moscow 5AM

London 7:30AM

Madrid: 9AM

Nawal el Moutawakel's report: 10:15AM

Vote result: 12:30PM

DesmondChan/COMMENTATOR/anyone else:

I have found out today that following my volunteer application, I have been assigned to the accredditation committee! I'm very excited!

Whilst my arrangements are not finalised, I should be in Singapore between 28th June - 12th July, staying centerally. Hope to catch up with you sometime!

:laughlong: Andrewidol, my heartiest congratulations on being accepted as a volunteer! Glad to hear that you are coming to Singapore and all of us must meet up and then we can go and paint the whole of Singapore town red! Desmond Chan most likely will be able to come too and I am already in contact with him.

I hope that besides you there will be others who also can come to the IOC session, then all of the Gamesbids Forumites will have a big party in Singapore!   :laugh:

Andrewidol, you already have accommodation plans? I would not mind putting you up as long as you will be a good housemate!  :)  I will send a private message to you on your account at this forum so that you will know my email then we can communicate and I can give you my contact details in Singapore. Seeya!  :grinning:

According to reports in the press and by the authorities there will be activities planned for the general public, and even if there aren't many or any activities planned, there are still many attractions in Singapore to visit and places to go to! Should be enough to keep one occupied for at least a few days!

Anybody else who is planning on coming to Singapore during the time of the IOC session do tell us!

Archived