The altius, citius, fortius bid

This is your view Robert.

The official view is only this one(others are b..l s...t):best bid coming from the evaluation report is Paris.According to the official IOC history(citius,altius,fortius,....and blablablabla),the official founder is a french baron.

The official best bid is not London and the official founder is not a british.

I think London is closing in quickly and has got the momentum now.

And the IOC Evaluation report is important, but not the determining factor.  

Go back to the 2008 bids.  Toronto's bid was rated as the most technically strong, and by some observers, one of the most technically strong Summer Games bids ever put together.  Yet Toronto finished second.

Don't get too confident over the evaluation report. There are more factors at play here than just that.

The fact the de Coubertin was French is just not even worth mentioning.  It has no bearing.

One reason why Paris' bid could fail is due to the location of the Olympic Village.  For security, this is important, and I believe London's plan for their village is very strong.

Anyway, my point was, if you rely on the bid report, you're underestimating everything else.

Just when you start to think that maybe the Olympics in Paris may not be so bad, up they pop to remind you just how rude and arrogant they are.

They were rude to me and my wife when we went to the IAAF Championships in 2003 (because we had the audacity to cheer for British athletes). They were rude at Roland Garros in the Nadal match and they are guaranteed to be rude in 2012!!!!!!

Ahh.  Poor baby. You won't support NYC's bid then.  Ever gone to Yankee Stadium and cheered for a team other than the Yankees?  I have.  It ain't pretty.

That doesn't mean there's any reason why NYC couldn't host, but honestly, that sounds a bit whiny....

Just when you start to think that maybe the Olympics in Paris may not be so bad, up they pop to remind you just how rude and arrogant they are.

They were rude to me and my wife when we went to the IAAF Championships in 2003 (because we had the audacity to cheer for British athletes). They were rude at Roland Garros in the Nadal match and they are guaranteed to be rude in 2012!!!!!!

Ahh.  Poor baby. You won't support NYC's bid then.  Ever gone to Yankee Stadium and cheered for a team other than the Yankees?  I have.  It ain't pretty.

That doesn't mean there's any reason why NYC couldn't host, but honestly, that sounds a bit whiny....

there is "rudeness" in every city........

I agree that any home fans have every right to be partisan.  

Difference?  There were no French athletes in the races in question.  We were told to shut up just because we were cheering our athletes when they were called to the start line -  in a heat!!!!

Archived