London 31

Paris 39

Madrid 34

Madrid wins in 4th round

Madrid 2012 will win.

Why?

First Olympic games hold im Madrid.

Most compact bid (Most observer agree)

Ecological (No private car games + Greenpeace support)

Highest support quote (91%)

Low cost bid

Overall, Olympic plans are well integrated into the LONG TERM developement of the city (No Castles in the air - No virtual bid)

Best transport system

Madrid is the only city of the bigger ones in Europe without Olympic Games

Fair bidders and supporters (No unfair tactics)

0 temporary Venues

Security? Barcelona 92 and 2005 mediterrenean Games in Almeria (closed only 3 days ago) means sucess!

Passion? 4 TV broadcaster will show the whole ceremony live!

Bid with most broadcaster in Singapore

Olympic stadium and village within 5 to 10 min for athlets

Airport closest one to venues of all bids

ANYTHING ELSE?

You shocked? You wondering?

Dont worry, its all REAL,nothing VIRTUAL in this bid.

Good luck to all.

All NYC needs to do is just get past the 1st 2 rounds, and we have a real chance of winning!

However, this is a win-win sitaution for NYC. If we don't win tomorrow, we bid again in 2016!!! And we're most likely going to be the frontrunner!!!

And Good luck to all, we get the points about Madrid. You don't have to post them anymore.

Good luck to all bids!!! I will not be able to sleep tonight.

All NYC needs to do is just get past the 1st 2 rounds, and we have a real chance of winning!

However, this is a win-win sitaution for NYC. If we don't win tomorrow, we bid again in 2016!!! And we're most likely going to be the frontrunner!!!

And Good luck to all, we get the points about Madrid. You don't have to post them anymore.

Good luck to all bids!!! I will not be able to sleep tonight.

:D

Im glad you got it!

And goofd luck to you to NYC.  :;):

My final prediction is as follows:
  • There will be four ballots to decide this race.
  • Moscow will drop out on the first ballot.
  • Madrid will drop out on the second ballot
  • NYC will drop out on the third ballot.
  • London will beat Paris by 12 votes in the final ballot.

We'll see how close I come...

Hey - I wasn't too far off!

Congrats London!

My final prediction is as follows:
  • There will be four ballots to decide this race.
  • Moscow will drop out on the first ballot.
  • Madrid will drop out on the second ballot
  • NYC will drop out on the third ballot.
  • London will beat Paris by 12 votes in the final ballot.

We'll see how close I come...

Hey - I wasn't too far off!

Congrats London!

Uhmm...  :rolleyes:

Close, but no cigar.   :blues:

Someday New Yorkers will understand that NYC is not well liked by the rest of the world, nor the IOC.  A NYC games is just another Atlanta among skyscrapers.

For NYC to represent USA in 2016, they have to beat out other American cities, it's not automatic.  The USOC will realize San Francisco has a better chance against the world.

My predictions for 2016:

SFO

Rio

Capetown

(I'm discounting all Asian cities because PeongChang should get 2014.  And discounting all of Europe.)

For the good of the games, I hope it goes to S. America in 2016, and SFO in 2020.  

Even better:  SFO in 2016, S.America in 2020.

Someday New Yorkers will understand that NYC is not well liked by the rest of the world, nor the IOC.  A NYC games is just another Atlanta among skyscrapers.

For NYC to represent USA in 2016, they have to beat out other American cities, it's not automatic.  The USOC will realize San Francisco has a better chance against the world.

My predictions for 2016:

SFO

Rio

Capetown

(I'm discounting all Asian cities because PeongChang should get 2014.  And discounting all of Europe.)

For the good of the games, I hope it goes to S. America in 2016, and SFO in 2020.  

Even better:  SFO in 2016, S.America in 2020.

So you know better than the USOC?  So, like the IOC didn't allow the last-minute alteration of plans?  

While I welcome your affection for San Francisco, NYC is still the more capable city of hosting the Games.  Unless the new SF Giants stadium becomes a reality AND it is a versatile stadium (i.e., meaning it can be both a T&F stadium AND a soccer/US football stadium), then having Stanford as the the T&F venue is still a weak point.  It is one hour SOUTH of San Francisco.

The USOC thinks the American way.  Especially when it picked sentimental NYC over SFO not too far from 9/11.  The American way doesn't work well outside the U.S., especially with the IOC.  

NYC was picked before Vancouver won.  SFO would have no chance for 2012, being even closer to Vancouver.  2012 is simply going to Europe anyway.  The last minute stadium change plan is just another black eye to a doomed NYC effort.

For 2016 or 2020, I believe, in the eyes of the world, and the IOC, SFO would have a better chance than NYC.  

Those are my personal opinion, I fully expect New Yorkers to disagree.  Again, for the good of the games, S. America is best for 2016 . . . . . . their winter would be as nice as SFO's summer.

I dunno, there is still a possibility of a San Fran bid.  And NBC (or whatever US network it is) still stands to gain as a West Coast Games would put many of the events live in the early evening and prime time in the more lucrative East Coast markets.

Archived