Now, Who Do You Expect To Win?

I'm glad you pointed that out, jeremie. Albert, in particular, is one of the most commonly seen IOC members in the village come games time, as I know you know. Not to mention that, unfortunately, JJ picked the two examples that actually WERE athletes at the Games above and beyond their Regal status.

Read and learn, JJ.

OH I know they were Athletes But did they actually stay in the an Athletes Village ? Probably not.

I love how you took the bate LOL. Jim jones

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because...

1. Affinity with the new US president;

2. To prevent a Rio victory because that would kill Capetown/Africa's 2020 chances; and

3. Michael Johnson, Miss Oprah and Jesse Jackson I think will also be pitching in...

Personally I think there would be as much connection if not more to RIO with the African Voters as their would be for Chicago. Many high Achievers in Africa Get University Educations in America but also the Second largest population of Blacks for a single country is indeed in Brazil. Only Nigeria has more Blacks in the World as a single nation.

Realistically does Capetown have a chance for 2020 even if Rio does not stage in 2016 or even a set stated desire Beyond MO LOL ?

Jim jones

OH I know they were Athletes But did they actually stay in the an Athletes Village ? Probably not.

Albert definitely does ... repeatedly.

Re: nagano:

Perhaps the unlikeliest Athletes’ Village

resident is IOC member Prince Albert.

heir to the throne of Monaco. But the

40-year-old prince enjoys his status as an

athlete, and is competing in the fourman

bobsleigh event in what is probably

his Olympic swan song. Prince Albert

also stayed in the Athletes’ Village in the

three previous Olympic Winter Games,

and enjoys the lifestyle. “I don’t consider

you’re getting the fullest Olympic experience

unless you live in the village.”

It's not much bait when the bait is total sh!t

As a matter of fact, it has been discussed here several times (mainly during the 2008 bid race as "Athletes Centered" was TO approach) and quite frankly, it's stating the obvious. But kudos to you for making such a creative argument.

BTW, both Prince Albert and Princess Anne have probably spent more times in Olympic Villages than most of other IOC members. Once again demonstrating your impressive knowledge about the Olympic Movement...

No I just demonstrated that I can toss two names of Royalty and you can take the bate Thinking I don't know their backgrounds in the Olympics. Princess Anne was an equestrian and Prince Albert appeared in a few winter games as a Bobsled competitor. Your Statement "both Prince Albert and Princess Anne have probably spent more times in Olympic Villages than most of the other IOC members" . Are you going on on a limb with that one ? Are you sure Princess Ann did not spend her stay in Montreal on board the Royal Yacht Britannia ?

Jim jones

No I just demonstrated that I can toss two names of Royalty and you can take the bate Thinking I don't know their backgrounds in the Olympics. Princess Anne was an equestrian and Prince Albert appeared in a few winter games as a Bobsled competitor. Your Statement "both Prince Albert and Princess Anne have probably spent more times in Olympic Villages than most of the other IOC members" . Are you going on on a limb with that one ? Are you sure Princess Ann did not spend her stay in Montreal on board the Royal Yacht Britannia ?

Jim jones

Jimbo, you're comment was:

I am sure Prince Albert and Princess Anne have barely stepped foot in an athletes village for the most part.

That has been proved to have been totally untrue when it comes to Albert. As for the Princess Regal - I have no idea where she lays her weary head when she's at the games.

Two, it was Jeremie who said: "both Prince Albert and Princess Anne have probably spent more times in Olympic Villages than most of the other IOC members". I have more faith in his assertions than in yours - and know he's right about Albert.

Now to put you back on ignore.

Did I say they stayed in the OV? No!

What I said is that they have been many times in an OV.

I saw both of them several times in Athens, Torino and Beijing OV.

LOL all you want, you don't know what you are talking about.

Jim jones

Did I say you didn't know their Olympic background? No and you know it: so stop trying to spin your wait out every time you post something dumb.

What I said, and I stand by that statement, is that claiming that Albert and Anne have never been in an OV is dumb. Even not taking into account their Olympians experience, they are still among the IOC members that very regularly come to the OV during the Games, meeting with athletes and enquiring about their experience at the OV. That's more that can be said of many IOC members.

So do us a favour: go and work or volunteer for some OCOGs for a few Games and then come back and post some informed opinion.

Did I say they stayed in the OV? No!

What I said is that they have been many times in an OV.

I saw both of them several times in Athens, Torino and Beijing OV.

LOL all you want, you don't know what you are talking about.

Prince Albert used to stay at the Village when he was an athlete

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm. A city that's already hosted over 3 that haven't? Plus from a region that just had the biggest Summer Games last year?

Ain't gonna happen.

Chicago or Rio it is very simple . Tokyo also is a bad choice for Japan being a past host. Past hosts repeating Via Election is reserved for the Capitals of the former European G8 Capitals Paris, London and Rome and Berlin thou Rome in the early 20th century was basically appointed.

Madrid much too soon for a return to Spain . Also on Greenwich Mean Time . The IOC is not holding back on US broadcast TV rights to offer the same BAD time zone for US Tv the biggest income source of the IOC . They election Chicago or Rio thus scoring a much bigger TV deal in the US as NBC is at the end of their term and all four Major Networks wait to start a bidding war probably for Chicago 2016. Rio is Two hours ahead of New York and the Eastern time zone and that indeed may be enough to still have a Bidding war between the networks which the IOC is holding off until they can say Here it is Boys a Games of best advantage to Ad Sales. Tokyo and Madrid 2016 are not happening.

Jim jones

Chicago or Rio it is very simple . Tokyo also is a bad choice for Japan being a past host. Past hosts repeating Via Election is reserved for the Capitals of the former European G8 Capitals Paris, London and Rome and Berlin thou Rome in the early 20th century was basically appointed.

Madrid much too soon for a return to Spain . Also on Greenwich Mean Time . The IOC is not holding back on US broadcast TV rights to offer the same BAD time zone for US Tv the biggest income source of the IOC . They election Chicago or Rio thus scoring a much bigger TV deal in the US as NBC is at the end of their term and all four Major Networks wait to start a bidding war probably for Chicago 2016. Rio is Two hours ahead of New York and the Eastern time zone and that indeed may be enough to still have a Bidding war between the networks which the IOC is holding off until they can say Here it is Boys a Games of best advantage to Ad Sales. Tokyo and Madrid 2016 are not happening.

Jim jones

Former host cities being a bad choice except for G8 capitals is a complete fabrication, and hardly based on fact.

"Madrid much too soon for a return to Spain" Really? You mean like Atlanta was too soon after Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City was too soon after Atlanta. ??? Again, utter nonsense. If anything, Madrid is the safest option for the IOC, especially in times of a global economic meltdown. Also let's not forget that Madrid actually beat London in the second round of voting for the 2012 games.

If your assumption that Greenwich Mean Time is such a 'BAD' deal for NBC and in turn the IOC, then please explain why New York did not succeed in their bid for 2012 with or without securing a site for the Olympic stadium. If NBC's involvement with the IOC cements such a 'done-deal' for Chicago, why have a bidding process in the first place? Indeed, why would any non US city even bother to bid given the result has already been decided.

The bidding process is by no means such a 'done deal'. London proved that when up against some of the greatest world capitals. There is no doubting the vast sums of money invested by NBC. However, a sound technical bid supported by an effective lobbying campaign CAN make a difference. You make IOC members sound like NBC lap-dogs, which clearly they are not.

Let me just say that I think Chicago would stage an amazing Olympics. You only have to read their bid book to realise this. Yet, Tokyo's technical bid is superior and far more innovative in my opinion. If Chicago is to win, then it should be on it's own merits and not because a US broadcasting network sealed it's fate.

Generally agree with that post. However, the US is a country of 250 million with many, many cities capable of hosting. It's entirely reasonable for the US to get more Games than any other nation. And it's not hard to understand why many would say it's too soon for Spain again.

Generally agree with that post. However, the US is a country of 250 million

And it's not hard to understand why many would say it's too soon for Spain again.

Actually, we were about 250 mil around 1988. We reached the 300 mil mark sometime last year.

Really, the next logical European country to host Summer would be France. W/in the last 50 years, it's been -- in order: Italy, Germany,* Russia,* Spain, (Greece), and then the U.K. Why should it be Spain again?

* 2 countries badly battered by the last continental war.

Archived