More controversy

NYC2012 oficial webpage is showing a message of support from Pasqual Maragall, the President of the Government of Catalonia (Spain). The message was: "I have a dream. Seeing Barcelona, Atlanta, Sydney, and Athens olympic torch being carried in NYC in 2012!! Go NYC go!!". There is a picture of him also.

The catalonian government already sent their oficial complain but they think that due to the time diference it will take some hours until they remove it.

Maragall already showed his only support to Madrid. Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia would hold football competitions during Madrid games.

Anybody can post false messages, but I can´t believe the oficial NYC page allowed it.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo....28.html

first off I have been to the site a million times and never saw this...and I am sure if it is there, it is because the guy actually said it...and last time I checked you can have whoever you want support your bid.....

you and others have to get over attacking the other bids as playing "dirty", because they aren't, and rather you and some of the press are just acting foolish.....if you don't like something the other city is doing, then do it yourself because it is allowed, rather then complain and make false allegations...

first off I have been to the site a million times and never saw this...and I am sure if it is there, it is because the guy actually said it...and last time I checked you can have whoever you want support your bid.....

you and others have to get over attacking the other bids as playing "dirty", because they aren't, and rather you and some of the press are just acting foolish.....if you don't like something the other city is doing, then do it yourself because it is allowed, rather then complain and make false allegations...

check on support the dream - share your dream - lauch - and search for "Maragall".

Maragall is actually involved in this project and has showed public support to Madrid many times. It´s like if the Major of Washington DC showed public support to other bid after taking part in NYC presentations and campaign... would you believe it?

I´m not acting foolish. I think anybody would be surprised as I was when I read this. You should be more respectful towards others.

oh that is what you have been talking about? Thta has been there forever....and if the guy did say somethng to the effect that he supported NYC (which I am 100% he must have said to have been put on the site like that), then get over it....

and you should stop being so ridiculous and grow some thicker skin if this and other tactics from other bid ccities are upsetting you that much....

:wwww:  :wwww:

If this is the way to get the Olympic Games...playing dirty....then...you can have all the Games you want....

You deserve !!!...

REgards...

P.D.: Of course it was not Maragall who has written this. And of course it would be impossible to controll each support-message. But of course, it has happened.

And the easiest way to get this topic solved is: DELETE !!!...no more, no less...and...no more problem...

and you should stop being so ridiculous and grow some thicker skin if this and other tactics from other bid ccities are upsetting you that much....

I have a very thick skin, thanks your concern.

I was just comenting this, not a big deal.

I think you are overstressed with all this and take things personally. You should relax a bit, try joga maybe!  :;):

BTW I´m sure that message is false, the government of Catalonia already said it´s false. It´s totally ridiculous to think it´s true, but I don´t blame you for believing it, you don´t even know who this person is.

oh please and like all five bid cities aren't making back deal pitches as we speak in Singapore, that would be considered to be "dirty" tactics....but that is how it works, and I am sure the cities that pitch the best will stand the best chance of winning...I don't think NYC is the city to watch for this however....you shoudl really be concerned with other cities..

this has been on there for months, and I am sure was a minor misudnerstanding at best, it is far from a "dirty" tactic or really controversial move...

and I doubt this was a false support message....he must have said it, no matter how much you may want to deny it....but I agree, I am sure it will be deleted as soon as it is brought to their attention regardless.....

I have a very thick skin, thanks your concern.

I was just comenting this, not a big deal.

I think you are overstressed with all this and take things personally. You should relax a bit, try joga maybe!  :;):

BTW I´m sure that message is false, the government of Catalonia already said it´s false. It´s totally ridiculous to think it´s true, but I don´t blame you for believing it, you don´t even know who this person is.

maybe you should relax and stop being so paranoid, because if you were you wouldn't have started this ridiculous thread to begin with...

and exactly, I and many outside of Spain DON'T know who this guy is, therefore it really maes 0 difference who he supports...so why would they even put such a comment on the site if he never said that?....I am sure he said these things, they would have no reason to do this, and if he didn't say it, it would have been stopped a long time ago....

as I said this is trivial and not even worth discussing....because in the end it will be make no difference as to who wins this race....

Unfortunately, Athens, "the comeback kid", took that title from Barcelona last year.  :D

But seriously, no matter if Maragall supports New York, Madrid, Paris, London, or even Moscow, it needs to be made clear that he is not speaking on behalf of the government of Catalonia. That's the sole reasion for the official complaint and New York should have taken political power into consideration.

Unfortunately, Athens, "the comeback kid", took that title from Barcelona last year.  :D

But seriously, no matter if Maragall supports New York, Madrid, Paris, London, or even Moscow, it needs to be made clear that he is not speaking on behalf of the government of Catalonia. That's the sole reasion for the official complaint and New York should have taken political power into consideration.

and that is very clear on the website....that they were HIS comments...and I am sure they were or they would not be there....as I said this is very trivial at best....

Archived